Water Dept and meter calls

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2022, 10:38 AM
Default Water Dept and meter calls

Saw a meter guy from Jacobs out in my meter box. He was talking to my neighbor so I went out and the meter guy was explaining to my neighbor that the meter was fine. My neighbor said it can't be because he used a lot of water. The meter guy and I went into my neighbors garage to run his sprinklers and he had 2 big leaks. The meter guy told me after that they get calls all the time for nothing. A lot of times it is important but more times the owner doesn't want to do anything and thinks it's the meter...I guess that's why our water cost is so high...people call for nothing because the service is free but it isn't free we will get an increase I'm sure
Old 05-20-2022, 05:01 AM

You make a very good point. I went over to a friend of a friends home to repair a sprinkler head last week and as I walked around looking for it I thought I found it on the property line and repaired it. Come to find out it was their neighbors in the back yard. Long story short they both had broken sprinkler heads. Absolutly, check your sprinkler heads at least one time a month.
Old 05-20-2022, 07:42 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Need to check sprinklers weekly. One gusher can be costly.only knew because it was hitting the gutter at 5am waking me up
Closed Thread

Tags
meter, guy, water, neighbor, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.