We will be moving to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2020, 06:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

[QUOTE=dewilson58;1742914]Older section, probably older people, more turnover.

I agree with this reply, albeit there are a number of homes in all of the different Villages for sale

Suggest that you subscribe to The Daily Sun, you'll get an idea on how many homes are on the market.

If you want to buy new...just go to any of the Sales Offices and they'll connect you with a sales agent

If you want to buy used...you may want to align with an independent broker (ReMax, etc)

It's really about location, location, location

I know of at least one individual that decided to buy a previously owned home in the northern sections because he wanted to have mature trees around him....
Some of those older homes will require a lot of remodeling, but the bond may be paid off.

If you really want to travel around in a golf cart 99% of the time....you may want to be in a Village close to one of the 3 existing town squares

If you want a new home, you're down in the southern area....plenty of homes there

I hope you find the home of your dreams
Old 04-09-2020, 06:27 AM

Frankly, I have had the opportunity to live in several areas in TV (Lake, Sumter and Marion Counties. Lake is the smallest county mostly 1/2 of the old section Marion owns roughly the land starting from Paradise Rec. Center and the northern section of Orange Blossom. Sumter County just got a major property tax hike. In my opinion the properties North of 466, are desirable for many reasons.
1. Marion tax’s are more reasonable than Sumter County.
2. We have fresh water coming out of our irrigation systems, not chemical water. Take notice to the protective white suites the irrigation crews wear south of 466, not to mention the awful smell of it.
3. The worst part of living around the squares is the TRAFFIC from December through April. You are forced to navigate the roundabouts to get anywhere (Stores, Home Depot, all shopping areas by car, and via golf cart it is a slow process.
4. The new town square called Brownwood is surrounded by high crime towns and Non-Village residents that infiltrate the square and prey on TV residents by thefts, burglarizing cars, golf carts stolen, the law enforcement presence is ever present, which I guess is good but is that what you want for you retirement. Also, you can hear Interstate 75 from your backyard. Also Sumter county.
5. Now I’ll tell you why I prefer North of 466 in TV. You have immediate fast access to CR 42 and from there, it’s less than a mile to 301, 441/27 and access to 75 but far enough away that you can’t hear it. By using CR 42 you get to bypass the the roundabouts and get quickly on 4 lane highways that will take you to shopping, restaurants, doctors, etc. We have (some newer sections up here do not have natural gas) but most have gas cooking, gas heat, gas hot water, some have put natural gas BBQ’s in their yards and Lanais, (because they can).
6. A quick drive from CR 42 and you’re in beautiful rolling hills and countryside. With farms, and just gorgeous views all around.
7. And lastly, there’s a train that runs along 301 and in the evening you can hear (way off in the distance) the sound of a train whistle which coming from the North of the US, it’s a very comforting sound.
Hope that helps with your questions. If you take one piece of advice DO NOT buy a patio home. There is absolutely NO privacy, you can become a victim to Community Standards as they have unfettered access to your yard, side, and backyard. If I had it to do all over again I would not have chosen a patio villa. I suggest a block and stucco courtyard villa with a concrete wall enclosing your backyard. That style home is the MOST PRIVATE and Community Standards has basically nothing to say about what is enclosed in your Courtyard Villa. Most violations reported to Community Standards are from your neighbors. This type of home prevents this crap from your “friendliest hometown neighbors”
My humble opinion to your question.
Bernadette
352-391-0229
Old 04-09-2020, 06:30 AM

Homes are older. With most people now accepting the new area more will sell their older homes and move to a new one. That’s one reason why the average villager lives in 3 homes during their life here. I am a retired sales rep for the villages.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:32 AM

We did. On our second home in new area. I am a retired real estate rep and I sold many homes in Fenney and surrounding villages.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:34 AM

We bought 6 years ago next to 466 . We love the location , we are off Belvedere, we have 5 executive courses within 5 to 10 minutes . The library, Publix , Bealls , Walmart and great restaurants are just around the corner . We are between Spanish Spring and Sumnter Landing . If you are fortunate to own a place in TV there is no bad place . We love where we are but I am sure
everyone that lives south of 466A love where they are also . I am sure everyone in Fenney are happy with their decisions also.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:43 AM

These are the older areas of the Villages and as such many are owned by the oldest members of our community. As a resulult, the houses come for sale as they pass away or return home for care. We have see that in our community of El Cortez that still has many original Villagers from 30 years ago.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:47 AM

You don't want anything north of 466 or south of 44.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:49 AM

I would do The Life Style stay to come see the area. Most people done this a few time to help deciding area. From 4 to 7 day stay in one of the homes. You have a golf cart many more extra with a rep who can assist you searching and there 3 trolley tours for different areas that take you around.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:53 AM

I think the fellow who suggested renting for a few months is correct with a capital C !! great advice. There are enough choices, and his idea of meeting the neighbors on any potential purchase is also a good idea. We did so because we had a neighbor from hell in our last NY house, and it made life unpleasant. It worked well here and we now have what I consider the best set of neighbors we have ever had.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:56 AM

I live north of 466, very convent to everything.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:08 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothyimitchell View Post
Early next year. What a great place to be! My wife and I are all fired up. I have a question about real estate there, specifically, pre owned homes. I have noticed it seems many home currently for sale are in the north and east sections of The Villages. While I am sure every area is great, has anyone noticed this also? Is there a particular reason for this? Is there an area that is better than others? Thanks in advance.
I was a Realtor before I moved to The Villages. Congratulations for making a great choice. To answer your question, I chose the area north of 466 for a couple of reasons. There are a LOT more restaurants, banks, shopping, groceries, etc. in the older area. Things are easier to get to by golf cart or just walking. The newer section, on the other hand, obviously has newer homes with more contemporary features -you will see a lot more CBS (concrete block covered in stucco) homes, and frankly they are prettier. Homes in the section below 466 and above 466A are usually a shade more expensive than those above 466. I'm not really all that familiar with below 466A, someone else will have to answer that.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:09 AM
Default North and East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothyimitchell View Post
Early next year. What a great place to be! My wife and I are all fired up. I have a question about real estate there, specifically, pre owned homes. I have noticed it seems many home currently for sale are in the north and east sections of The Villages. While I am sure every area is great, has anyone noticed this also? Is there a particular reason for this? Is there an area that is better than others? Thanks in advance.
Every area of The Villages has pros and cons but the extreme north end is great - quiet, less traffic, easy access to supermarket, drug store, rec center, 4 exec courses, I championship course. Briar Meadow is wonderful.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:12 AM

We just moved from Poinciana to Monarch Grove, after living in Poinciana for 15 years. We wanted to “downsize” from a Lantana to a smaller house, and less to take care of. We have met several people in our new neighborhood that have done the same thing. We love living in TV.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:14 AM

Could it be, those of us living in the north section are now moving to the newer southern section of Fenney. Average move for residents is three times. We met our 3 time limit and looking at Fenney now.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:16 AM

We bought 7 yrs ago we were in our mid 50’s, and moved down full time 5 yrs ago. We live up north in Chatham. Love it. Our neighbors are mixed age but have a group of 50’s and 60’s. Yes there are older but that’s in all of TV. Found a home with everything we were looking for enhanced landscaping and no bond. Through the years we did upgrades and still doing them to make it ours. Also love living where trees are large and houses are not as close together. Stores minutes away on 441 and can walk to Publix at Mulberry. Just saying look from north to south before making a decision. New is not always the best route to take. And you don’t live with your neighbors. Good luck!
Closed Thread

Tags
noticed, area, great, villages, north

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.