first visit

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2007, 02:40 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to kregski
Default first visit

Will be in TV on nov. 11 Think I should rent a golf car or just drive? where should I eat? Drink? Be merry? KREGSKI
Old 10-25-2007, 05:15 AM
Default Re: first visit

To best experience this wonderful life style you'll need a golf cart. ;D There are a lot of good places to eat on both town squares and at the Country Clubs. Our favorite place is Nancy Lopez's, but it is a little more expensive. There are also lots of places to drink and be merry. Happy hours everywhere. :beer2: TV is a very alcohol friendly place. :bigthumbsup: Have a great visit. We'll look for you guys on the golf courses and the dance floor at the squares. :hot:
Old 10-25-2007, 05:24 AM

I vote for golf cart too!! The only way to travel. Invest in TV map so you can get around. Nancy Lopez's is great but like you were told a little pricey. Try it anyway. Toojays is real good. We love their french onion soup.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to kregski

Thanks for the info. Guess im getting a cart. Is it easy to find a cart rental place? As for the cost of food, I think the lifestyle preview comes with a free dinner so Nancy Lopez it is. See you in November.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Sage

From a previous post on the topic:

For the rental or purchase of a used golf cart I would call Jim Followell at cell 317-258-1241 or home 352-259-7525. He rents carts that go faster than the ones The Villages rents and his all have side curtains also which The Villages carts don't have. He also has 4 seat carts. Good person to work with.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Gold member

Check out this site for the places to eat!!!!!!!!!!!! The Villages Gourmet Club covers all the places to eat in the area.

http://home.comcast.net/~thevillages...lub/page1.html
Old 10-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Veteran member

You will love the Lifestyle Preview. Take the Trolley tour as soon as you can. It takes you all over TV and you can go back and check things out on your own (in the golf cart!!)

Have fun!
Village of Hemmingway
Old 10-28-2007, 03:38 AM

I hope you are staying more than one day as there is so much to see and consider. Get the new CD from The Villages and prepare to be overwhelmed with activities (over a 1000 per week). We have checked most of FL. and Arizona, and nothing else exists on this grand of a scale. Buy the Daily Sun newspaper for info on property, food and entertainment. Carts are fun, but rather slow to cover a place as large as TV in a day. Come on down, it's always a beautiful day in The Villages.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:01 AM
Sage

Hi Kregski,

You must rent a golf cart, its the only way to get the feel of the villages. I think half the fun of being in the villages is riding around in a golf cart. I just called the villages golf cart rental today and it is 90.00 for one week.

Also there is a greek resteraunt (I think) in the walmart plaza (same side as the historic section) . Its called Taki's and we found the food to be so good and VERY inexpensive!hOPE YOU HAVE A BALL WHILE IN TV. Arent you the couple with the son that works in Chicago?

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Rent A Cart And Ask Questions

Rent a cart and as you encounter people, don't hesitate to introduce yourself and ask questions. Try the following for starters...
  • Do you own a house or villa here?
  • How long have you lived here?
  • What do you like best about The Villages?
  • Is there anything you don't like about living here?
I predict you'll get a long list on the third question, with a lot of variety in the answers. But I'd also guess that most people you talk to will have a tough time with the fourth question.

Have fun and get out there among us!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.