Home Price Negotiations

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Default Home Price Negotiations

Hello All,

We are planning to come to The Villages later this year and fortunately, we are not burdened with a Northern home we must sell first, however, I am curious as to some real time recent experiences folks are having with home resales at The Villages.

All one reads about real estate these days, particularly i n Florida would indicate that prices should be rather soft, or at least negotiable.

I know the "Company Line" at The Villages is little or no haggling on price.

Just wondering what some personal experiences have been in recent months, resales primarily.

Thx.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Default Re: Home Price Negotiations

I have a home for sale in Water Oak Country Club Estates just south of the Villages. I'm negotiable! It's Gated & Secure with an 18 hole golf course + MANY amenities!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:45 AM

If you buy from a private owner, obviously there will be haggling. And, your closing costs will be negligible. The closing costs are quite high when you buy a new home. There are utility hookup fees, permit fees, environmental stuff. I estimate maybe $6000-$10000 higher than buy private,depending on the type of home you buy. You'd have to check - the Villages can give you the numbers. If we had to do it over, we'd look more seriously at private homes for sale. The cost of new landscaping for example is very high. The used homes will generally have all that done.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Veteran member

I have been told that designer homes are the best ones for negotiations. Met some folks at the pool last week who were buying and they said the price was cut by $20k and their closing costs were paid by the Villages. Since closing costs can start at $12k that alone is a great deal. If I were you, and if you are interested in a designer home, that might be an avenue for you.

Personally, we bought a courtyard villa and love it but we don't see any negotiations on prices for Villas. They are pretty well set.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:06 PM

Thanks for all the feedback!
Old 07-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by palerider
I have a home for sale in Water Oak Country Club Estates just south of the Villages. I'm negotiable! It's Gated & Secure with an 18 hole golf course + MANY amenities!
If your are listing the home yourself (for sale by owner) please list it free of charge in the Homes for sale by owner catagory here on Talk of The Villages. Hundreds of people will see the post. There are two there now that have been listed for less than a week and they have been viewed over 260 times. However if you are listed with an agent, please have the agent contact us for our advertising rates
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.