Water issue in the villages

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2013, 06:01 PM
Default Water issue in the villages

Question? What is the issue with the pottable water in the villages? We are hearing from venders that the water is bad for you. Yes there is a taste and it takes some getting use to.
What have others experienced............
Old 03-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We have decided NOT to have any water softeners or filtration systems.

Many people disagree. Many people had them back at the home they moved from and want them here.

BE VERY WARY of folks selling you water systems.

Type in water softeners above in "search" and read what others had to say.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Sage

There isn't any problem with the water here. I do have a water softener only because I had one in CA. The taste from the tap isn't one I enjoy, but water that comes through the fridge filter tastes good, at least to me. Ignore sales pitches, get a filtration or softener system only if you want to.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

the guys who are telling you the water is bad have only one objective to sell you something you absolutely do not need. If they are soliciting you....think about it.

The water company will gladly send you an analysis of the water coming to your home.

Yes it is hard and to some there is a taste (not all) but not "bad" water.

btk
Old 03-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Veteran member

The water here isn't bad..it is a bit on the hard side. It varies around the area. Our water in Stonecrest is hard as a brick and so we have a softener on-line, yet in other areas it's softer. But as far as the water being "bad" or "unhealthy" that's just manure being shoveled by the water treatment sales people.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Sage

The water in The Villages is hard water - has lots of minerals in it - but it is not harmful.

One of my friends had a water purifier company do a "free test" on the water in his new house. The company salesman took a test tube of the faucet water, added some brown dye to it, and said it was unfit to drink. My friend showed him the door.

Lots of residents do go to Home Depot or Lowe's to buy a water softner. Lowe's gives a 10% discount to any veteran with proof of being a veteran.

I was just in rural NE Iowa last week and their faucet water is so bad it actually has some sort of particulate floating in it. We bought bottled water while there. I was VERY happy to return to The Villages. That was a LONG 3 days in Iowa.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Lowe's gives a 10% discount to any veteran with proof of being a veteran.
Anyone can get a 10% discount at Lowes by asking for the 10% customer satisfaction discount at checkout.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.