Old 04-10-2020, 12:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
I know of 8
Wow. That surprises me. Interesting.

k.
Old 04-10-2020, 02:14 PM

Stay in all different areas and get your own feel for what you like, love and want. Big decision and may as well get settled in a house and area that is what you really want. Good luck
Old 04-10-2020, 02:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Pay attention to the way the sun will come in to your house and lanai. Our house faces east and we have a window that faces south, so we get plenty of natural light in our house. Several of our neighbors did not get enough light into their house so they had solar tubes installed to get more light.

Our lanai faces west, so it is very nice in the morning when my wife and I have coffee on the lanai. In the late afternoon it is BRUTAL. We had shades put on our lanai to lessen the sunlight and they work pretty well.
Old 04-10-2020, 02:54 PM
Default Walk the neighborhood

Before you sign on the dotted line, walk around the neighborhood to get a feel for it. Some neighborhoods are deserted part of the year. I spent several days walking our village, met many friendly, helpful people. It just felt right. I didn’t realize how convenient our location is which is a plus. I also didn’t realize the tax rates are different. So much we didn’t know but lucked out. Good luck in your search.
Old 04-10-2020, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfield View Post
Before you sign on the dotted line, walk around the neighborhood to get a feel for it...
A CYV on my street when it was less than one year old sprung a leak in the slab below the master bath. The owners were snowbirds, so when they came back from the north the master bath and master BR were a couple of inches deep in water.

They contacted warranty department and TV repaired everything. Removed drywall up 3' from floor, removed the carpeting, bath flooring, vanity, toilet, and then jackhammered into the floor and fixed the leak. Filled and patched the hole and replaced everything with new. There was about 3 days of no work when the leak was fixed, they ran high speed blowers and heaters to dry everything out. The entire repair job took 3 weeks.

After the repairs the owners put the home on the market with The Villages Realty and it sold within 2 weeks. The new owners had just arrived from closing and were getting ready to unload in the driveway and another neighbor walked over and said, welcome, didn't you have any concerns about the leak or flooded bedroom? They had never been told.

The new buyers got a lawyer and wanted the deal voided for failure to disclose faults to the property. The Villages response was since it was under warranty and repaired by TV, they weren't required to disclose any of this information with the buyers. The new owners listed the home right away with The Villages Realty and sold it in a couple of weeks.

Deja Vu, new owner standing in the driveway, same neighbor trots across the street and asks new owners. Weren't you concerned about the flooded bedroom and bath? These people took it in strike and actually lived there for 3 years before reselling. Here's the home, without being told you would never know by looking at the property. It has stood 8 years since the leak, so they must of done a good job and the soil is holding.

The Villages Florida
Old 04-10-2020, 07:08 PM
Default Rt466!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothyimitchell View Post
Early next year. What a great place to be! My wife and I are all fired up. I have a question about real estate there, specifically, pre owned homes. I have noticed it seems many home currently for sale are in the north and east sections of The Villages. While I am sure every area is great, has anyone noticed this also? Is there a particular reason for this? Is there an area that is better than others? Thanks in advance.
We moved here and rented for 6 months to shop for a home. Best thing we did. Discovered that 466 has all of the retail, banking, restaurants, etc. So Lake Sumter Landing became our centrepoint and looked within 5 miles. Ended up on Belvedere Rd. and love it! South is nice but 10 years away from all of the conveniences within a golf cart ride.
Old 04-11-2020, 08:21 AM
Send a message via AIM to goodstuff3

We moved from north of 44 to Finney in January of 2020
Old 07-02-2020, 04:39 PM
Wink Best place to live inThe Villages?

I think north of 466 is best because there is not as much traffic and there is more space up here. Our yards are a bit bigger and it is quieter. Houses do not always sell because the people are too old. My husband died at 66. I am moving back to MD so I am closer to my family. I am selling my house above 466. Not because I am too old but because I am too alone.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elreib View Post
I think north of 466 is best because there is not as much traffic and there is more space up here. Our yards are a bit bigger and it is quieter. Houses do not always sell because the people are too old. My husband died at 66. I am moving back to MD so I am closer to my family. I am selling my house above 466. Not because I am too old but because I am too alone.
I'm so sorry for your loss. 66 is much too young. Good luck with your home sale and move up north.

kathy
Old 07-02-2020, 07:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
I would love to see some stats on this although I'm sure such numbers are not available.

How many people know someone who has moved from north of 44 to one of the new areas down south? Just curious.

kathy
When I was looking for homes last year there was a lady who lived near Target. She wanted to move south to be closer to the Turnpike to get to her grandkids more easily.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elreib View Post
I think north of 466 is best because there is not as much traffic and there is more space up here. Our yards are a bit bigger and it is quieter. Houses do not always sell because the people are too old. .
Plus one!

Also sorry for the loss of your husband 66 is much too young.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:31 PM
John41

Lake Sumter Landing is the best for close proximity to shopping and activities. The developer spent a lot of thought and money on that square compared to the other two and the clubhouses are nicer too. You also have the option of gas or electric. Bond payments which are included with yearly taxes will be less than the new areas.

The developer is skimping on amenities in the new homes area south of 44. No new squares for a least a decade, just some vendors under tents next to a clubhouse if you are lucky by next year. The clubhouses are unimpressive compared to those north of 44. There is constant truck traffic, dirt and noise. The bond is outrageous, really jacking up your payment at property tax time.

In summary, the best area, hands down, is between 466 and 466a hands unless you want a new house.
Closed Thread

Tags
noticed, area, great, villages, north

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.