Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2015, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Old 03-30-2015, 10:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
According to this site Marion County ranks #42, Sumter #27 and Lake #19 within the state of Florida. Health Rankings | County Health Rankings & Roadmaps
I'll be darned. You're right. Thanks for the link.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post

What Bogie said.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorio View Post
Catch phrase is better than no catch phrase. Let's keep on dreaming and maybe the wish will indeed come true. People gravitate towards catch phrases especially positive ones even if it doesn't come true. Look at politics. Anyone watch "Mad Men"? Admen make millions coming up with catch phrases. That's o.k.
Is there any room for truth or facts in this equation? It's fine to dream about accomplishing something but to achieve the dream one would need to know 1) where you stand currently 2) where you want to go & 3) the best overall plan of action. I don't think a dream by itself accomplishes anything.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:42 AM

We are moving to TV from Mi any advice on moving companies or whatever?
Old 03-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
According to this site Marion County ranks #38, Sumter #7 and Lake #16 within the state of Florida. Health Rankings | County Health Rankings & Roadmaps
/// Correction: #7 for health factors and 27th. for health outcomes.

Last edited by Villages PL; 03-30-2015 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:44 AM

I read the report on countyhealthrankings .org and looked for good news about Sumter county and TV.

Some of the reported problems of low birthweight and teen births are not issues for Villagers.

There was, however, great news the Villages Marketing Machine might want to shout from the front page of the Daily Sunny.

Sexually transmitted infections were reported as 402 per 100,000 in Florida and 213 per 100,000 in Sumter County.
The reported rate was for Chlamydia and not other sexually transmitted infections.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbirdtobe View Post
I read the report on countyhealthrankings .org and looked for good news about Sumter county and TV.

Some of the reported problems of low birthweight and teen births are not issues for Villagers.

There was, however, great news the Villages Marketing Machine might want to shout from the front page of the Daily Sunny.

Sexually transmitted infections were reported as 402 per 100,000 in Florida and 213 per 100,000 in Sumter County.
The reported rate was for Chlamydia and not other sexually transmitted infections.
So if the ranking is good we'll take credit for it and to the extent that it's bad we'll claim it's not our fault.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Same old, same old.

Orthorexia: When Eating Healthy Becomes an Unhealthy Obsession
Old 03-30-2015, 12:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Here's another question: Being that we are in 3 counties, do we get to cherry pick the county with the best ranking? Or do we pick Sumter because we are a large part of Sumter.
That's my question. The Villages and Sumter County are two different things. I don't know if statistics are developed for The Villages or not, but the numbers for Sumter County are not the numbers for The Villages.

I don't know how much of Sumter County residents live in The Villages, but there are other communities in Sumter County and residents that live in other parts of unincorporated parts of Sumter County. It may very well be that it is because of The Villages, that Sumter County Rates as high as it does.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:24 PM
Sage

Interesting, gg. So there's actually a word for it...even though the term is not "official" yet. Just a couple of quotes...

"Frequently eating trans fatty foods such as French fries or processed snacks is not healthy behavior, but neither is becoming obsessive about avoiding them..."

"The 'worry factor' is one of the biggest indicators...If a client has too much anxiety over what they eat, then that stress may be worse for their health than what they’re actually eating."
Old 03-30-2015, 12:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I believe approximately 75% of the residents of Sumter County live in The Villages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
That's my question. The Villages and Sumter County are two different things. I don't know if statistics are developed for The Villages or not, but the numbers for Sumter County are not the numbers for The Villages.

I don't know how much of Sumter County residents live in The Villages, but there are other communities in Sumter County and residents that live in other parts of unincorporated parts of Sumter County. It may very well be that it is because of The Villages, that Sumter County Rates as high as it does.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Interesting, gg. So there's actually a word for it...even though the term is not "official" yet. Just a couple of quotes...

"Frequently eating trans fatty foods such as French fries or processed snacks is not healthy behavior, but neither is becoming obsessive about avoiding them..."

"The 'worry factor' is one of the biggest indicators...If a client has too much anxiety over what they eat, then that stress may be worse for their health than what theyre actually eating."
Now there's a concept I understand, I just have difficulty pronouncing it.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:42 PM
Sage

AND you provided a link for that. How thoughtful!
Old 03-30-2015, 01:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Could the news article be another PR fabrication on behalf of The Villages?
Are you suggesting there is some kind of giant conspiracy afoot by The Villages to pretend Villagers are healthier than they are?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.