We really do have some grumps in TV!

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Default Panties in a wad!!

I always figure those who get there panties in a wad,, just need to buy bigger panties!! I worry bout folks who think somebody pees in there Cheerios every day!
If I was on leash doing my business, and you told the guy holding the leash I could get ticks,, I would be very greatful you told him! I bet the dog is happy with you! Ah mans best friend!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Hey red - Maybe the guy's shorts were on just a bit too tight.............. THAT would probably make him grumpy!

Bill
Maybe he put them on backwards and he needed to go.

No one has the right to be extremely rude when someone is trying to help them.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
However there are some people here who believe they are the "police" and tell you what you should do when no one has given them authority to do that. As an example when I was a newbie in the Villages I parked my golf cart in front of Toojays for a minute as I had to go in there. There were not a lot of cars on the street at that time in the morning. I was parked like a car would be parked, not headon. A women who was crossing the street told me that I was not supposed to park my cart like that. She must have felt it was her duty to tell me how to park. There are people like this in the Villages. I felt like telling this women it's none of her business. Don't know if this is the same as the Redwitch incident but the guy probably felt it was none of her business even though she was just being helpful. Just another opinion.

John
TOUCHE! Often unsolicited comments/opinions/chastisements evoke responses that the perpetrator finds unacceptable. Don't intrude and you'll surely find less reason to tell the wide world how badly you've been treated. Remember, "silence is golden"!
Old 05-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default We really have some grumps in TV!

I happen to agree with the above-stated post. Some folks seem bent on being helpful but actually are seen as being intrusive. Many people view their morning walk as quiet time, time to reflect, etc. A simply nod as you pass serves the purpose.. What I don't get in this conversation has to do with why living in TV is inconsistent with being grumpy. I defend your right to be grumpy.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Rubicon. Happy up!
Old 05-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default We really do have some grumps in TV

Graciegirl I am not a grump. I just beleieve there is no since being a grump unless you can act like one
Old 05-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Platinum member
Default Yep, he was a grump

Why could he not have just politely said, "Thank You", and moved on? Knowing Red, I don't think she would have followed him around. She would have just moved on as well. (Maybe he was just having a bad day. If so, at least he wasn't taking his frustration out on his poor dog.)
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 05-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Gold member

It's all relative. We have been living in a South FL condo. At a condo, 70% of the people will tell you when they don't like what you are doing. The other 30% will post an anonymous note on the bulletin board. It has to be a lot better in TV.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Graciegirl I am not a grump. I just beleieve there is no since being a grump unless you can act like one
I know you are not a grump. And what you say makes sense....

I think........
Old 05-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I know you are not a grump. And what you say makes sense....

I think........
Rubicon's quote makes more sense if you change the word "since" to "sense."
I think....
Old 05-17-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
Gracie, the moon IS full tonight! Perhaps that affected this guy's ability to be civil the way it can affect my ability to sleep! "Grumps" ARE here but I am happy to say that in all of the years I have lived in The Villages I have only encountered 2 or 3 of them. Whenever I HAVE run into this kind of behavior I try to imagine scenarios in my mind that might cause someone to respond in such a defensive way. Could they have just received news about a serious health problem in themselves, or in a loved one or a friend? Did they just lose a loved one or close friend? Do they live in severe pain due to health problems? Are they in the midst of a serious financial crisis? Many things can happen to folks and some people just aren't able to handle serious life events in mature ways. Some people thrive on being the "victim". I feel sorry for people who take a kind gesture of caring as an attack on their intelligence. If living in this beautiful place hasn't removed the "grumpiness" out of this guy nothing will! Author John Bradshaw wrote something to the effect, "We are all on a spaceship, hurtling through space.". Wouldn't you think that this vision would be enough to make all of us realize that we are "in this thing together"? Most of us are here to help make the other passengers' rides as comfortable and pleasant as we can, as we journey through life.
Ahhhh.....beautiful....I couldn't have said it beter myself....
Old 05-17-2011, 07:39 PM

The think the old chap needs some friendly cat!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I happen to agree with the above-stated post. Some folks seem bent on being helpful but actually are seen as being intrusive. Many people view their morning walk as quiet time, time to reflect, etc. A simply nod as you pass serves the purpose.. What I don't get in this conversation has to do with why living in TV is inconsistent with being grumpy. I defend your right to be grumpy.
Maybe, just maybe he had recently gotten some bad news. Like...you have the big C...or maybe "the wife" or a child had just passed. Personally I would have said "thank You". Some people take anything as a personal affront to their intelligence. You can not let someone's inner despair spoil your day. Let it go.....shake it off...smile at others ....AND...say a prayer for the grumps' inner peace. This is The Villages....we need a few grumpy people just to offset the overwhelming majority of happy people. Now, as an aside, maybe he puts a few drops of white distilled vinegar in his dog's water bowl.....and is not worried about the dog getting bit by a tick.( they will not drink the first few hours....But..they will drink it by morning... AND become healthier all over.. Will not need the meds for arthritis...At least it worked for my 125 pound 13 year old mutt. Vet said he did not believe it was the same dog within 60 days.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Sage

Red,
If you let me know I was putting my sweet dog in danger of ticks-- he'd give you a good lickin'.

Hugs,
P
Old 05-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Sage

Red, maybe it was Fumar doing Gary a favor? You know how he loves dogs.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.