Water Oak Community

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Gold member
Default Water Oak Community

A co-worker of mine is interested in moving to The Villages area. Although she would love to be a resident of TV, she admits that this is probably not in the cards. She has asked me to inquire if anyone on this forum is familiar with nearby Water Oak or a community such as that. Can you help with this? Thank you and I will pass on all info to her.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Default Re: Water Oak Community

Here is the link to the one I have heard of..
Hope this helps you!!
:dontknow:
http://www.wateroakcountryclub.com/

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 10-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Gold member

Thank you Donna for the website. As it turns out, she is here at my home right now and informed me that she has viewed the website already but she appreciates that you've taken the time to respond.

She's actually looking for any information that someone in TV area may have who actually visited Water Oak or knows someone who lives there. Thanks, again.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Sage

I assume that not in the cards means a financial decision?

The villages web site currently lists 90 listings that are below 150K.

Many as low as 65K.

Looking at the Water Oaks web site it looks like most of theirs are around 100K.

My choice would be a little less house in TV but a lot more fun!
Old 10-19-2007, 04:41 AM
Veteran member

I have a friend that lives in Water Oaks. When I was down at TV in August we went to there home. They love it! If you would like I can put your friend intouch with her. One thing they liked were the low taxes. Just bought a sticker for the front of their home. Has a nice clubhouse and pool. Lots of large shade trees. It is gated. They put our name on a list and we had to stop at the gate to be let in.

Becky
Old 10-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Send a message via AIM to smalldog

One issue I didn't see discussed is that these are manufactured homes as opposed to site built( perhaps a home insurance matter)on the other hand not as busy and crowded as TV ............ and perhaps their siding is properly installed ......... also need to check their deed restrictions
Old 10-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Gold member

Thank you to everyone who replied with comments and information regarding Water Oak. I have shared all of it with my friend and she is very grateful.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:03 PM

If your friend is a golfer she may be disappointed. I played their course twice and both times it was very crowded and in very rough shape. No comparison to TV courses. The community seems quite friendly and the clubhouse was very lively after golf.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Gold member

Mike1472
Thank you for your observation and advice. I doubt that she will ever take up the sport of golf, but I'll pass that information along to her for her consideration. She's primarily looking for social activities within her community but wishes to be in close proximity to The Villages. She gets a real kick out of sitting and watching the line-dancers in Town Square. If Water Oak has some good social networking activities, I believe she would be interested. I'll call her now with your comments. Many thanks for your kindness.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Send a message via MSN to funnygirl

Hi,
I looked into Water Oak for my Dad a few months ago. I looked at the models and found they also had some very nice resales for way under 100K. I think some of the resales were around 60k. Seems like a very nice community and the clubhouse restaurant serves some fantastic soup... I think a differant one each day of the week. I'm still trying to get Dad to move from Wisconsin; but, He still prefers the land of Ice and Snow.
My Hubbie and I moved to TV from the San Francisco Bay Area in 03 and Love it here.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Gold member

Hello funnygirl,
I'm sure that she will appreciate knowing that there are some nice resales as low as 60k. Although she is amazed at all the social activities that The Villages offer, she believes that the expenses are a little too high for her comfort level. Water Oak may provide her with the social networking she's seeking and still allow her access to TV's town square. A really sweet lady on a very limited budget; she expects to paying a visit shortly to the area.

Hope you can eventually convince your Dad to relocate. It would be nice having him so close, I'm sure.......thanks for the info on Water Oak.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.