We need an All Night Pharmacy - Call to Action

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2021, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
The question by the OP does not deserve snide and self-serving comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darield
This had nothing to do with running out of meds. We need an all night store, even a Walmart.
I believe the OP brought on some of remarks when she changed the meaning of her request. It went from needing a pharmacy to needing an all night store, such as Walmart. An all night store is much more sensible, however I'm sure Walmart and others have studied the demographics of the area, and most don't need to shop after 11pm. If you have a medical problem, we already have a few 24/7 ER type facilities in the area.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:50 AM

Before Covid19 the Wal-Mart on 441 was open 24 hours
Old 09-28-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darield View Post
Last week while dealing with a mid-of-the-night medical issue, I discovered that we no longer have an all-night pharmacy anywhere in the Villages. I was shocked. I even called the hospital and they said nothing was open but we could always go the the emergency room. Many people have a $500 copay or higher when a $25-$50 solution is available. This also puts a large burden on our emergency room dealing with issues that don’t require an emergency room. Whether a grandchild forgot their Benadryl and broke out in hives at 1am or the blood pressure cuff stopped working, we need an all-night pharmacy! (update, to be clear- or an all-night store that carries medical supplies like a Walmart)

After numerous calls to see if any department in The Villages could help with this (the answer is no), I started calling corporate customer service for CVS, Walgreens and Walmart.

The only way to fix this problem is to call with our concerns. When I was talking to CVS on 466, even they said, things are much more difficult now that they are not open all night and they would prefer to be open.

So, I am including the number for corporate customer service for all 3 stores. I am not opening this thread for complaining or even reasons why this happened. I am hoping that if I give the phone number for all three corporations, people will take action! I have to admit, I was on the phone for over a half hour with just one store, but this thread is a call to action. TV will be a safer place for everyone if we have an all-night pharmacy.

CVS – customer Service-no email provided on website – 1 800 746-7287 (800 SHOPCVS)
Walgreens – 1 800 925-4733
You can go to the contact us page and Store Service. You need a specific Walgreens store if you choose to write.
Walmart – 1 800 925-6278 (800 WALMART) - Customer Service is usually pretty fast.
I agree. But good luck in getting cooperate to do that when everybody is having trouble staffing during regular hours.
Old 09-28-2021, 03:33 PM

Only a 30 minute drive from The Villages

Walgreens
24 - hour pharmacy
125 E MAIN ST
Apopka, FL 32703

How often will you need this service? If you cant drive, then Uber or taxi. Ask a neighbor for a ride.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
We like the idea of an all night pharmacy open with just 2 people and no one else around , who do we call , signed the James gang
Leave Joe Walsh out of this!

-Tom Petty
Old 09-28-2021, 04:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Maybe I wasn't specific enough, it isn't about getting meds, it could be about a blood pressure machine that stopped working, or any other number of things. This isn't about divulging personal information. Even when I lived in a town of 50,000, we had an all night pharmacy or an all night Walmart. It isn't about not packing your medicines in your overnight bag. I gave 2 examples out of hundreds of reasons that an all-night pharmacy or Walmart is needed.

For those that don't think this is important, that's fine. For those that think we should have at lease one all night store for emergencies, I gave the information to contact the stores.
Our granddaughter works at a CVS 7p to 7a. She calls it bunch of money going in her pocket for very little work. Usually in a week, clientele buys non essential items. About once a month a new mom comes in, little frightened, because baby has a fever, cough, constipation. Usually not life threatening, but once in a blue moon needs a script that should have been filled days ago, just didn’t have the time,
A blood pressure machine would be in a medical facility. A battery operated BP cuff, is accurate or not, depending on the batteries or the user. I have taken 10 brands to the OR is compare with on board anesthesia machine cuff. Found some close, but 3 hours later very different results.

If you can drive to a CVS in the middle of the night for a BP cuff, you are not close to needed a 24 pharmacy. In the wee hours. if you are given a script from the ED or late discharge, you are sent home with what’s called a quick fill of 1-3 days until you can get to a pharmacy.

Now if your epi pen can’t be found, you need to call 911, cause you will never get in your car, much less to CVS.
Old 09-29-2021, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

Probably a much better solution would be for the local hospital to create a drive-up window for their pharmacy that's open 24/7 as I am pretty sure that hospital pharmacies are open all night long or or at least staffed 24/7. Perhaps somebody who works at the hospitals here can tell me this whether it's true true or false
Old 09-29-2021, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
Probably a much better solution would be for the local hospital to create a drive-up window for their pharmacy that's open 24/7 as I am pretty sure that hospital pharmacies are open all night long or or at least staffed 24/7. Perhaps somebody who works at the hospitals here can tell me this whether it's true true or false
The Villages Hospital does not have a retail pharmacy where you can fill prescriptions.

Patients can't even fill their prescriptions at the hospital when they are discharged.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 09-29-2021 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:13 AM
Default Nope

Quote:
Last week while dealing with a mid-of-the-night medical issue, I discovered that we no longer have an all-night pharmacy anywhere in the Villages. I was shocked. I even called the hospital and they said nothing was open but we could always go the the emergency room. Many people have a $500 copay or higher when a $25-$50 solution is available. This also puts a large burden on our emergency room dealing with issues that don’t require an emergency room. Whether a grandchild forgot their Benadryl and broke out in hives at 1am or the blood pressure cuff stopped working, we need an all-night pharmacy! (update, to be clear- or an all-night store that carries medical supplies like a Walmart)

After numerous calls to see if any department in The Villages could help with this (the answer is no), I started calling corporate customer service for CVS, Walgreens and Walmart.

The only way to fix this problem is to call with our concerns. When I was talking to CVS on 466, even they said, things are much more difficult now that they are not open all night and they would prefer to be open.

So, I am including the number for corporate customer service for all 3 stores. I am not opening this thread for complaining or even reasons why this happened. I am hoping that if I give the phone number for all three corporations, people will take action! I have to admit, I was on the phone for over a half hour with just one store, but this thread is a call to action. TV will be a safer place for everyone if we have an all-night pharmacy.

CVS – customer Service-no email provided on website – 1 800 746-7287 (800 SHOPCVS)
Walgreens – 1 800 925-4733
You can go to the contact us page and Store Service. You need a specific Walgreens store if you choose to write.
Walmart – 1 800 925-6278 (800 WALMART) - Customer Service is usually pretty fast.
I know when I am running out of medicine and order ahead of time. That works good for me.
Closed Thread

Tags
pharmacy, service, customer, open, emergency

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.