Water Plant Malfunction

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2019, 11:15 AM
Default Water Plant Malfunction

I noticed this morning that the good news newspaper did not post the water problem south of 466A on page one or even page one of the local section. No, the paper chose to place the small article at the bottom of page 4. Go figure. I guess having a water problem is not something they want to promote.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Well, once again, buying and reading the paper is optional.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:32 PM

All I’m saying is that a local newspaper has an obligation to it’s residents to report an alert the county deems important. One would think it would/should be more important than a small blurb on page 4. Has nothing to do with subscription ops not.

Last edited by MrGolf; 07-22-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:53 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
All I’m saying is that a local newspaper has an obligation to it’s residence to report an alert the county deems important. One would think it would/should be more important than a small blurb on page 4. Has nothing to do with subscription ops not.
Yes, worthy of at least a small front page article or Local News. ESPECIALLY with the 'Boil Notice'. THAT"S NEWS. Truly shame on the editor... Yes we subscribe and enjoy the paper.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

What makes knowing there was a water plant malfunction yesterday important? What will I or anybody do different having read a big announcement on Page 1?
Old 07-22-2019, 01:23 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What makes knowing there was a water plant malfunction yesterday important? What will I or anybody do different having read a big announcement on Page 1?
..read post#4 right above yours. period.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:30 PM
Location: New Hampshire, now Heathrow on Lake Deaton Preserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Well, once again, buying and reading the paper is optional.
The point is that the issue is SERIOUS for all water-related purposes: washing hands, brushing teeth, personal hygiene, as well as cooking and consuming.

I believe that the poster is suggesting that it is the paper's civic duty to inform their readers who may be affected by this issue by placing a significantly larger notice in a more prominent area of the paper. Since the editors felt that it was important enough to post the info, why place it where their subscribers/readers could easily miss it?
Old 07-22-2019, 01:35 PM
Location: New Hampshire, now Heathrow on Lake Deaton Preserve.

Quote:
It is important to know that there was a malfunction because the advisory by the Sumter gov district was to BOIL water before using it for any purpose in district 9, 10, and Brownwood. That's what you would do differently if you lived in an area that was impacted.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default It happens frequently. Has happened here there and everywhere.

boil water notices in Florida by county in July 2019 - Bing

And didn't I hear that just a pumping station went out and it was switched to another in about two hours?
Old 07-22-2019, 01:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Yes, worthy of at least a small front page article or Local News. ESPECIALLY with the 'Boil Notice'. THAT"S NEWS. Truly shame on the editor... Yes we subscribe and enjoy the paper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
..read post#4 right above yours. period.
You have taken the time to post here twice on the subject. I would like to respectfully ask you if you took the time to sign up for the District emails that go out when there is a "Boil Water Notice"? They also email you again with an "All Clear Notice".

The Alert was issued on a SUNDAY EVENING..... I don't know for a fact but would be willing to place a small wager that the FRONT PAGE was all made out by then.

With the "Daily Sun" that I subscribe too the difference from reading page 1 and page 4 is about 2 minutes. No big deal.

I would post the link to sign up for District Notices of all types..... but nobody opens them and I'm tired of doing it. Finding it is not difficult and IMHO everyone should. We have a bigger responsibility to protect ourselves then the "Daily Sun" does to protect us.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikearoni View Post
The point is that the issue is SERIOUS for all water-related purposes: washing hands, brushing teeth, personal hygiene, as well as cooking and consuming.

I believe that the poster is suggesting that it is the paper's civic duty to inform their readers who may be affected by this issue by placing a significantly larger notice in a more prominent area of the paper. Since the editors felt that it was important enough to post the info, why place it where their subscribers/readers could easily miss it?
I have been compiling a list of things Villagers want to be in charge of. I was thinking I had it all covered....... and you come up with Font size and page layout in the "Daily Sun". I'm beginning to think my job will never be done.

Last edited by CWGUY; 07-22-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikearoni View Post
It is important to know that there was a malfunction because the advisory by the Sumter gov district was to BOIL water before using it for any purpose in district 9, 10, and Brownwood. That's what you would do differently if you lived in an area that was impacted.
I would have heard about it yesterday, just sayin.....
in fact I did.
Kinda late to read about the next day.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
I would have heard about it yesterday, just sayin.....
in fact I did.
Kinda late to read about the next day.
Not mine and not yours but can you imagine how many bathroom mirrors were covered in toothpaste this morning as people read the "Daily Sun" aloud to their significant others?

Should have signed up for notices from the District
Old 07-22-2019, 03:55 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

I didn't hear about the boil water till today. I've been drinking the water, brushing my teeth and showering. I'm not sick yet.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,012 Times in 1,739 Posts

Didn’t they say it was slow acting? Just wait til tomorrow...
(Bad, Velvet, bad girl!)
Closed Thread

Tags
page, water, problem, article, small

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.