Water Sprinklers

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2020, 07:57 AM
Default Water Sprinklers

Are any available that only spray a small portion of the yard?

We have a couple that are spraying high and far.

thank you!
Old 09-26-2020, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

Short answer is yes. Long answer is you will need to talk to one of the people familiar with the type of sprinkler you currently have and get one with a smaller spray area. Try this take a very good (close up in focus) photo of the top of the existing sprinkler, and go to ACE hardware and tell them what you want. It may be as simple as changing out the top part of the sprinkler. If you cannot or do not want to do this yourself, there are several very competent sprinkler guys, I like Joe Tucker.
Old 09-26-2020, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,623 Times in 5,201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyBoy56 View Post

thank you!
The Hunter sprinkler heads are color coded, based on how far they spray. For example, I think the red ones spray 10 feet. They also have sprinklers that can be adjusted to spray anywhere from 0 to 360 degrees by removing the head and twisting it. And, there are heads that will spray in two directions to water a linear set of plants. You can buy the Hunter heads at ACE Hardware, but, it don't think they are available at Lowes or Home Depot.
Old 09-26-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:

thank you!
Yep. There are several brands, but most make 'fixed' heads that spray 90° or 180° as well as different types that are adjustable for up to 360°. All that I have used also have an adjustment screw that basically allows you to set the range.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Lowe’s, Home Depot, or Ace usually carries all brands. Look at one you got, write down the numbers and go shopping. Employee’s will guide you in the the right direction. Hopefully you have the type that has replaceable nozzles on the stem that pops up. If so you just pull them up lightly clamp vise grip on the stem to hold it up. And unscrew the noZzle and replace it the correct feet you want it to spray. If you have tube that can be adjusted you will have to unscrew the head and replace it. This pretty simple if you have general knowledge and ability. If not you’ll have to pay someone to correct the problem.
Old 09-27-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:

thank you!
Good Morning,
It is very easy to swap out an orignal rotor for a spray which is much more adjustable than an original rotor I've done hundrededs of these for folks around the Villages and would be happy to help, you just cover the cost of parts.

Let me know if I can help.

Bill
Closed Thread

Tags
water, high, spraying, couple, yard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.