Moved from South Florida to TV ??

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2011, 05:17 AM
Default Moved from South Florida to TV ??

Has anyone moved to TV from Southwest Florida?

We are wondering if the bugs/allergies are worse there than sf or if they are better or the same?

Thanks,

aj
Old 04-09-2011, 05:32 AM
Gold member

We did move here from Naples but to be honest never really were bothered by bugs in either location.

The pollen in the air has seemed worse here on occasion.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBoy View Post
We did move here from Naples but to be honest never really were bothered by bugs in either location.

The pollen in the air has seemed worse here on occasion.

Thanks, we are on Pine Island and it's real bad on the Island. Wife's uncle was in Naples and never complained about it there so was thinking maybe the Island is the worse spot.

Either way we are moving to TV but still trying to find the right house there at this time.

aj
Old 04-09-2011, 06:37 AM
Veteran member

Haven't noticed alot of bugs (we moved here from the midwest) except soon is "love-bug" season which is a pain. But is short-lived I think. You just have to be sure to wash your car well. The other bugs, I think, are either taken care of by T.V. (mosquitos etc) or the "bug men" you hire to come and exterminate.
As for allergies....was told this is "allergy alley" and you might notice a difference here. Though I had them "up north" so not sure if it's worse here or not. Just take the usual measures of "drugs" and air-conditioning!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Default came from S. FL.

We came here after 12 years in Cape Coral and Punta Gorda FL. LOVE IT HERE, No bugs like down there and no heat and big storms.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimore Guy View Post
We came here after 12 years in Cape Coral and Punta Gorda FL. LOVE IT HERE, No bugs like down there and no heat and big storms.

Thanks all!
Old 04-09-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimore Guy View Post
Hi Baltimore Guy,

Thanks for info, your probably the closes to where we are (Pine Island) and ,on the Island especially, we have BUGS and we have ALLERGIE problems.

Anyway, thanks for everyone for info. As always good people give good info to help others...

aj
Old 04-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdeck View Post
Thanks, we are on Pine Island and it's real bad on the Island. Wife's uncle was in Naples and never complained about it there so was thinking maybe the Island is the worse spot.

Either way we are moving to TV but still trying to find the right house there at this time.

aj
We love Pine Island!! have friends who live on the Matlacha road into Pine Island.
Wont you miss the ocean??
Old 04-09-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAjd View Post
Haven't noticed alot of bugs (we moved here from the midwest) except soon is "love-bug" season which is a pain. But is short-lived I think. You just have to be sure to wash your car well. The other bugs, I think, are either taken care of by T.V. (mosquitos etc) or the "bug men" you hire to come and exterminate.
As for allergies....was told this is "allergy alley" and you might notice a difference here. Though I had them "up north" so not sure if it's worse here or not. Just take the usual measures of "drugs" and air-conditioning!!!

Thanks! That seems to be the only thing we can do down here and even that it still hits most people especially if you are not a healthy one to begin with.

Thanks!

aj
Old 04-09-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritParrothead View Post
We love Pine Island!! have friends who live on the Matlacha road into Pine Island.
Wont you miss the ocean??
Yes, will miss water but have been lucky enough to be on water most of my life. After fighting cancer last year as well as no longer using the water (boating swimming) we use it mostly to sit and look at.

Also, boating down here is great and love it but between weather, cold, and very windy days we hardly ever use the boat since we are down only for the six months.

So time to do more, wife and I love golf as well as good places to eat, good music, being close to medical (especially now) and last but not least the entertainment like plays and things like George Bush coming or any one of the PGA or LPGA coming in for a day of fun.

Also, Josie (our dog) loves the Doggie Do Run dog park and we also love sitting with the other dog owners and chatting.

We've been here 10 years and know this is great for awhile but...

aj
Old 04-09-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAjd View Post
Speaking of the dreaded "love-bugs". It use to be years ago we didn't experience them until we got down around Interstate 10, just below the Alabama state line. Now, after the hurricanes a few years ago they have been pushed as far North as here in Montgomery! I carry a fly swatter when I play golf in April and September, just to swat the darn things. It seems they like golf carts for some reason!!
Old 04-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We lived on the ocean on Hutchinson Island and the Summers were brutal because of the bugs. When I played golf I would be covered with no see'ums and boy did their bites itch. I always thought that central Florida was buggy but guess what, I haven't had one bite since we moved here. I thought I would miss the ocean but we are very happy to be living in TV.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
We lived on the ocean on Hutchinson Island and the Summers were brutal because of the bugs. When I played golf I would be covered with no see'ums and boy did their bites itch. I always thought that central Florida was buggy but guess what, I haven't had one bite since we moved here. I thought I would miss the ocean but we are very happy to be living in TV.
Duffysmom, so did I think I would be bitten. There is something so yummy about me that bugs like. (YES, I do bathe)

But not in TV. I have had many vacations to the beach in Florida and the no see ums ate me alive. But no bites for me in TV!!

We arrived in Ohio last weekend and I have been pulling weeds and seeding bare spots in our yard. I am itching all over from some danged bug bites. I wanna go home to Hadley.

BUT...just so folks won't say I work for TV. THIS allergy season in The Villages was BRUTAL for Helene and me. I think we may have to seek an allergist there for desensitization. I haven't had that much trouble for years. I hope it was an unusual season.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Default Moved

Half of Naples has moved here.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Sage

Been in S. Fla since 1953 and moved from Boynton Beach a year ago. Much fewer bugs here. Once you get north of Lake Okeechobee the climate is different, no longer sub-tropical. Humidity is less here and temps in summer about the same. Of course much cooler in the winter. I am more comfortable here weather and insect wise, although the bugs never bothered me other than Love Bugs in May and September.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.