Alligators

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Veteran member
Default Alligators

Do you have many of them in the ponds around TV? Do they present any danger at all to residents? I heard a few little dogs went missing! And of course, having cats, I would never let them out! Right now, I let them out in my back when I'm gardening and they stay around the property but I suspect, not a good idea in TV!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Default Re: Alligators

??? Are there alligators in ponds-- is there fish in the sea?? Of course!! And cats and doggies make an excellent entree for any gator. BTW you should read your deed restrictions, pets are not allowed to roam free. Just for that reason is that they make a great snack for gators and snapping turtles and snakes. Let your cat out and then moan because it became pet food for the wildlife.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Founder

Alligators come through from time to time. People should avoid them. They are not a general nuisance.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Veteran member

Thanks for the info - I'm not a resident yet! Trying to gather as much info before hand! We have convenants where I live now and I know to read the fine print!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:16 PM
Sage

I was told (before we bought) that there are many, many alligators in ponds in the Villages.
We are from Canada .. no gators here.
That is why we bought a Courtyard Villa. Also, we made sure there is no water on the golf course behind us. I still wouldn't leave a pet in the yard unsupervised.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:27 AM
Founder

I have lived here for 4 years. I have seen.....maybe.....three alligators. :dontknow: The guy that was bitten several weeks ago, I understand, was poking it with his ball retriever to keep it away from his wife's golf ball. :'(
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.