Water softener or water filter system?

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2022, 07:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proveone View Post
You need both. The water softener protects your dishwasher, washing machine and toilets. A carbon inline filter provides safe drinking water. A Big Blue Carbon filter is not expensive to put in the water line before the water hits the water softener. Maybe an extra $200. Well worth the money in my opinion.
We get an annual report regarding our drinking water and our water is very safe for human consumption. No need for a filter if safety is a concern.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Yep. These are our filters after our last yearly replacements (Jan 2021) which reminds me we need to change them now. One of the NEW ones is obviously in the front.
Your bird is adorable!
Old 01-14-2022, 12:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
We get an annual report regarding our drinking water and our water is very safe for human consumption. No need for a filter if safety is a concern.
It's definitely SAFE because state or county or federal or whatever agencies test it every year so it must be good (sarcasm) but as "safe" as it is what's in it and removed by the filters is still pretty gross. That brown gunk gets in your food and plumbing and washer and dishwasher and the bottom of your water heater and in your drinking water ..... but no sweat, it IS safe to drink as the chlorine will kill anything and it tastes and smells great! No government agency would ever let anyone drink unsafe water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Your bird is adorable!
Thanks ... it's eyes light up at might.
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Closed Thread

Tags
water, softener, due, hard, indiana

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.