Wanted: 70-90 year old that has always wanted to Skydive

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Default Wanted: 70-90 year old that has always wanted to Skydive

Hello, I filming a TV Pilot show in which I would like to find someone that has always wanted to Skydive but has never tried it. I am looking for a man or woman between the ages of 70-90 that would like to have the experience of a lifetime! I will pay for the experience in which you will jump in tandem (attached) to an experienced jump instructor. You will also receive a video tape of the experience! Having all your friends and family witness the jump would also be great.

I would also consider someone that may have jumped before in the military many years ago that has always wanted to do it again.

Time to have some fun!!

If this isn't for you, please pass this onto someone that may be interested. Thank you.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmattl View Post
Hello, I filming a TV Pilot show in which I would like to find someone that has always wanted to Skydive but has never tried it. I am looking for a man or woman between the ages of 70-90 that would like to have the experience of a lifetime! I will pay for the experience in which you will jump in tandem (attached) to an experienced jump instructor. You will also receive a video tape of the experience! Having all your friends and family witness the jump would also be great.

I would also consider someone that may have jumped before in the military many years ago that has always wanted to do it again.

Time to have some fun!!

If this isn't for you, please pass this onto someone that may be interested. Thank you.
Oh dear. I would get half way down and forget why I was jumping (just why would I be doing this? I mean jumping out of a perfectly good airplane and all.) and forget to pull the thingy to bring me down slowly and you just know I would forget how I was supposed to land and break my cossacks. (sp?)

And yes I know there would be someone else with me, but at my age, and being that close to a man... Oh honey... I would totally forget EVERYTHING!!!!

Dearie, maybe you should look for someone a little younger who can remember things. I'm just picturing one of us going SPLAT!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Village Girl View Post
Oh dear. I would get half way down and forget why I was jumping (just why would I be doing this? I mean jumping out of a perfectly good airplane and all.) and forget to pull the thingy to bring me down slowly and you just know I would forget how I was supposed to land and break my cossacks. (sp?)

And yes I know there would be someone else with me, but at my age, and being that close to a man... Oh honey... I would totally forget EVERYTHING!!!!

Dearie, maybe you should look for someone a little younger who can remember things. I'm just picturing one of us going SPLAT!

HEY SWIMDAWG. HERE IS YOUR POST OF THE DAY!!

Village Girl...My dream is to sit on a lanai with a wonderful view and eat crackers and drink pop with you. Will you be my friend????
Old 02-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Veteran member

What a great offer. Unfortunately I am only 50 and have jumped four times (I thought it might get me over my fear of heights, but it didn't) so I probably don't qualify, but if there is anyone out there who wants to give it a try, this is a great opportunity.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 02-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyjon431 View Post
What a great offer. Unfortunately I am only 50 and have jumped four times (I thought it might get me over my fear of heights, but it didn't) so I probably don't qualify, but if there is anyone out there who wants to give it a try, this is a great opportunity.
Cappyjon. I love you and love your posts....but do NOT redirect my sensitivity to humor about the "elderly". YOU aren't even dry behind the ears. baby baby.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Village Girl View Post

Did you mean "corset"? "Cossack" has something to do with Russian military from way back, I believe.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
Did you mean "corset"? "Cossack" has something to do with Russian military from way back, I believe.
Actually dear, I was trying to say tailbone, but my mind started going on about copping a feel of that cute young diving instructor and I wanted to impress him with my fancy words.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default SPOTD Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Village Girl...My dream is to sit on a lanai with a wonderful view and eat crackers and drink pop with you. Will you be my friend????
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Village Girl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow! Awfully early......but here it is......the SPOTD Award!

and BTW the spelling is coccyx....and you'd hurt more than that, trust me!

Oh VG....don't do it......you can hardly remember your name these days. Not trying to get personal or anything. But if you do, please land in water so I can rescue you. I may join you and Gracie on the lanai........
Old 02-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Default Skydiving is for all ages....

I know that this experience is not for everyone! Just the ones that want a daring experience that will be remembered forever!

Please pass this on to your friends that may be interested.

The facility that we are going to use has hosted jumpers into their 90's before. They also told me that former Presidentail candidate (&senator) George Mcgovern jumped and he is in his late 80's.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
I think it might have been "coccyx," and I have landed on mine a couple of times. I would rather injure a cossack.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 02-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
I know that this experience is not for everyone! Just the ones that want a daring experience that will be remembered forever!

The facility that we are going to use has hosted jumpers into their 90's before. They also told me that former Presidentail candidate (&senator) George Mcgovern jumped and he is in his late 80's.

KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine — Former President George H.W. Bush marked his 85th birthday on Friday the same way he did his 75th and 80th birthdays: He leaped from a plane and zoomed downward at more than 100 mph in freefall before parachuting safely to a spot near his oceanfront home.

Bush made the tandem jump from 10,500 feet with Sgt. 1st Class Mike Elliott of the Army's Golden Knights, who guided them to a gentle landing on the lawn of St. Ann's Church.

"It's a great, exhilarating feeling," he said after he was removed from his harness. "I don't feel a day over 84."

He said he enjoyed the jump so much that he planned to do it again when he turns 90.

When he was president, Bush was an avid jogger, speed golfer, fisherman and tennis player. He said he has slowed down since then, but he doesn't intend to stop moving.

He told reporters that he jumped Friday for two reasons: to experience the exhilaration of free-falling and to show that seniors can remain active and do fun things.

"Just because you're an old guy, you don't have to sit around drooling in the corner," Bush said. "Get out and do something. Get out and enjoy life."

Children on hand
All five of Bush's children, including former President George W. Bush, were there, along with 14 grandchildren, two brothers and a sister.

Elliott said he was "definitely nervous" because of Bush's age and the presence of his entire family.

"What we do is inherently dangerous, so there's always some risk, but we pride ourselves on safety and make sure everything goes as planned. And today it went without a hitch," he said.

Bush's first parachute jump came when his plane was shot down over the Pacific in 1944 during World War II. He bailed out at 1,500 feet after a bombing mission over ChiChi Jima. His two crewmates didn't make it.

In 1997, Bush fulfilled a wartime promise he made to himself that someday he'd jump from a plane for fun by hopping out over Yuma, Ariz., and he jumped again on his 75th birthday at his library in Texas.

Video: Free falling with the Golden Knights His days of solo parachuting ended at age 80 when bad weather forced him to scrap his plan to go alone. He made not one but two tandem jumps in Texas.

Seventh leap
The skydiving jump marked Bush's seventh parachute leap from an airplane. His last jump was in November 2007, also with Elliott, at the reopening of his presidential library at Texas A&M University. He made that jump unannounced after hip replacement surgery.

Joining Bush on Friday was anchor Robin Meade from HLN, the cable network formerly known as Headline News. Meade also made a tandem jump with the Golden Knights.

Nancy Brindle, who works at Patten's farm stand in Kennebunkport, said she's surprised at the number of local residents who are concerned about Bush's safety but she wasn't worried.

"It's so much fun to live in Kennebunkport and be part of the excitement," she said. "It's a pleasure to be part of it all. It far outweighs any inconveniences."

Former First Lady Barbara Bush doesn't object to her octogenarian husband's fascination with skydiving.

"She is fine with it, particularly now that he does tandem jumps. She has so much trust and faith in the Golden Knights that she's fine with it," said Jean Becker, Bush's chief of staff.

Dr. Tom Perls, director of the New England Centenarian Study, applauded Bush for serving as an example to others — especially seniors — to stay active.

"For Mr. Bush to have this attitude of, you know, carpe diem, really is spot on. Clearly age is not stopping him from doing something that he thinks is really fun, and thrilling," said Perls, a professor at Boston University. "Age, the number, should never stop somebody."

VG.....I don't care what they say....do not do it!
Old 02-02-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:

Time to have some fun!!

Hmmmm.....well, not much of a response so far. How about me? I will be 71 this year, I did a static-line, just once, back in 1988. Can girls apply?????
Old 02-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:

Time to have some fun!!

How do we contact you ????
Old 02-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Sage

Quote:

The forever part may be SOONER than you think sky diving...and George McGovern was...well, you know... and most of the folks here are well, you know.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine — Former President George H.W. Bush marked his 85th birthday on Friday the same way he did his 75th and 80th birthdays: He leaped from a plane and zoomed downward at more than 100 mph in freefall before parachuting safely to a spot near his oceanfront home.

Bush made the tandem jump from 10,500 feet with Sgt. 1st Class Mike Elliott of the Army's Golden Knights, who guided them to a gentle landing on the lawn of St. Ann's Church.

"It's a great, exhilarating feeling," he said after he was removed from his harness. "I don't feel a day over 84."

He said he enjoyed the jump so much that he planned to do it again when he turns 90.

When he was president, Bush was an avid jogger, speed golfer, fisherman and tennis player. He said he has slowed down since then, but he doesn't intend to stop moving.

He told reporters that he jumped Friday for two reasons: to experience the exhilaration of free-falling and to show that seniors can remain active and do fun things.

"Just because you're an old guy, you don't have to sit around drooling in the corner," Bush said. "Get out and do something. Get out and enjoy life."

Children on hand
All five of Bush's children including former President George W. Bush, were there, along with 14 grandchildren, two brothers and a sister.

Elliott said he was "definitely nervous" because of Bush's age and the presence of his entire family.

"What we do is inherently dangerous, so there's always some risk, but we pride ourselves on safety and make sure everything goes as planned. And today it went without a hitch," he said.

Bush's first parachute jump came when his plane was shot down over the Pacific in 1944 during World War II. He bailed out at 1,500 feet after a bombing mission over ChiChi Jima. His two crewmates didn't make it.

In 1997, Bush fulfilled a wartime promise he made to himself that someday he'd jump from a plane for fun by hopping out over Yuma, Ariz., and he jumped again on his 75th birthday at his library in Texas.

Video: Free falling with the Golden Knights His days of solo parachuting ended at age 80 when bad weather forced him to scrap his plan to go alone. He made not one but two tandem jumps in Texas.

Seventh leap
The skydiving jump marked Bush's seventh parachute leap from an airplane. His last jump was in November 2007, also with Elliott, at the reopening of his presidential library at Texas A&M University. He made that jump unannounced after hip replacement surgery.

Joining Bush on Friday was anchor Robin Meade from HLN, the cable network formerly known as Headline News. Meade also made a tandem jump with the Golden Knights.

Nancy Brindle, who works at Patten's farm stand in Kennebunkport, said she's surprised at the number of local residents who are concerned about Bush's safety but she wasn't worried.

"It's so much fun to live in Kennebunkport and be part of the excitement," she said. "It's a pleasure to be part of it all. It far outweighs any inconveniences."

Former First Lady Barbara Bush doesn't object to her octogenarian husband's fascination with skydiving.

"She is fine with it, particularly now that he does tandem jumps. She has so much trust and faith in the Golden Knights that she's fine with it," said Jean Becker, Bush's chief of staff.

Dr. Tom Perls, director of the New England Centenarian Study, applauded Bush for serving as an example to others — especially seniors — to stay active.

"For Mr. Bush to have this attitude of, you know, carpe diem, really is spot on. Clearly age is not stopping him from doing something that he thinks is really fun, and thrilling," said Perls, a professor at Boston University. "Age, the number, should never stop somebody."

VG.....I don't care what they say....do not do it!
Bush's children were all there, which was wise, that way they didn't have to gather them up again in case there was a funeral.

Village Girl...DON'T DO IT. Maybe you can just do the holding on to the guy ON THE GROUND!!

Yikes. I get dizzy wearing high heeled shoes. To each his own...and what would this world be if we all liked the same things. They would only sell vanilla ice cream!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.