We really do have some grumps in TV!

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default We really do have some grumps in TV!

Saw a guy walking his dog yesterday, using the pinestraw to do his (the dog's, not the man's) business. Stopped to warn him to be careful because the pinestraw was known to have ticks. I wasn't rude, I don't think I was being arrogant, I thought I was being nice and helpful. If I had a dog that liked to go potty in an area that had ticks, I'd appreciate the warning. I might continue to let my dog use that spot, but I'd certainly be checking my dog carefully after each walk. If I thought someone was trying to help me and I thought what they were telling me was a bunch of hooey, I'd say thank you and go on my way. To say he yelled at me was putting it mildly! He was "sick of people thinking they knew better" than him. I was stunned.

I really thought it was a sad thing and felt sorry for him. Hope the rest of his day went better than that encounter; he certainly soured my day.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Redwitch...if I believed in astrology, I would say the moon was in a bad place yesterday or the stars weren't aligned right. I had such a day yesterday and it was my own mouth that opened and said something I thought was kinda clever and got me in trouble.

I know you and I know you are a sincere and helpful person. He may have been a person who knows it all. You just can't help those kinds of people.

Feel this hug. Today is another day. You know what your mom said. It had something with guten tag in it.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:59 AM

Redwitch and Gracie some people would complain if you mailed them a check because they had to walk to the mailbox to get it

Just know you did the right thing and let them go. And always remember you live in TV a place where the rest of us are working hard to get to. When we get there you can give me advice anytime
Old 05-17-2011, 08:28 AM
Gold member

Maybe he likes his dog to have ticks. Might be the only company that will put up with him. Me, I appricate any advice I can get when moving into a new area, concerning the current insect or whtever problem so that I know what to look out for.

Ya all have a good day.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Home Protection Instructor
Retired Army Military Police Investigator - 20 years, 4 months, 13 days
Retired Deputy Sheriff/Corrections Officer
IDPA Safety Officer Instructor
All skill is in vain when an Angel weewees in the flintlock of your musket.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Redwitch...if I believed in astrology, I would say the moon was in a bad place yesterday or the stars weren't aligned right. I had such a day yesterday and it was my own mouth that opened and said something I thought was kinda clever and got me in trouble.

I know you and I know you are a sincere and helpful person. He may have been a person who knows it all. You just can't help those kinds of people.

Feel this hug. Today is another day. You know what your mom said. It had something with guten tag in it.
Gracie, the moon IS full tonight! Perhaps that affected this guy's ability to be civil the way it can affect my ability to sleep! "Grumps" ARE here but I am happy to say that in all of the years I have lived in The Villages I have only encountered 2 or 3 of them. Whenever I HAVE run into this kind of behavior I try to imagine scenarios in my mind that might cause someone to respond in such a defensive way. Could they have just received news about a serious health problem in themselves, or in a loved one or a friend? Did they just lose a loved one or close friend? Do they live in severe pain due to health problems? Are they in the midst of a serious financial crisis? Many things can happen to folks and some people just aren't able to handle serious life events in mature ways. Some people thrive on being the "victim". I feel sorry for people who take a kind gesture of caring as an attack on their intelligence. If living in this beautiful place hasn't removed the "grumpiness" out of this guy nothing will! Author John Bradshaw wrote something to the effect, "We are all on a spaceship, hurtling through space.". Wouldn't you think that this vision would be enough to make all of us realize that we are "in this thing together"? Most of us are here to help make the other passengers' rides as comfortable and pleasant as we can, as we journey through life.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:41 AM
Veteran member

Redwitch, here's another hug ( )

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

the man's display of a lack of understanding of an offer of helpful information made me think that mercury could have been in retrograde - a time when communications of all sort can really be messed up! but i have to agree with villagesflorida that he must just be under the influence of the full moon - the waters of his body were rising and applying pressure to his brain making him lass able to be rational!

gracie - as an astrology buff you might enjoy this website if you have not already been there: http://www.astrologycom.com/mercret.html#table. it's all about mercury retrograde and how communications can go especially haywire during that period. and here are the dates of mercury retrograde for 2011: March 30th to April 23rd, in Aries; August 2nd to 26th in Virgo, then Leo; and November 23rd to December 13th in Sagittarius.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:23 AM

Redwitch:
1. The guy was a dope, plain and simple (although I agree with other descriptions used by fellow posters here).

2. I don't feel sorry for the guy, I feel sorry for his dog who has to live with and depend on him 24/7!!

3. The guy caused some sourness in your life this morning but do NOT let him continue to do so for even another moment! There is plenty of sugar in TV, go find some right now! (please).
Old 05-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default here is another hug redwitch!

Yesterday played golf and this person, who will remain nameless, EVERYTIME I've played with her, a black cloud follows our group for 2 or 4 HOURS....Yipsters!...Life is soooooo short and huffing and puffing about golf is such a waste of time....It was a beautiful day and soooo thankful to be above ground!....I have a feeling that she always looks at the glass as half empty and that is such a shame.... When I encounter an unhappy person, I soooo wish they were reminded about our troops in the Mid-east, or a family that will lose a loved one....
Old 05-17-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
the moon IS full tonight!
"I guess that was the reason (yesterday) that she turned left off of #446 smashing right into the oncoming car at the corner of Rolling Acres Road. I couldn't see any other reason ... it was a clear intersection and a clear day. Scary."
Old 05-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge538 View Post
"I guess that was the reason (yesterday) that she turned left off of #446 smashing right into the oncoming car at the corner of Rolling Acres Road. I couldn't see any other reason ... it was a clear intersection and a clear day. Scary."
Who did? Oh no!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Who did? Oh no!
It was a young female driver. It was scary as it was not busy and it was such a clear day. Texting???
Old 05-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Saw a guy walking his dog yesterday, using the pinestraw to do his (the dog's, not the man's) business. Stopped to warn him to be careful because the pinestraw was known to have ticks. I wasn't rude, I don't think I was being arrogant, I thought I was being nice and helpful. If I had a dog that liked to go potty in an area that had ticks, I'd appreciate the warning. I might continue to let my dog use that spot, but I'd certainly be checking my dog carefully after each walk. If I thought someone was trying to help me and I thought what they were telling me was a bunch of hooey, I'd say thank you and go on my way. To say he yelled at me was putting it mildly! He was "sick of people thinking they knew better" than him. I was stunned.

I really thought it was a sad thing and felt sorry for him. Hope the rest of his day went better than that encounter; he certainly soured my day.
red

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Feel this hug.

It's easy to say to not let this ruin your day but I think I know how you feel. This sounds like something else is bothering this person and he is the type who lashes out at people.

If it were me, I try to let it roll off of of me but that's easier said than done.
I know it would bother me for a while.

Reminds me of the saying, "don't let anybody rent space in your head".
Old 05-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Sage

Hey red - Maybe the guy's shorts were on just a bit too tight.............. THAT would probably make him grumpy!

Bill
Old 05-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Gold member

However there are some people here who believe they are the "police" and tell you what you should do when no one has given them authority to do that. As an example when I was a newbie in the Villages I parked my golf cart in front of Toojays for a minute as I had to go in there. There were not a lot of cars on the street at that time in the morning. I was parked like a car would be parked, not headon. A women who was crossing the street told me that I was not supposed to park my cart like that. She must have felt it was her duty to tell me how to park. There are people like this in the Villages. I felt like telling this women it's none of her business. Don't know if this is the same as the Redwitch incident but the guy probably felt it was none of her business even though she was just being helpful. Just another opinion.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.