Want to do the right thing...

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2020, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Somebody is bound to complain about you making a mess in the street.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:17 PM
Veteran member

Not yet! What am I suppose to do? Rake up every little petal every day or hire to have it done? Cars going by don't complain they just drive through. We are writing the lady a letter and listing restrictive covenants that show she has to keep her lawn neat and clean and also that this had to be approved by the developer or ARC. I can almost guarantee it was not approved in writing. We will see or I will look at other options.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:46 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

And to think..........you started this thread.........."want to do the right thing". Your attitude sure changed fast.
Steve
Old 01-04-2020, 08:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

ARC won't do a thing about a blossoming tree. Someone said it best, offer to mitigate it, live with it, or move.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
And to think..........you started this thread.........."want to do the right thing". Your attitude sure changed fast.
Steve
Boy, you can say that again.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
Not yet! What am I suppose to do? Rake up every little petal every day or hire to have it done? Cars going by don't complain they just drive through. We are writing the lady a letter and listing restrictive covenants that show she has to keep her lawn neat and clean and also that this had to be approved by the developer or ARC. I can almost guarantee it was not approved in writing. We will see or I will look at other options.
Ah yes. "Almost guarentee" = "I don't know". She can simply make an application after the fact which will be approved.

If she has her yard taken care of by a lawn service, then it is surely in compliance.

I wouldn't want one of my neighbors blowing their yard waste into the street.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
See my latest post. paragraph 2.12 says "Homeowners must keep property clean and neat". If this lady does that it will require daily cleaning. I don't think she wants to do that. Although most of the blooms are under the tree on her property probably 30" or more end up in my yard.
You're upset over 30" of seasonal leaf/blossom encroachments?

Seasons, like the wind, both come and go....Choose your hills carefully.

Why not just keep your side clean and move on. That's what a good neighbor would do.

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 01-05-2020, 08:56 AM

My neighbor has a Hong Kong orchid tree and I welcome its blooms in the winter. It doesn’t cause any lawn disease (check with UF/IFAS) and certainly isn’t as filthy as live oak trees.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:56 AM
Default Flowers, heaven forbid!

Okay, so this beautiful tree flowers for two weeks out of the year. It is beautiful. With any beauty, the flowers fade with time (Just like us). If you still have issues with it, talk to GOD.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:01 AM

Good luck. We have and many others here in The Villages have HUGE oaks encroaching on our yards. You think you have a problem. Try leaves, limbs, humongous roots in your yard. Villages arborist came out and said, you can cut back whatever hangs in your yard or lands in your yard. Again , good luck.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:06 AM

What tree is best for TV? Low Maintenance, doesn’t make a mess or cause any possible fungus?
Old 01-05-2020, 09:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I feel your aggravation but if this person lived there before you why did you buy there? Was it because the tree was already there or or did this person have the tree put in, in the last 4 yrs.? Why didn’t you address it earlier? I understand your frustration, if this person wants trees or bushes it’s their job to clean up after them. Just like people do for their pets. Maybe instead of raking up their tree droppings rake them back into their yard. I know they’ll blow right back into your yard but the only thing left to do is complain your issue to TV or move. I always say, don’t plant more than what you can take care of. Yes bushes and trees shed leaves with seasons.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:57 AM
Sage

Yes, many of us have huge live oaks that make a mess. They were planted by the developer. Some of the neighbors were smart to remove them before they got too big, but we weren't. They are totally out of scale with the small lots.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:26 PM
Default The Oak trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Yes, many of us have huge live oaks that make a mess. They were planted by the developer. Some of the neighbors were smart to remove them before they got too big, but we weren't. They are totally out of scale with the small lots.
will not have Acorns after being trimmed back.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Steve
What would your attitude be if the tree that sheds blooms five to six months of the year were seven feet from your property line? Nothing has changed. I will do the right thing. Write a request letter, see what happens, in the letter offer to help pay to replace the tree with another. Knowing this person the problem will probably still exist.
Closed Thread

Tags
lawn, lawns, tree, years, deal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.