Warning: National Breast Cancer Research Center

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Gold member
Default Warning: National Breast Cancer Research Center

Once again, the above "charity" is soliciting donations for its so-called "Villages Area Annual Fund Drive." I suspect that they personalize all their solicitations by referring to the addressee's municipality and indicating some sort of special fund drive for that area.

As I posted last year in this Forum, the organization is essentially a scam, using almost everything collected to pay its administrators and to solicit more donations. For more info, go to: Charity Navigator Rating - Walker Cancer Research Institute

Contribute if you wish, but in doing so, don't think that you are doing anything more than enriching the promoters who run the organization. (Interestingly, enough, the incriminating numbers are included in the fine print on the back of the solicitation form, but hardly anybody reads that stuff.)

My wife is a breast-cancer survivor; so I am personally incensed by this organization's diverting contributions from legitimate anti-cancer organizations.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.