Water Walk

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2017, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Water Walk

I have been advised to water walk. Does anyone do this and where would you suggest. I would prefer to know that I would be joining a group of walkers who would make me feel comfortable. I prefer a pool north of 466A.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-03-2017, 07:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Some water walk at the sports pools, don't let the lapp swimmers make you feel bad. It's your lane use it as you see fit
Old 03-03-2017, 10:22 AM

The SHYNE water class is excellent, and many ladies go early and water walk, or stay late, depending on the day. The class is at Seabreeze on Monday, and two other days at Lake Miona. You don't have to be fit to start ~ many folks use it as a beginners or a rehab class.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I have been advised to water walk. Does anyone do this and where would you suggest. I would prefer to know that I would be joining a group of walkers who would make me feel comfortable. I prefer a pool north of 466A.
Read the "Rec. News Insert" in the Daily Sun every Thurs. or there is a stack of them in the Rec. Centers for the people that hate the Daily Sun and won't pay (less than 20 cents) to be informed.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Read the "Rec. News Insert" in the Daily Sun every Thurs. or there is a stack of them in the Rec. Centers for the people that hate the Daily Sun and won't pay (less than 20 cents) to be informed.
I get the daily paper and the weekly Rec News Insert and I have gone through it for pools that allow water walking; but, the information I was looking for I got on here, suggesting which class and which pool. I have run into several people who say "Oh, don't go there etc. etc. etc." and I knew I would get a good honest opinion on here.

So, thank you all for replying. It looks like Miona is for me!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-03-2017, 01:13 PM
Gold member

Both Savannah and La Hacienda sports pools have plenty of water walking times. They are called combo swims. Usually a few lap lanes in for swimmers, the rest of the pool for walkers. The walkers do not walk in the lanes usually, they walk perpendicular to the swimmers. The same people tend to go at the same time, most are friendly and chat while walking. It just takes a few times til you get to start talking to people. Also at La Hacienda there are several extremely gentle water exercise classes that are good for starters, everyone goes at their own pace.
Try it, think you'll like, the water temperature is perfect......sometimes the air is a little chilly.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
Both Savannah and La Hacienda sports pools have plenty of water walking times. They are called combo swims. Usually a few lap lanes in for swimmers, the rest of the pool for walkers. The walkers do not walk in the lanes usually, they walk perpendicular to the swimmers. The same people tend to go at the same time, most are friendly and chat while walking. It just takes a few times til you get to start talking to people. Also at La Hacienda there are several extremely gentle water exercise classes that are good for starters, everyone goes at their own pace.
Try it, think you'll like, the water temperature is perfect......sometimes the air is a little chilly.
Again, just the information I was looking for, thank you. I did meet a walker who uses Savannah and she recommended that pool because the group is so pleasant. So now I have several choices.

Closed Thread

Tags
water, prefer, walk, walkers, group

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.