WE JUST BOUGHT SITE UNSEEN.

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2007, 07:40 PM
Default Re: WE JUST BOUGHT SITE UNSEEN.

I'm so happy for you, Darby!! We looked in Duval back in June and it seems to be a nice location. It will probably be all filled up when we're ready to buy in December. That's great that you're all set!! Wishing you all the best in your new home!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:06 PM

DD - congrats! good luck! enjoy!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Platinum member

DD, I've been too busy lately at work to contribute to TOTV but now you've got the usual decisions to make about furniture shopping. Most people who have shopped for furniture I think would agree that Southern Lifestyles in TV is no more expensive than the other furniture stores in Ocala. Keep in mind if you haven't shopped Southern Lifestyles that the store in Spanish Springs has different furniture than LSL. They try for the most part not to duplicate the furniture on display. You'll also get a 5 percent discount at SL as a Village resident. Good luck, your enthusiasm is infectious.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:30 PM

Darby ---
Good talking with you today.............your Designer home sounds WONDERFUL. I'm so happy for you! :bigthumbsup:

Have a great visit to The Villages next week. It won't be long until you're a full-timer. I'm sure the Denver Broncos will miss you at all their home games but when we get there maybe we can cheer long distance with you.
Go Broncos
Old 08-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Golfnut
Great pic of the solar tube....unfortunatly my wife saw the pic. and now there goes more green fee money....
Old 08-31-2007, 09:06 PM
Gold member

Congrats!! DD :2cool:

I hope we will be making a similar post the middle of next month. Not sight unseen however. You are very adventurous and we are envious. Two born and bred Yankkes just can't get up the gumption to do it your way. No matter we will still be bona fide Villagers real soon.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:13 AM

Hey Guys!!!

Thanks for all your well wishes.

LOVE THE SOLAR TUBE!!! Golf nut- don't know what kind of doors or really anything much at this point. We have the 15 page contract that we signed that brakes down the details but I have to either go to law school or become a general contractor to read it!!!!

:edit: yes this is scary!! No one in there right mind would buy something this important "over the internet". But then, who said we were in our right minds!!! We knew the Jasmine inside and out because of previous visits to TV and always wished we could afford Cherry Wood cabinets, walk-in showers, block construction etc. And when we saw the Jasmine start to climb out of our price range .........well, we turned our attention to the Villas and Ranch's. And after all of the warm feelings a lot of you have for your Villas, I will never look at one the same again. That was our choice before we got "the call."

Yup, we will still be going down next Wednesday. And yup, we will be wearing our Bronco hats so that we can meet some of you wonderful people that I have gotten quite fond of over the Internet!! (Karen, thanks for the call- Loved talking to you...Sorry I was so rushed!)

Hey- Where's Kar Guy??????? Kar Guy...come out, come out where ever you are!!!!

I maybe off TOTV for a little bit----- Way to much to do but I certainly will be reading the posts if nothing else. (at least until we unhook the computer) Oh, by the way--we will be leaving Colorado on the 20th of September for good and taking our own sweet time driving down there! SO THERE!

GO BRONCOS!
Old 09-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Platinum member

So happy 4 U and BAMA. And anyone else that falls into that category.

Steve
Old 09-01-2007, 08:30 AM

Hey Darby, I am so glad that we will be neighbors. Looked on the map and you will be about 4 streets away. Our home is at 2768 Day Lily Run. If you get a chance go by and let me know how it looks, all we have is pictures. We will be down around the 24th of Sept. If you are there would love to come by and have a meet & greet.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyduff
Here I am talking about the Villas etc and all of a sudden our sales lady called us today...Gave us a good deal and we have a contract on a Designer Jasmine, site unseen and closed on our home at the same time. We are homeless and a bit nervous. Hey Kar Guy- We are neighbors--- Duval!!! Help me Rhonda!!!!

Want to share your deal?
Old 09-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Veteran member

So happy for you. Sadly, you will be a distance from us in Tall Trees but I do hope one day that we can all get together at Sumter Landing and meet in person. Now, from the view posted of the kitchen with the solar light, I don't think that living room was dark ever. I think if you stay away from a dark paint, it will remain nice and light and bright.

Haven't seen a Jasmine but I am sure you will LOVE it. Some of our friends are in Designers and they are lovely. I never thought to ask what model?????!!!!!!

Go bless and Happy Trails to YOU !!! :hot: :hot:
Old 09-01-2007, 01:07 PM

DD ... Welcome to the Village of Duval! You too, Bama, and all other new neighbors. I think you'll find you made a good choice with Duval. The people are great and I think the location is excellent. It's very convenient to the new Colony Plaza shopping area, Colony Cottage Regional Rec Center, the soon to open Truman Rec Center, Havana Golf Course, four executive courses, Leesburg, I-75, the turnpike, and, of course, all the new Villages expansion yet to come. Persimmon Loop and Day Lily Run are literally right around the corner. Since we moved here in March I watched all those new designer homes be built.

If I can assist in any way as you settle into the Villages lifestyle, give me a shout. I'd be glad to help. We have a Solatube (installed by The Solar Guys) if you'd like to see one. I also had them in our house in Wisconsin and think they're great!

By the way, Cayce looks forward to meeting her distant cousins Darby and Duffy! Have a safe trip next week. Look forward to meeting you.

And by the way ... Go Packers!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 07:28 PM

Hey Cheesehead....OOOOPS...I mean English Ivy.. (I meant that with respect, by the way) First things first...Darby and Duffy are not distant cousins..I have a Westie too and a Carin!!! They are practically brother and sisters.

I would love to come by and see the Solar!!! Wait till my husband sees the picture on here!! What a difference!!!

I know we will love Duval!!

Catch you later!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 12:36 AM

Welcome new Duval Villagers. I am the webmaster of the Village of Duval website. I need to correct the address from the earlier post though, it is http://villageofduval.googlepages.com . We are a great village, very friendly and have lots of fun together. When you get settled send me your email addresses so that I can add you to our directory and put you on our email list. The email address is villageofduval@gmail.com.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:22 AM

Hey DD ... I may be a cheesehead but I don't wear a cheesehead. At least you're not saying Go Vikings.

I know our dogs are relatives. I remember reading about Darby and Duffy in a previous post. I just figured they were cousins, at least with your Cairn.

Make sure you check out the Duval website Carla mentioned. It's got a lot of good info. Carla does a great job with it.

Have fun with all your packing. See you around Duval!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.