Washing Car Windows- Only in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2016, 12:51 AM
Gold member

On Saturday last week we took a tire from our golf cart to Sam's to have the tire replaced on the rim. It had picked up a nail and was flat. We were told there were 4 other customers ahead of us. We paid for the work and the tire and left. This was at 2pm. They close at 7pm.

We decided to run a few other errands and came back about 5:30. There was no one at the register in the tires dept. There were 6 people waiting to be helped. There were 2 mechanics in the bays working on cars/tires, but no one to help customers.

My husband waited 40 minutes to get helped. Finally one of the mechanics came out to the counter to help the customers. When it was our turn to be waited on, we were told that our tire had not been done yet! He apologized and said he would do it next.

When it was completed, the store was about to close. The mechanic looked wiped out, and he asked us to please notify corporate. He said they are often short staffed and have asked for more help but it is never approved. The counter help goes home early.

We were not happy about the wait. But we really felt bad for the 2 mechanics who were left holding the bag after the counter help left for the day.

Sam's certainly ain't Costco!!!
Old 01-09-2016, 06:39 AM
Veteran member

We have both Sam's and Costco within a couple of miles of us here in Indiana. Costco employees like their jobs and Sam's employees don't. The store service, employees attitudes, and store traffic is like night and day. Wanna guess which one does more business?

Old 01-09-2016, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

I think if they opened a Costco and a BJ's in the area, attitudes might change. And if they don't (change), I can envision a lot of square footage for rent
Old 01-09-2016, 06:53 AM

When we moved here a year ago, I about cried when I saw SAMs here and not Costco! I had a bad experience with them (well..many but the final straw) in CA & went to Costco. Seems like the mentality of SAMs is all over! Our membership had run out, didn't get the bill in mail so I said I would pay it at the checkout. They wouldn't let me since I was not the primary ~ although I pay the bills, always write a check from home & mail it to them!! The last 2 times Inwent into SAMs, the checks have been much better but it really seems like the employees are not happy or they have all taken on the attitude of management!
Old 01-09-2016, 06:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
On Saturday last week we took a tire from our golf cart to Sam's to have the tire replaced on the rim. It had picked up a nail and was flat. We were told there were 4 other customers ahead of us. We paid for the work and the tire and left. This was at 2pm. They close at 7pm.

We decided to run a few other errands and came back about 5:30. There was no one at the register in the tires dept. There were 6 people waiting to be helped. There were 2 mechanics in the bays working on cars/tires, but no one to help customers.

My husband waited 40 minutes to get helped. Finally one of the mechanics came out to the counter to help the customers. When it was our turn to be waited on, we were told that our tire had not been done yet! He apologized and said he would do it next.

When it was completed, the store was about to close. The mechanic looked wiped out, and he asked us to please notify corporate. He said they are often short staffed and have asked for more help but it is never approved. The counter help goes home early.

We were not happy about the wait. But we really felt bad for the 2 mechanics who were left holding the bag after the counter help left for the day.

BUT...in all fairness, if Costco were here and not Sam's and the snowbirds had just returned to find flat tires on their carts, or many decided they needed new tires on their carts, then Costco would be swamped too.

Belonged to Costco and Sams in Cincinnati. See not much difference.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-09-2016 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:30 AM
Veteran member

2 Solutions: buy your own squeegee and keep it in your car or go to another gas station and pay 20 cents more per gallon, they have squeegees
Old 01-09-2016, 08:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default sams

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB View Post
This is the worst Sams Club I've ever been to AND YES I STILL PATRONIZE IT. The mgr of this store has a lot to be desired. No shock at the answer you received. Does it take 3 people at the service counter to issue a new ID while other customers are waiting? Automotive techs weren't allowed to release vehicles to customers because the computer was down & they couldn't document their work in the system to issue bill. The vehicles maintenance was complete. Answer they gave patrons was "We're trying to get IT to fix it." Broken glass wet spill in grocery isle for 45 minutes. Team member stayed with it then walked away when she couldn't get any response to her radio request for clean up. No signage was placed by spill. 50 or more gallons of milk tipped over inside cooler without anyone cleaning up. Outside security lights in parking lot not working during highest crime time of year, "The Thanksgiving/Christmas Holidays in 2014". 2015 was repaired. No grocery carts available for shoppers at 2 p.m. Carts were in lot but none inside. I'm sure I've forgotten something.

I've never been to Costco but sure wish the hell they had one near us.

Paste this post into a email to Sam's Club. Tell them where this club is located.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimigolf View Post
Went to Sam's Club for Gas earlier today. As the tank was filling I reached for the window wash long handled tool to wash my front windshield. The tool wasn't there which prompted me to ask the attendant why the tools were no longer there. His answer was that they no longer put them out due to the high rate of disappearance. WOW! Only in The Villages!
Pardon me, but if you think these items only disappear around the local Sam's Club you really need to get out more.
Old 01-09-2016, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post

It sounds like a personnel shortage at Sam's, for whatever reason. They should have counter help available as long as they're open. Perhaps Costco manages their personnel differently.

There's more than one place to go, too. Around the corner from Sam's is Goodyear. They had all three bays full on Friday, but the counter person checked our tire pressures and topped the air off.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:30 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I think if they opened a Costco and a BJ's in the area, attitudes might change. And if they don't (change), I can envision a lot of square footage for rent

we really liked the BJ's in Orlando.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 01-10-2016, 11:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
2 Solutions: buy your own squeegee and keep it in your car or go to another gas station and pay 20 cents more per gallon, they have squeegees
You sure know how to ruin a thread. [insert winking emoticon cleaning a windshield]
Old 01-10-2016, 04:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
It's very possible that the man is not an employee of Home Depot. It's very possible that he doesn't even exist. I wouldn't stop shopping at Home Depot or anywhere else for that matter based on that post. As a matter of fact, I make my shopping, dining, and entertainment choices based on what I want, where I want to get it from, and at the time I choose to get it. Not based on anything I see on the internet, even though I heard that everything on the Internet it true. BTW, when you do move here, you'll enjoy every minute of being here.

Yes. He was probably impersonating an employee with the HD outfit on, and helping people. That happens all the time, here. Just the other day I met as Publix cashier impersonator checking someone out.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Yes. He was probably impersonating an employee with the HD outfit on, and helping people. That happens all the time, here. Just the other day I met as Publix cashier impersonator checking someone out.
I guess you missed the point, doesn't matter. I struggle to believe stories told by fictional people, someone supposedly in the know, friends of friends, and town drunks.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post

Impersonators are politically incorrect to discuss.

Tags
wash, villages, longer, tool, attendant, tools, put, rate, high, disappearance, wow, due, prompted, answer, gas, earlier, today, club, sams, car, windows-, tank, filling, washing, front

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.