We need your help! My husband hurt his back.

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Sage
Default We need your help! My husband hurt his back.

In the midst of moving items from our garage to inside the house, my husband hurt his back and now cannot lift. Does anyone know if there is a service or people out there who can help us put the stuff back into the garage after the floor has been epoxied? He is mobile and can walk around but no lifting. He has an old back injury that he has now re injured and he needs to take it easy for a bit. Your help is much appreciated.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Sage

Check the ads in the Daily Sun - I believe there are people who unload Pods.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 06-07-2012, 07:26 AM

have 21yr old son always looking for little side jobs
Old 06-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Analoshaka? Here is a job for you.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Eternal Member

You can call my hubby, Gary. He's a handy dandy man and VERY reasonable. Cell phone is 352-255-3258 or mine 352-255-2678
Old 06-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

So sorry to near about the back problem. Wish I were there to help, but I haven't even met with the design team yet. I would gladly offer any assistance if I could! I see, however with so many great people in TV that you should have no problem! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 06-07-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Analoshaka? Here is a job for you.
Me? Huh? If you know someone that needs an Executive Assistant or a Graphic Designer/Marketing coordinator I'm your gal. Experience in both, degree in the latter. Awesome references.

Moving furniture...I'm not a spring chicken anymore and have my own back issue...actually been forced to break into the vicodin the last two days after moving recliners out of the house. (injured my lower back in a fall about 20 year ago) and acts up from time to time. Try to stay away from the heavy lifting. So feel for him Happinow! Hope he feels better soon. Just don't let him push to fast because he probably knows...it doesnt help.

Happinow...you might look around and see if there are listing for moving help etc. Some companies can do small jobs like that for little to nothing. Or take hdh1470 up on his offer...21 year olds are great workers
Old 06-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlashokna View Post
Me? Huh? If you know someone that needs an Executive Assistant or a Graphic Designer/Marketing coordinator I'm your gal. Experience in both, degree in the latter. Awesome references.

Moving furniture...I'm not a spring chicken anymore and have my own back issue...actually been forced to break into the vicodin the last two days after moving recliners out of the house. (injured my lower back in a fall about 20 year ago) and acts up from time to time. Try to stay away from the heavy lifting. So feel for him Happinow! Hope he feels better soon. Just don't let him push to fast because he probably knows...it doesnt help.

Happinow...you might look around and see if there are listing for moving help etc. Some companies can do small jobs like that for little to nothing. Or take hdh1470 up on his offer...21 year olds are great workers
I thought you were an unemployed guy living with the folks. Sorry. And I thought you were in your 40's...which is kind of spring chickeny to me.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Sage
Default Hubby doing better/found our helpers

You've all been great with your suggestions (I've copied names and numbers for future use) but Tim The Tool Man was doing some work for us today and came up with a couple of people to help us move our junk....I mean stuff! Hubby (aka Mr. Happinow) is doing pretty well. Using ice frequently and taking it easy. I wanted to slow him down, but not this way! Thanks for your concern. Much appreciated.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Platinum member

We had a guy help us unload my Mom's stuff when we brought it up here in a U Haul. If you need his number, just pm me

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 06-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Sage

Hi Happinow,
Glad you found someone. I wish Mr. Happinow a speedy recovery.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.