Activating mail

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Platinum member
Default Activating mail

My mail from The Villages is being sent to my NY residence. When I return to TV at the end of the month, I wish to have the mail active again. I already notified my NY post office to send all mail to Florida but I am afraid the mail will boomarang and I'll never get anything. Although NY was notified, do I need to let TV know. If so, how do I do that?
Old 03-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Veteran member
Default Mail

I just phoned the Lady Lake post office and told them that we would be in town on the 31st and to please start delivering then.

We did not have our mail forwarded for the 2 months we are down, but when we go back north at the end of May, they stop delivering when the box gets full. Any mail that isn't picked up gets sent back to sender.

We only get deliveries when we are in TV that we order when we are in TV and everything else including utility bills gets sent to our northern address. I call in to the utilities when I am in TV so that the payments stay current and I telephone bank the bills from up north. In November we have the taxes sent to the TV address as we are down again in the fall for 2 months.

If you are down for any longer, it may be more difficult to manage payments at both locations. Most of the mail we get is bills and they can be managed by phone in either location.

We use Citizen's bank for our TV bills and they mail out the cheques to anywhere. It's a really great service online.

Hope this is helpful.

LW888
Old 03-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Platinum member

I have Citizen's also and they pay the bills. My concern is the NY stuff. Maybe I'll call the Lady Lake number and see if I can get things moving. PS: Anyone know the phone of Lady Lake Post Office. I live in Buttonwood. Is that who I call?
Old 03-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
I have Citizen's also and they pay the bills. My concern is the NY stuff. Maybe I'll call the Lady Lake number and see if I can get things moving. PS: Anyone know the phone of Lady Lake Post Office. I live in Buttonwood. Is that who I call?
We have gone through the process twice online. Once to forward our NY mail to TV and then again to change from TV back to NY.

The process was fairly simple and it has worked fine for us both times. Just remember to make the start and end dates appropriate for when you will be at whichever location. Also note that temporary changes are good for 6 months (or optionally less) and you can review or change the order anytime online as well. For more detail or to process the change, go to the following address:

https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/ic...execution=e1s1

Just a brief on a few things we learned in the process:

1. If you have EZ Pass, the PO will not forward you're mail from them. We got an email notice from EZ Pass that our address was no longer valid and we had to call them to remove the invalid indicator. They made the change without any hassle to us.

2. Your bank statements may not be forwarded either. It happened with one of our accounts.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

just did this:

1 - in jan cancelled temp chg of addy that had fl mail going to nj and

2 - processssed temp chg of addy to get nj mail sent to fl;

3 - now returning to nj, so cancelled temp chg of addy that had nj mail coming to fl and

4 - processed temp chg of addy to have fl mail sent to nj

did it all on-line so that i have confirmation emails on laptop to make it easy to cancel or process. just remember to have a credit card available to pay for the processing of the temp chg of addy - usps needs to confirm that it is you dealing with your mail so they use a $1 fee for processing.

can go on-line in sept and extend temp chg of addy dates from the 6 mos to the date we will be returning to tv in jan

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.