Are we following distancing rules?

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2020, 09:17 AM

Again this comes down to those who need to express their "freedom" in the public square not understanding that their actions could have serious consequences for another human being. Your exercise in "freedom" could harm those you have close contact with. What a very child like selfish demeanor for someone in their later years.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerlampert View Post
Went by the Sugar Cane pool, noticed that the gate was held open by the garbage can, approximately 20 people in and around the pool. No one wearing a mask. Signs clearly visible requiring mask wearing Inconsiderate people will ruin it for everyone.
Unless indoor shop requires a mask. It is suggested, recommended, not required. As long as you stay in your home you may be ok
Old 05-14-2020, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by devorejh View Post
First of all masks are useless, as many doctors have said. I emailed the recreation department about the use of masks at pools. When you’re checking in they ask you to wear one and if you’re going to interact with someone inside of 6 feet they ask you to wear one. You do not have to wear one when you’re in the water, but they would still like you to observe the 6 foot rule. I went to a pool yesterday, there were about 10 of us there and no one was wearing a mask because it would be ridiculous to do so. All of us were more than 6 feet apart from each other. If you don’t like what you see at the pools then stay home. When is this paranoia over a virus that you cannot hide from and that is 99% survivable going to go away? It’s just ridiculous!
Masks are useful for blocking droplets, even home made masks of cloth or paper towels and tissues. The virus needs droplets for mode of transmission from a person's nose or mouth. Droplets are spewed from the nose and mouth when breathing. Of course the droplets are propelled with more force when a person speaks, sneezes or coughs.

Have you seen this video which demonstrates how droplets are blocked by simple T-Shirt material? Take a look. This may change your mind as to how "useless" masks are.......

How a mask blocks droplets - YouTube
Old 05-14-2020, 02:37 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveZ View Post
Be careful who you play the fool with big boy. Vulnerable people are trying to protect themselves and their families from arse puppets that walk up to them in stores or demonstrate their meanness in golf carts. Bless their thoughtful hearts and watch that they don’t have someone not afraid of you nearby.
Play the Twilight Zone theme song.
Old 05-14-2020, 02:44 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveZ View Post
Your post quoted a prior post about a bully taking delight in walking up to people in stores to watch them run away. You opened with this line: “ Best example of this was earlier today, although I don't know if it funny or just pathetic.”. You also wondered if it was panic. Taken with the context and the theatrics you described that aren’t typical of someone prepared and walking on a path often filled with golf cars, I tried to answer your panic question for you . If you weren’t bullying by getting close with your cart, I sincerely apologize. I and more vulnerable people close to me wear PPE along the paths and in stores so I stand by my post as useful information. As to meanness, those posts stand for themselves.
It's called reading comprehension. I totally understood that he moved his cart over 8 or 9 feet to provide plenty of safe distance between his cart and the woman. Go back to the post and read it again real sloooowwwwww.
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, wearing, mask, people, signs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.