WARNING: iTunes email is a fake

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Default WARNING: iTunes email is a fake

I received an email from MY email address to me stating I needed to update all of the information in my iTunes account or my account would be closed. I clicked on the link and got a very official looking page. But it ask for name, address, date-of-birth, credit cad info. and on and on.

This email did not look like an Apple email, so I called Apple. It turns out it is not from Apple. Someone is phishing.

If you receive this email I would not fill out the information. Call Apple.

You can forward the email to Apple at: Reportphishing@apple.com

U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service

Senior Firearms Instructor,
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
Glynco, GA
Old 02-21-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing-nut2 View Post
I received an email from MY email address to me stating I needed to update all of the information in my iTunes account or my account would be closed. I clicked on the link and got a very official looking page. But it ask for name, address, date-of-birth, credit cad info. and on and on.

This email did not look like an Apple email, so I called Apple. It turns out it is not from Apple. Someone is phishing.

If you receive this email I would not fill out the information. Call Apple.

You can forward the email to Apple at: Reportphishing@apple.com
got same email and fell for it to late. had to change credit card number as the one entered might have been compromised. Also had full scan done on computer to be sure nothing had been put on it... How stupid can I get!! It did look so official. I reported to Apple fraud unit.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

It looks like this, they also come from banks, credit card providers, ISP and on and on. Better to contact the sender thru you normal access and stay away from strange emails.
_______

This is an automated email, please do not reply

Dear Client
We've noticed that some of your account information appears to be missing or incorrect We need to verify your account information in order to continue using your iTunes ID, Please Verify your account information by clicking on the link below

Click here to Verify your ID

Thanks for choosing iTunes,
iTunes Team

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.