WE JUST BOUGHT SITE UNSEEN.

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2007, 07:37 AM
Default Re: WE JUST BOUGHT SITE UNSEEN.

carla - been browsing your site for a couple weeks already...good job!! have fun on the duval cruise!!!!by the time Iget down to TV duval will probably be complete!
Old 09-02-2007, 08:24 AM

DD.... I AM HERE. NOW TELL US GIRL, EXACTLY WHAT WAS THIS BIG DEAL THAT YOU GUYS GOT. NOW YOU HAVE TO FESS UP AND GIVE US THE DETAILS. WHAT DOES YOUR HOME LOOK LIKE, HOW MUCH OF A DISCOUNT, WHY SWITCH FROM VILLA TO RANCH, WHAT ABOUT THE DOGS, WHAT ABOUT THE LEASH FOR THE HUBBY, WHICH WAY IS LANIE FACING, GRASS OR NO GRASS. WELL YOU CAN TELL I CAN GO ON AND ON. I AM HAPPY FOR YOU BUT PLEASE LET US KNOW THE DETAILS OF YOUR TRANSACTION SO WE ALL KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR ALSO. REMEMBER I WILL BE DOWN TO BUY ON 9-16. TAKE CARE KAR GUY
Old 09-02-2007, 09:49 AM

Carla, English Ivy, Thanks for the welcome to Duval, my wife and I are excited that we will be calling it home in the near future. Carla, I went into my previous post and corrected the Duval website location, Sorry bout that. I have been looking at it on regular basis to find out what is happening in Duval. We love it. Bama
Old 09-02-2007, 02:15 PM

English - I would never say "Go Vikings" to you!! That would be like saying "Go Raiders" lol

Kar Guy- We had already fallen in love with the Jasmine but it was already out of our price range. Then our sales lady called and said there were two on the market that had been discounted. One on Persimmons Loop and the other on Gum (something) It was listed on the TV site for $216,000 which she said was already discounted. I had seen other new Jasmine for anywhere from $226,000 up to $260,000. Still I thought $216 was just a little out of our range. She checked and came back with either a $209,000 price or $26,000 credit at Southern Lifestyles. We took the $209,000.

Where we are now, we do not have a backyard although we do let them out throughout the day to run up and down the common area. Darby is really old (the westie) so all he wants to do is go to the closest tree, lift his leg and come inside. Duffy likes to run around for a few min. before coming inside. Duffy is out approx. 3 min. tops so you see, they are not outdoor dogs. We don't know what we'll do with that part, but we will be good neighbors, that I guarantee!! We walk them once in the morning and once at night to do their other business but ALWAYS pick up. We'll try to get them to go in our yard before we take them for their walk. Darby doesn't walk very far so we go to the end of the block with him and then back. Duffy we'll walk.

I think the only thing (I hope) that is a negative about the new home is that it faces East and West. (I heard that was bad, right?) Lanai faces West I think... ???

There is a new financial center going in (or is it already in??) that won't be far from the house and I was kinda worried about that, but the sales lady said we were far enough away so that it shouldn't be a bother.

Hey Duval.....Anything else we should know??? We are on Persimmon Loop.

We will be seeing our home for the first time Sept 5th. (That's scary) We will probably be tooling around the area on a golf cart to check things out the most of the time we're there so Duval... Don't think we are "casing the joint" and turn us in!! ;D :cop:

We will be arriving in TV on the 25th of Sept. Getting a room at the Holiday Inn or some place like that for one night and then close on the 26th. Our movers will be there on the 27th.

I am going to go on the Duval sight now and check in with our new neighbors.. See ya soon

Old 09-02-2007, 03:15 PM

Darbyduff,

Good luck on your upcoming move. Hope all goes smoothly. Don't forget to watch the Broncos on Monday Night Football this season. They have 3 Monday games and, as you know, at least one of those will show a snowstorm (not the one in San Diego, of course). The ski industry makes sure that the entire nation sees the snow falling. You'll be able to watch the games in the comfort of the Florida weather and smile knowing you've made the right decision. It's easy being a Bronco fan from afar.....I've continue to do it. And it'll always be Mile High Stadium to me not that foolish new name!

Drive safely during your journey.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Sage

DD....I was out doing errands in the golf cart yesterday and checked out your new digs. Very nice!!! Nice size lanai, pretty neighborhood; lots of clear glass in the front door....depending on whether you vacuum/dust in the buff, you might have to do something about that. I assume your realtor has sent you photos??? If not, I snapped a couple of quick digi photos yesterday. It's a great location....no sewer plants, ultra busy roads, etc around you. You're also close enough but far enough from commercial property. Yes, the front does face mostly east and the lanai is west but you'll figure out how best to use it all. Good luck.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:22 PM

Oh Villages 07!!!!!!!!!! :#1: :#1: :#1:

How can I thank you?????? ??? :bow: :bow: :bow:

That was so wonderful of you. We didn't know about all that. And our sales lady did not give us any pictures. I saw the home on the TV site and printed out 1 picture of the front before they took it off the site.

Guys - If there is anyone out there still wondering if THE VILLAGES is for you...listen up!!!!! I have never met "Villages 07" nor do I know if it is a man or a women but they,she,he or it went to all the trouble to scout out our new place for us. AND TAKE PICTURES FOR US!! Now you tell me....how many people in the good ole US of A would do that for someone they didn't know????? ONLY ONE OF THE MANY LOVELY PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN THE VILLAGES. and Wow 07!!!! NO, make that 007 because you are super.

I would love to see the pictures!!! E-mail me at:darbyduff11@hotmail.com

Drinks are on us when we meet!!!!

Az2fla - My husband has been a season ticket holder for over 20 years. We even have our Mile High Seats!!!

We will be watching every game if we can!!!!!!!! Go "you know who"!!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Veteran member

DD, are you using a moving company, and if so, who?
Old 09-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Veteran member

Yo, Sweetheart! I hope you got in on the deal where you get 10% of your purchase price toward new furniture....you might want to chat with your realtor about that one.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 09-02-2007, 06:34 PM

Congrats DD. Welcome to Duval. It's a great Village. And very close to everything now and in the futrue expansion. We are in NJ right now. Coming back for the winter on Oct. 1. We live at 1404 Tallowtree Dr. Right around the corner. Stop by anytime. Neighbor across the street is from Colorado. Good Luck.

Joe and Diane Dudik

Old 09-02-2007, 07:16 PM

We are using a local very small company. He was one of my jurors (I was the Jury Commissioner) and he bid on our job and came in $2,000 less than the big guys. They have all the insurance but they are a rent a truck kind of company. I really hope we're doing the right thing. (Do you notice a thread through my threads????? I worry a lot!!!!!)

jdudik, I don't have the new map of TV so I don't know how close we are but if you say your right around the corner then you have to stop by the new Reedy Homestead!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Veteran member

DD, make sure either they or you take an inventory that's agreed on by both parties. Without it, you're DOA on any claims. The inventory should also show any current damage to furniture, i.e. scratches etc.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:46 PM

jjdees,

Your right. We are taking pictures etc. There is very little furnature, it's more boxes than anything but we'll see.

And Villages 07 - We have your pictures and THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!! All of our friends and family now have them!! You are soo cool. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Old 09-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Sage

Hey DD

Just got back from 4 days at the cottage and what a surprise ... you've already bought!! Good for you, it is nice to see you so excited. Congratulations!! Sounds like Duval is a great Village with friendly people. We also bought sight unseen, last May, but the online video was so helpful. So we are nutty too!! We will be arriving October 26 with our two dogs for our first stay in our new Villa (4 years old, not new). So we'll meet you then. ;D

We need furniture like crazy and are hoping to pick up some "gently used" furniture .. I heard there is a place called "Bargains and Treasures" which is good .. does anyone know of that place? We are bringing an inflatable bed from Canada; that may be our only furniture for a while. We want to have some fun when we arrive and not spend all our time shopping!!

I am so excited for you, and for me, and for everyone else who is moving to TV. Finally, we can start living the good life that we are have been looking forward to!

We're in Belmont Villas, does anyone out there live in the Village of Belevedere?
Old 09-02-2007, 10:01 PM

Barefoot,

Try Caren's Classy Cottage for consignment buys as well. She is in Fruitland Park and took our entire home of furnishings and was able to sell them quickly. She picks up and sells from TV at very reasonable prices.
Zug, Switzerland
Usingen, Germany
Woodstock, GA
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.