Water Aerobics in Neighborhood Pools?

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
That seems like a lot of work and emotional turmoil to "teach the water aerobic folks a lesson".
If I find a pool is busier than I like, I just find another nearby adult pool where I can relax.
We have so many pool choices in Lala Land.

First, it is not necessarily an effort to teach any one a "lesson". People were asking about how to regain the opportunity to use the pools as they were intended. Some suggested that maybe the people didn't know that they were not supposed to be doing exercises in the neighborhood pools. They had already tried all the appropriate routes, so I offered a suggestion that hopefully would have been acceptable. If we say nothing when people are doing wrong, then we accept what we get. I don't use the pools myself, was just trying to help.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:53 PM

I am new to TV and have occasionally used my neighborhood pool. I prefer the early hours when few folks are present. Those who are do their own brand of exercise, use their own water weights and take up little space. I have heard about this issue and some of my new friends at my NP have said they are very much upset by it and should it happen at out NP they would put up a fight. I have also been told that in one case it is suspected that the 'instructor' receives payment. In another instance I have been told (second hand) that there has been some physical contact. This is really distressing and give TV a bad name, which I hope does not spread. I noticed that at the pools there is a large sign displaying pool rules which indicates activity, equipment and permitted occupancy. No more than 52 people are permitted in a pool at on time though I do not know how this is enforced. It sounds as if it is not enforced based on some of the comments. I view this not as an effort to accommodate but as a weakness. In reading the recreation news I noticed that in order to participate in exercise activities at SP a person must have a signed waiver to participate in organized water activities. Though I am not a lawyer I imagine this is to address any problem with liability (we are older and sometimes exertion can be a problem). Would not the issue of liability apply to any of these 'organized' activities at the neighborhood pools since they are not sanctioned by TV and since they seem not to be interested in managing activities on TV property?
Old 10-18-2014, 01:27 PM

Enough already!! I can't believe 16 pages on this subject??? Go for a swim and COOL OFF!!:
Old 10-18-2014, 04:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old moe View Post
Enough already!! I can't believe 16 pages on this subject??? Go for a swim and COOL OFF!!:
Old 10-18-2014, 04:42 PM
Gold member

One day this pool situation will turn to a physical confrontation and maybe someone will be hurt. It's not up to villagers to 'self police' to enforce the rules. A rule broken,ceases to be a rule.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibet View Post
I am new to TV and have occasionally used my neighborhood pool. I prefer the early hours when few folks are present. Those who are do their own brand of exercise, use their own water weights and take up little space. I have heard about this issue and some of my new friends at my NP have said they are very much upset by it and should it happen at out NP they would put up a fight. I have also been told that in one case it is suspected that the 'instructor' receives payment. In another instance I have been told (second hand) that there has been some physical contact. This is really distressing and give TV a bad name, which I hope does not spread. I noticed that at the pools there is a large sign displaying pool rules which indicates activity, equipment and permitted occupancy. No more than 52 people are permitted in a pool at on time though I do not know how this is enforced. It sounds as if it is not enforced based on some of the comments. I view this not as an effort to accommodate but as a weakness. In reading the recreation news I noticed that in order to participate in exercise activities at SP a person must have a signed waiver to participate in organized water activities. Though I am not a lawyer I imagine this is to address any problem with liability (we are older and sometimes exertion can be a problem). Would not the issue of liability apply to any of these 'organized' activities at the neighborhood pools since they are not sanctioned by TV and since they seem not to be interested in managing activities on TV property?
You just may have hit upon the one thing that would get the Developer's/Rec Department's attention--liability.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.