Water shut off to irrigation

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 05-29-2019, 06:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Default Water shut off to irrigation

Got a call from my neighbor that my lawn was turning brown. My home watch guy went to find out what was going on. I had Mr. Baumgardner inspect the system a month ago, all well. Found out someone had turned off my water? Lucky for good neighbors and my home watch guy!

Old 05-29-2019, 07:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I would monitor the water usage every month. A neighbor may turn off your irrigation water if there is a broken head, or if the system is operating for an excessive amount of time.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2019, 06:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I would monitor the water usage every month. A neighbor may turn off your irrigation water if there is a broken head, or if the system is operating for an excessive amount of time.
I spoke with the neighbors on both sides. They saw nothing. Very strange, but I'm sure there is an explanation.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:59 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Being you didn’t mention where or how the water was shutoff? Most houses are plumbed where the irrigation is plumbed after the meter and before the house shutoff so most houses the water should of still ran the irrigation. unless the water was shut off at the meter?
Old 06-05-2019, 07:07 PM

I recommend a water monitor, this way you will know within one day if the water has been shut off or if there is a leak. Leak detection takes 15 minutes. I know that today I watered exactly 1008.2 gallons for irrigation, for example.

I think neighbors are irreplaceable and home watch is fantastic. Up to the minute, precise monitoring eliminates the human error element. It is light-years ahead of watching your bill.

If you want details I can provide those. The cost was 185.00. I did the install myself no plumbing, it took about 10 minutes. It is cheaper than a new lawn, that is certain!

Last edited by Toymeister; 06-05-2019 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
I recommend a water monitor, this way you will know within one day if the water has been shut off or if there is a leak. Leak detection takes 15 minutes. I know that today I watered exactly 1008.2 gallons for irrigation, for example.

I think neighbors are irreplaceable and home watch is fantastic. Up to the minute, precise monitoring eliminates the human error element. It is light-years ahead of watching your bill.

If you want details I can provide those. The cost was 185.00. I did the install myself no plumbing, it took about 10 minutes. It is cheaper than a new lawn, that is certain!
That sounds great. Being away that would be peace of mind.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:

I would LOVE the details on that Toymeister
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 06-06-2019, 09:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

You're The Wizard of technology.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

PM'd you.

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 06-06-2019, 01:01 PM

In general there are two ways to measure and control water remotely, one way to control it alone and two to measure it.

I have had PMs on the last so that is what I am addressing.
Either you measure it with utrasound technology or at the meter by detection of movement of the magnet in the meter.

Tags
home, watch, guy, water, ago