Water Filter Worth Purchasing!

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-18-2015, 03:25 PM
2BNTV's Avatar
2BNTV 2BNTV is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,696
Thanks: 1
Thanked 114 Times in 46 Posts
Default Water Filter Worth Purchasing!

As everyone knows that when you first move here, you are inundated with water filtration company calls trying to sell system that may cost a lot of money. Sticking with the tried and true method of asking people I trust for referrals, I was referred to "Jimbo2012", for the Nova Water Filtration system.

I was using mostly tap water that had an after-taste, that left a lot to be desired. I decided to buy the water filtration system that Jimbo sells, and installs.

Jimbo installed the system, and he did an excellent job. It is installed in the garage with the incoming water line, so there is no bulky apparatus by the sink. Actually, all of the water coming into the house is filtered.

Now my guest don't ask for bottled water as the tap water is filtered and taste great.

I highly recommend this system and the excellent job that Jimbo performed. You can always PM him, on this forum.

Taste great and is less filing!!!
__________________
"It doesn't cost "nuttin", to be nice". MOM

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
  #2  
Old 02-18-2015, 04:16 PM
pooh's Avatar
pooh pooh is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MA, CA, TV
Posts: 6,108
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I agree, too....the water is great now.
  #3  
Old 02-18-2015, 08:19 PM
kcrazorbackfan's Avatar
kcrazorbackfan kcrazorbackfan is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 3,035
Thanks: 136
Thanked 1,017 Times in 310 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
As everyone knows that when you first move here, you are inundated with water filtration company calls trying to sell system that may cost a lot of money. Sticking with the tried and true method of asking people I trust for referrals, I was referred to "Jimbo2012", for the Nova Water Filtration system.

I was using mostly tap water that had an after-taste, that left a lot to be desired. I decided to buy the water filtration system that Jimbo sells, and installs.

Jimbo installed the system, and he did an excellent job. It is installed in the garage with the incoming water line, so there is no bulky apparatus by the sink. Actually, all of the water coming into the house is filtered.

Now my guest don't ask for bottled water as the tap water is filtered and taste great.

I highly recommend this system and the excellent job that Jimbo performed. You can always PM him, on this forum.

Taste great and is less filing!!!
That was the company I put in my favorites bar to call when we get there full time; good to hear another good review. Thanks.
__________________
For each of us, life is a journey. Where has your life taken you? Your entire life leads to the next step, the chance to define yourself by where you're headed, instead of where you stand. Today is the day you introduce yourself to your destiny.
  #4  
Old 02-18-2015, 08:50 PM
kellyjam's Avatar
kellyjam kellyjam is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 473
Thanks: 10
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Bob did my home yesterday. Nice to be able to drink from any of the faucets. Great guy as well as serving as President of the Long Island Club.
__________________
The Bronx/Stamford CT/New City NY/Coral Springs FL/Hampton Bays L.I./Pinellas Island.
  #5  
Old 02-18-2015, 10:42 PM
cmfjr cmfjr is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 190
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 1 Post
Default

I had the Nova system installed last year and can say it is the best addition I made to the home. Water taste great, no scale in the shower, less detergent used and the filters last a long time w/o replacing them. The unit has a pressure gauge where the water enters the filters and there is another gauge after the filters. This way you do not have to guess as to when to change the filters. Once the pressure drops by 10 or more pounds at the second gauge, it's time to replace them. We haven't had to change them yet but will get them from Bob when the time comes!
  #6  
Old 02-19-2015, 12:39 AM
Dancing Queen's Avatar
Dancing Queen Dancing Queen is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IN, OH, Ormond By the Sea FL, NC, The Villages
Posts: 255
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Love our Nova installed last year. No more smelly, icky tasting water in the house.
Dollar for dollar the Best deal we found. We tried it at a friends home first and were convinced this was the best way to go.
  #7  
Old 02-19-2015, 08:23 AM
Bay Kid's Avatar
Bay Kid Bay Kid is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Posts: 3,722
Thanks: 685
Thanked 1,600 Times in 648 Posts
Default

Jim will be at my home in 40 minutes for an install! Can't wait.
  #8  
Old 02-19-2015, 08:56 AM
GinTom GinTom is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

so who is this company? Do they have a web site?
  #9  
Old 02-19-2015, 10:03 AM
Mikeod's Avatar
Mikeod Mikeod is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Caroline
Posts: 5,021
Thanks: 0
Thanked 48 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinTom View Post
so who is this company? Do they have a web site?
Nova Filtration. They're a sponsor and have an ad on TOTV.
__________________
"the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
  #10  
Old 02-20-2015, 07:38 AM
jimbo2012's Avatar
jimbo2012 jimbo2012 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: LI, NY >Fernandina South
Posts: 7,180
Thanks: 67
Thanked 105 Times in 63 Posts
Lightbulb

Thanks to all my satisfied clients for the endorsements, it means a lot.

Gin Tom, yes there is a website

Services

just call if you wish 631----338---1048

see thread here also http://www.talkofthevillages.com/for...rations-68945/
  #11  
Old 02-20-2015, 08:23 AM
Abby10 Abby10 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,438
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
That was the company I put in my favorites bar to call when we get there full time; good to hear another good review. Thanks.
Yes, kc, at the top of my list too. Have heard wonderful things about this system for some time now on this forum.
  #12  
Old 02-20-2015, 08:25 AM
Abby10 Abby10 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,438
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Thanks to all my satisfied clients for the endorsements, it means a lot.

Gin Tom, yes there is a website

Services

just call if you wish 631----338---1048

see thread here also http://www.talkofthevillages.com/for...rations-68945/
We will probably be down sometime in July - will you be making appointments during the summer months, Bob? If I remember correctly, last summer you were not, that's why I'm asking. Would love to get a system put in while we're there.
  #13  
Old 02-20-2015, 08:43 AM
Bay Kid's Avatar
Bay Kid Bay Kid is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Posts: 3,722
Thanks: 685
Thanked 1,600 Times in 648 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Thanks to all my satisfied clients for the endorsements, it means a lot.

Gin Tom, yes there is a website

Services

just call if you wish 631----338---1048

see thread here also http://www.talkofthevillages.com/for...rations-68945/
Hey Jim, give me a call. 804-435-0773
Nelson
  #14  
Old 02-20-2015, 09:03 AM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 7,736
Thanks: 489
Thanked 4,741 Times in 1,806 Posts
Default

For what it's worth, I went a different route............I went with a Pelican whole house filtration system. Love it. For those who want to, worth investigating.
  #15  
Old 02-20-2015, 01:38 PM
Advogado Advogado is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,024
Thanks: 59
Thanked 670 Times in 222 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Queen View Post
Love our Nova installed last year. No more smelly, icky tasting water in the house.
Dollar for dollar the Best deal we found. We tried it at a friends home first and were convinced this was the best way to go.
xyz

Last edited by Advogado; 02-20-2015 at 02:03 PM. Reason: delete
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.