Water Filter Worth Purchasing!

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2015, 08:02 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Sure check it out but the carbon is not the same type, the sediment filters are not the same.

As many have stated here on the forum the Nova Triple works very well at $495
Old 02-21-2015, 08:03 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
We will probably be down sometime in July - will you be making appointments during the summer months, Bob? If I remember correctly, last summer you were not, that's why I'm asking. Would love to get a system put in while we're there.
Should be here most of the time, not an issue
Old 02-21-2015, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova Filtration View Post
Should be here most of the time, not an issue
Great! Will give you a call in advance to set up a time once we settle on the dates that we'll be there.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:55 AM
Veteran member

We are very happy with Bob's filters.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:05 AM
Gold member

The NOVA whole house system is one of the best purchases we have made and definitely the most used! No more smelly water and the now filtered water taste great right out of the tap. We only keep bottled water for emergencies.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:15 PM

I have ECO water system pluse Reverse Osmosis for almost six years and it was the best money I spent,never have to buy water for drinking.Ihave use a guy name Tucker great service.If anyone needs to call just ask for Tucker
Old 02-23-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
As everyone knows that when you first move here, you are inundated with water filtration company calls trying to sell system that may cost a lot of money. Sticking with the tried and true method of asking people I trust for referrals, I was referred to "Jimbo2012", for the Nova Water Filtration system.

I was using mostly tap water that had an after-taste, that left a lot to be desired. I decided to buy the water filtration system that Jimbo sells, and installs.

Jimbo installed the system, and he did an excellent job. It is installed in the garage with the incoming water line, so there is no bulky apparatus by the sink. Actually, all of the water coming into the house is filtered.

Now my guest don't ask for bottled water as the tap water is filtered and taste great.

I highly recommend this system and the excellent job that Jimbo performed. You can always PM him, on this forum.

Taste great and is less filing!!!
I completely agree. The Nova Filter is the most cost effective solution I found. Our previous Villages home had water softener/filter in garage, and reverse osmosis under kitchen sink. It worked very well, but at a much higher cost. Jim's system is the best bang for my buck. And his followup service, if ever needed, is admirable.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:35 AM

I am in MN but retiring to TV, Do people have water softeners down there or need them ?
Old 02-25-2015, 11:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Many people have water softeners as the water is hard at about 12 grains per gallon measured at my house. It is really a personal choice as to whether you like soft water. The chlorine level is also high and the water is funky tasting to me but that is also a matter of personal choice. A carbon filter will remove the chlorine. I suggest you see whether you like the water and if not do a little research. The water is safe to use. Good luck with the move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekcormn View Post
I am in MN but retiring to TV, Do people have water softeners down there or need them ?
Old 02-25-2015, 12:17 PM
Sage

the water is not that hard it measures 10.5 all over the villages.

The water as it is is not safe by true water quality standards.

Do a search here for Nova, you will read the results of many satisfied owners
Old 02-25-2015, 12:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Please quote the EPA water quality standards that state that the water in The Villages is not safe to drink. While the EPA is not perfect at least they have science behind their standards.

The hardness at my house is 12 grains per gallon based on a titration test, your results could be different. Regardless, anything over 10 grains per gallon is considered hard to very hard. Many people prefer soft water and it's benefits. It is, as I stated, a personal preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
the water is not that hard it measures 10.5 all over the villages.

The water as it is is not safe by true water quality standards.

Do a search here for Nova, you will read the results of many satisfied owners
Old 02-25-2015, 01:22 PM
Gold member

We had our system installed last week and the difference in the water is remarkable for drinking, washing and also in the dishwasher.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
We had our system installed last week and the difference in the water is remarkable for drinking, washing and also in the dishwasher.
Thanks for taking the time to comment
Old 02-25-2015, 05:08 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

The water may be safe but there is something in it I am allergic to. When we close on our house I will have to get a filtration system and hope what is bothering me will be filtered out. Every morning after I shower my eyes water for hours. If I wear swim goggles they don't so I have concluded there is something in the water bothering my eyes. If the filter doesn't do the trick I will be SOL.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post

You will also find cleaning your baths, shower, sinks, etc to be much easier since scale buildup is minimized.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.