Water purification system

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2016, 09:41 PM

Why not wait and see if you adapt to the unfiltered water? Lots of pressure to buy early in your first days here. The Villages water is probably purer than 99% of the world's supply. We are in our 16th year of drinking straight from the tap. Not a problem.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:51 AM

Nova Filtration!!!!!
Old 10-14-2016, 05:00 PM
Default Yuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by baustgen View Post
Why not wait and see if you adapt to the unfiltered water? Lots of pressure to buy early in your first days here. The Villages water is probably purer than 99% of the world's supply. We are in our 16th year of drinking straight from the tap. Not a problem.
We've been here over a year, and there is no "adapting" to the smell/taste of chlorine. We currently rely on a Brita-type pitcher for water and have a number of filters left to use. We also have fridge filters for our ice cubes. Expensive booze doesn't taste good with chlorine-laced cubes!

I am more interested to learn of the by-products of chlorination being carcinogenic. I'd had a hunch that was the case. I will be contacting NOVA shortly.

Thanks to everyone for your helpful responses to my initial inquiry.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:24 AM
Default Water Filters

We had a plumber install a whole house Whirlpool filter that cost less than $500 all in .... cleans up everything and back washes itself every few days. It sits in the garage and is amazing. What a relief.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:41 AM

We had the Nova system installed two weeks ago. We were accustomed to using a water softener in Indiana due to the hardness of the well water. Here our only complaint was the chemical taste of the water. Since the Nova system was installed, the water and ice cubes have no taste whatsoever.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baustgen View Post
Im with you. I guess if you moved from a house which had well water, you might notice a difference. As far as chlorine taste/smell, I sure as heck don't notice it.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:09 AM
Sage

I have a GE whole house filter and an electronic descaler--works great -have never had to change the water filter in our refrigerator--no smell, water tastes great- no discoloring in any appliances-change the filter every 6 months--had it installed by CPM 4 years ago
Old 10-17-2016, 07:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Im with you. I guess if you moved from a house which had well water, you might notice a difference. As far as chlorine taste/smell, I sure as heck don't notice it.
Different people have different sensitivity to to taste & odor, just look at your annual report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
have never had to change the water filter in our refrigerator--
All carbon starts to grow bacteria in about 18 months that is not safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcooper70 View Post
cleans up everything and back washes itself every few days.
Carbon cannot be back washed the things it traps are microscopic inside the pores of the carbon.

THat's why they are replaced

Old 10-17-2016, 07:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opmoochler View Post
TOTV is an invaluable source of useful information and helpful (or not) opinions. I just sat through a very high pressure sales pitch for a Clear Choice Water Purification system and couldn't help but think back many years to a Kirby vacuum presentation I suffered through. Because I'm not wild about the taste of chlorinated water, I have a Brita-type pitcher we fill from the kitchen sink, and we have the GE fridge filter for icecubes. If I am to believe the hocus pocus presentation, our current methods are wothless. For 30 years in Annapolis, we were on fabulous tasting, but very hard, well water, which we had to soften in order to preserve the plumbing/appliances. Since we moved here, I've followed with interest the comments about the NOVA system. At this point, I'm curious about the pros and cons of either. There are apparently 4000+ happy Clear Choice customers in TV (not an overwhelming number, considering the total population). Why should I buy either system, or shouldn't I bother to buy either?
We have a PUR Filter Pitcher that I use to filter the Chlorine out of the Villages water. Personally I can't stand the smell of the strong Chlorine. We came from Ohio & about all the dentist that I've ever gone to out of state will say to me, "You must be from the mid west" because my teeth & everyone else's he saw had good teeth. Just my opinion, & I know a lot of people will think they have the best water where they come from, but I think the Villages water is terrible & all of the chlorine in the water can't be to healthy for you over time. But I guess I never heard of anybody dying from drinking it. Yes, you need some kind of filtering system. Good article!
Old 10-17-2016, 08:14 AM
Veteran member

Another vote for Nova. We love our whole house filtration system

Old 10-17-2016, 08:36 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Descaler, I've seen mentioned here their use so a bit of background.

I've worked on homes here 20+ years of age, never saw any scale (calcium) build up at all.

A descaler works on the principle of magnets suspended the calcium so it doesn't adhere to walls of pipes, even if working correctly and there's no real way to know that.
The calcium is free floating so you still have it in the water, it doesn't remove it.

In the water filtration industry it is controversial.

If you want it removed the softener is the solution, but there is no heath risks of calcium and or hard water.

We do install a high capacity water softeners for those that want them at at only $995.

Ps: there are heath risks of chlorine and the byproducts of it's use in water disinfection.

Old 10-17-2016, 03:57 PM
Sage

I opted for Nova's deluxe model. It costs a little for, but it's well worth it! <wink> <wink>

The Villages Florida
Old 10-17-2016, 06:46 PM
Gold member

Nova installed our system Saturday and we have noticed such a difference all already - love it! Professional, great customer service and on time. Highly recommend Nova.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:57 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
I opted for Nova's deluxe model. It costs a little for, but it's well worth it! <wink> <wink>

The Villages Florida
That is very funny.....! And here I did not think that bob's Nova System could ever be improved....silly me!

Frank

Tags
system, water, clear, choice, presentation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.