We really do have some grumps in TV!

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Sage
Default Maybe he's facing a battle at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Saw a guy walking his dog yesterday, using the pinestraw to do his (the dog's, not the man's) business. Stopped to warn him to be careful because the pinestraw was known to have ticks. I wasn't rude, I don't think I was being arrogant, I thought I was being nice and helpful. ..... To say he yelled at me was putting it mildly! He was "sick of people thinking they knew better" than him. I was stunned. I really thought it was a sad thing and felt sorry for him. Hope the rest of his day went better than that encounter; he certainly soured my day.
Maybe he has no say in anything at home and his wife is one of those few who hates TV and wants to move back to the northernmost area of Michigan, where they get 200 inches of snow/year and it's 30 below zero for months. That would make a LOT of us grumpy.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:22 PM

I have learned that silence is golden , the hard way. I lost a good friend just meaning well.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Thanks for all the kind words and hugs. They were needed and appreciated. It has not been a good week/month and his yelling at me just got under my skin. I can usually shrug the dolts of this world off, but this one just hurt. It's not like I told him to not walk his dog in the pinestraw, just wanted to let him know there was a danger of ticks and I really don't care how miserable someone's life is, there's no excuse of that behavior. He could walk, he had a dog who loved him, he lived in The Villages, it was a beautiful day outside. Ah, well, life goes on and for the one grump there are five smiling and happy to make you smile with them and then there's the four who make you smile just because they are part of this world (like Gracie).

BTW -- Some of your comments cracked me up. The smiles were needed, too. And, since it was he who had his panties in a wad, maybe that was the problem -- he's a cross-dresser and his wife hid his bra.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-18-2011, 05:36 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Saw a guy walking his dog yesterday, using the pinestraw to do his (the dog's, not the man's) business. Stopped to warn him to be careful because the pinestraw was known to have ticks. I wasn't rude, I don't think I was being arrogant, I thought I was being nice and helpful. If I had a dog that liked to go potty in an area that had ticks, I'd appreciate the warning. I might continue to let my dog use that spot, but I'd certainly be checking my dog carefully after each walk. If I thought someone was trying to help me and I thought what they were telling me was a bunch of hooey, I'd say thank you and go on my way. To say he yelled at me was putting it mildly! He was "sick of people thinking they knew better" than him. I was stunned.

I really thought it was a sad thing and felt sorry for him. Hope the rest of his day went better than that encounter; he certainly soured my day.
There are times when " No good deed goes unpunished". Fortunately for the majority of us that never stops us from being nice and offering help to others. It is the right thing to do...
Old 05-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

The Villages FloridaThe Villages Florida
Is this the guy and his dog?
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 05-18-2011, 08:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertj1954 View Post
There are times when " No good deed goes unpunished". Fortunately for the majority of us that never stops us from being nice and offering help to others. It is the right thing to do...
Amen.

I'm glad your feeling better Redwitch.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.