Are we getting too Lax about virus??

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2021, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
I know, isn't it funny how ignorant they are...well soon there will be less of them.
Still waiting for those "superspreader" effects?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-26-2021, 11:26 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
Noticed we had 72 new cases in TV yesterday 2/24/21. Perhaps too many thing are being opened back up like it is all over. Very few people at squares are wearing masks, and social distancing is a thing of the past.
I will not be sucked back, even though I have both vaccinations. I will wear a mask and social distance when I can. I will not eat indoor at restaurants, and I will not go to events that do not require CDC compliances.
I'll also wear a mask, but I wish the kitchen help wore masks.. reading about SARS containment in China enlightenment my social behavior! No Raw Doggin for this cowboy. I've had it once and prefer not to go thru that month of hell
Old 02-26-2021, 11:31 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts

You are Lucky ! Actually your boyfriend maybe one the Luckiest men here!
Old 02-26-2021, 11:34 AM

Do you wear a seat belt? Do you drive while intoxicated? Do you stop at red lights? Following those laws keep you safe and everyone else just like masks
Old 02-26-2021, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckbenjamin View Post
The vaccine does not equal immunity. It only increases the odds that if and when you contract C-19 you won't die from it. We're going to be wearing face diapers for years. If not C-19, it'll be something else.
Who told you that you can contract the virus after being inoculated? I have read several studies that not only do you have immunity (to existing and targeted virus) but that you will most likely not be able to transmit the infection to anyone else.
There is also a nasal spray being studied right now that has a 99.99% effective rate at destroying ANY virus that enters the nose.

Suit yourself, but I have no intention of wearing a mask other than in places that post a sign requiring a mask in order to shop there. Do not tell folks that they are receiving a shot to prevent them from catching the virus and then tell them that they can still catch it but they won't get very sick. Most of us in good health already have that ability.

Sorry, but like I said before, if you are too scared to venture forth into public without a hazmat suit, then stay home. The rest of us are not here to protect you. And I am not focusing this on any particular poster, but to anyone that wishes to live in fear of shadows.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

~~~
Old 02-26-2021, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Yes, that was my post. How did you find that? I don't even remember which thread I posted that in. It isn't this one because I just checked.

Getting back to the business at hand.........What I believe I said was we would not be in this mess of a pandemic if EVERYONE wore masks and ALWAYS distanced from others. I do not believe I said "we could have ended the virus in America". Those are your words, not mine.

I'm not that naive to think this virus would or could have been eradicated by universal masking and distancing. Having said that, I truly believe we in America would be in a much better place at this time having a much better outcome than we have so far with this pandemic if everyone had followed the CDC guidelines from the get go. That is water under the bridge now and the collective attitude of many Americans will not allow us to pull ourselves out of this dreadful mess me are in. All my opinion, of course.

In addition, IMHO, it is embarrassing for us on the world stage, as Americans, to have fared so poorly with managing this pandemic. I'm very thankful for the vaccines which will allow us to see some semblance of normalcy in the future. We could not have done it without those life saving vaccines.
Followed the CDC guidelines from the get go? You mean the flip flopping guidelines ie; Covid is not going to be an issue; people should not wear masks...from Fauci who is paid more than the President. Ok 😐
Old 02-26-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Do we have to wait until Covid is fully eradicated until we get back to Costco, Trader Joe's and dog poop threads ?? Every day it's the same thing over and over. Never thought I'd miss those topics so much. I guess it's good for TOTV advertising stats. Hey mods, how about a "Covid 24/7" forum section ?
I agree! There is a covid thread or a mask wearing thread almost every darn day. It's just rehashing the same opinions over and over again. Enough already!
Old 02-26-2021, 12:07 PM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Absolutely agree. We certainly don't deserve a trophy for the dismal standing we have in this global pandemic. IMHO, at the beginning of this pandemic it boils down to the lack of leadership and the total lack of good examples being set for the American people. I'm mad as hell about that!
Yep, INSANE to encourage the American people to disregard health warnings and instead, invite them to CHINATOWN!

If there would have been cooperation in the beginning rather than fighting the administration's efforts every step of the way we'd be much better off!
Old 02-26-2021, 12:13 PM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
History. The black plague in Europe, before people even knew about germs let alone viruses, killed half the people in Europe. We could spin that and say half the people survived.

So far the US has lost half a million people. We could spin that and say 345 million have survived.

I do not claim to have answers. I am thankful that it is way above my responsibility. For all of us, it is far easier to criticize what others have done or are doing than to find solutions to a problem.
And then there's vaccines - created for SARS and MERS, 10 years ago. Tested and then never used because?? SARS and MERS just went away..

10 years later, SARSv2 shows up = Covid. Tweak the vaccine to Covid and use it..
Old 02-26-2021, 12:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPGuar View Post
I agree! There is a covid thread or a mask wearing thread almost every darn day. It's just rehashing the same opinions over and over again. Enough already!
There are so many subjects to read on TOTV and yet there are those on here that can't seem to look away when it comes to any thread related to COVID and masks. Since I have a background in IT, I have learned how to move my mouse down the page, thus avoiding subjects I prefer to ignore. I realize that not everyone has my expertise and so their computers make decisions for them, just like our government. Those folks are forced to not only read every thread, every subject and every post, but also respond to them, even though they hate having those posts burned into their eyes. For the right price of my labor, I am here to assist those that wish to avoid "masks" or "COVID" threads.
For those that wonder...........yes I am being facetious.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
There are so many subjects to read on TOTV and yet there are those on here that can't seem to look away when it comes to any thread related to COVID and masks. Since I have a background in IT, I have learned how to move my mouse down the page, thus avoiding subjects I prefer to ignore. I realize that not everyone has my expertise and so their computers make decisions for them, just like our government. Those folks are forced to not only read every thread, every subject and every post, but also respond to them, even though they hate having those posts burned into their eyes. For the right price of my labor, I am here to assist those that wish to avoid "masks" or "COVID" threads.
For those that wonder...........yes I am being facetious.
There are those of us who feel it is necessary to inform the misinformed with reliable sources. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 02-26-2021, 01:31 PM
Default Probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
Noticed we had 72 new cases in TV yesterday 2/24/21. Perhaps too many thing are being opened back up like it is all over. Very few people at squares are wearing masks, and social distancing is a thing of the past.
I will not be sucked back, even though I have both vaccinations. I will wear a mask and social distance when I can. I will not eat indoor at restaurants, and I will not go to events that do not require CDC compliances.
Every time I go out I see less people wearing masks. I believe it's the folks that already have had both shots. At least I'd like to believe that, but either way it's sad they are not willing to protect the rest of us who haven't been able to get the vaccine yet.
Old 02-26-2021, 01:33 PM

By the way thanks for still wearing yours and staying 6 feet away from me.
Old 02-26-2021, 01:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
There are those of us who feel it is necessary to inform the misinformed with reliable sources. Nothing wrong with that.
Did you miss the term "facetious?"

Tags
back, thing, social, past, cdc

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.