Water odor

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2015, 04:17 PM
Default Water odor

Hi our house is 15 months old and lately there has been a strong sulphur odor coming from one of the master bathroom sinks and the laundry room. We do have a whole house water softener system. Strange it is only coming from those faucets. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 01-18-2015, 04:24 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

I get the same thing in one of my master baths sinks. We thought it was the water also but I believe it is actually coming from the drain. I use the sink all the time but if I don't run the water for 8 hours or so, I can smell it. I usually pour a combination of Clorox and water down the drain and don't run the water for an hour and usually it takes care of it for about 3 weeks or more. Give it a try.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:28 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue View Post
Hi our house is 15 months old and lately there has been a strong sulphur odor coming from one of the master bathroom sinks and the laundry room. We do have a whole house water softener system. Strange it is only coming from those faucets. Any ideas? Thanks!
Had the same problem a few years ago. We tried drain cleaners. We removed the traps and scoured them. Nothing worked. Then for no apparent reason the odor disappeared. I think somehow sewer gases were backing up but have no idea what corrected it.
I don't believe it is the water. If it were the water the odor would be evident in all sinks, showers, washing machine and tubs.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:23 PM

Thanks for the info. I did put bleach down all the drains. Let sit overnight and the odor is gone! Yay!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.