Why?

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Platinum member
Default Why?

There are many issues and mysteries in this big world of ours that beg the question "Why?".
My latest....I just finished snowblowing and shoveling 11" of snow from my driveway and walk and it hasn't stopped snowing yet. It's very pretty...but..
Why?...oh Why are we not in The Villages already?
Old 03-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Ahhhh!

Soooo sad......Get your buns down here, sounds like you could use a thawing out!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
There are many issues and mysteries in this big world of ours that beg the question "Why?".
My latest....I just finished snowblowing and shoveling 11" of snow from my driveway and walk and it hasn't stopped snowing yet. It's very pretty...but..
Money????????
Old 03-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Sage
Smile Been there done that

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
Money????????
Yeah......like all the MONEY it takes to heat the home for 8 months of the year....all the money it takes to get the snowblower fixed when it breaks the night before you get 12 inches of snow overnight....all the money it takes to have on retainer a truck-snowplow owner to come and plow you out when it's too deep for the snowblower.....all the money it takes to have a new driveway put in because the truck snowplow ripped up some edges of concrete slabs....all the money it takes to buy snowmobile suits to be able to go outside when it is 30 degrees below zero plus a 20 mph wind....all the money you lose when you can't get to work because you're snowed in.....all the money you lose if you own a business and your employees and customers can't get there....

I'll take TV with the heat in July/August and pleasant evening temps that make for social fun outside every night, year-round possible!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Yeah......like all the MONEY it takes to heat the home for 8 months of the year....all the money it takes to get the snowblower fixed when it breaks the night before you get 12 inches of snow overnight....all the money it takes to have on retainer a truck-snowplow owner to come and plow you out when it's too deep for the snowblower.....all the money it takes to have a new driveway put in because the truck snowplow ripped up some edges of concrete slabs....all the money it takes to buy snowmobile suits to be able to go outside when it is 30 degrees below zero plus a 20 mph wind....all the money you lose when you can't get to work because you're snowed in.....all the money you lose if you own a business and your employees and customers can't get there....

I'll take TV with the heat in July/August and pleasant evening temps that make for social fun outside every night, year-round possible!

ditto
Old 03-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Why indeed.

Do the days fly by when our delightful granddaughter is visiting??? I was gonna have a little "do" for her and now the airplane takes her away in the morning.

sigh.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
DaleMn:

I feel you pain. This winter even though the calendar says it's spring really s**ked.

I know it's a rhetorical question but my reason is because my condo did not sell last year and still spending time in the winter c***.

The best laid plans of mice and men.

Hopefully we will be at a happy hour in TV soon.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post

What heat?
Old 03-23-2011, 02:57 PM

You know, I do feel your pain, last time was 1 1/2 yrs ago in N.Va., always did all the neighbors too on the block, lucky to get a Hi five for my work, had enough, sold it to my neighbor and got out of Dodge, did it all my life, No Mo!!! Get out of there, thats an order!
Old 03-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
DaleMn:

I feel you pain. This winter even though the calendar says it's spring really s**ked.

I know it's a rhetorical question but my reason is because my condo did not sell last year and still spending time in the winter c***.

The best laid plans of mice and men.

Hopefully we will be at a happy hour in TV soon.
Perhaps we can raise a glass and toast to days past....in short sleeves and shorts.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:16 PM

DaleMN - I share your pain! We have about 10" in Ham Lake. What a winter this has been!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Gold member

Why indeed! We have had over 150 inches of snow this year, and it's snowing outside right now. I've lived in the snow belt for 57 of my 61 years, and have one winter yet to go before we move to TV. Syracuse averages 121 inches per year (more than any other U.S. larger city). So by my calculation, I've endured nearly 6900 inches of snow in my life (that's about 575 feet!), and I only have about ten feet more to go before I can leave for good. So if you see a couple and their beagle (who, by the way, loves the snow) walking around sunny TV in the winter of 2012-2013 with impossibly wide smiles, it'll be us.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:44 PM

Lake home on Lake Minnewaska in the summer for four months rest time in TV. Best of both worlds except for the mosquitoes.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Why indeed.

Do the days fly by when our delightful granddaughter is visiting??? I was gonna have a little "do" for her and now the airplane takes her away in the morning.

sigh.
I know your visit with your granddaughter must have been wonderful. I'm wishing for you another visit real soon!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybb View Post
I know your visit with your granddaughter must have been wonderful. I'm wishing for you another visit real soon!
What a nice thought. Now that you mention it, I'm wishing her another visit soon, too.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.