We will be moving to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2020, 07:22 AM

Take your time in buying, with the coronavirus real estate transactions have fallen off a cliff. My guess is real estate prices should fall in TV, but Iam not a real estate expert
Old 04-09-2020, 07:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Grace View Post
5. Now I’ll tell you why I prefer North of 466 in TV. You have immediate fast access to CR 42 and from there, it’s less than a mile to 301, 441/27 and access to 75 but far enough away that you can’t hear it. By using CR 42 you get to bypass the the roundabouts and get quickly on 4 lane highways that will take you to shopping, restaurants, doctors, etc. We have (some newer sections up here do not have natural gas) but most have gas cooking, gas heat, gas hot water, some have put natural gas BBQ’s in their yards and Lanais, (because they can).
6. A quick drive from CR 42 and you’re in beautiful rolling hills and countryside. With farms, and just gorgeous views all around.
7. And lastly, there’s a train that runs along 301 and in the evening you can hear (way off in the distance) the sound of a train whistle which coming from the North of the US, it’s a very comforting sound.
Same reason we are north of 466. Very well said.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:34 AM

My husband and I have visited TV several times and initially we absolutely had to be near Sumter but now we prefer Brownwood area and South. We went to LOTS of open houses and were surprised at how many folks were moving down to Fenney and a Marsh Bend. The old timers of TV of course would never consider these areas but it’s new, younger ( in my opinion) and you don’t have to worry about updating one of those older homes. We are most likely going to buy Brownwood and South. We are early 60’s and after talking to so many folks-everyone seems to like their own area so I think you just get used to wherever you settle.
Newer is better for us- some folks haven’t updated their homes in many many years- which does not appeal to folks in our age. Just an opinion- everyone is allowed to have one - right???
Old 04-09-2020, 07:35 AM

How do I start a new forum issue?
Old 04-09-2020, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat5977 View Post
One of the reasons is those are the oldest and original areas. Older residents are either passing away or moving in with adult children or going into care facilities. The new average age is going from residents in their 80s to residents in their 60s. This is my personal opinion from observation, I have no documentation to prove or disprove.
I think you are mistaken on the average age of people living in The Villages. And I know of three people personally who have moved from North to South in The Villages. You can't go wrong new person, all the areas here are beautiful and well maintained. You can't go wrong with living near older people either. They are mostly beautiful and well maintained as well.

Please wait to start your new adventure.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:37 AM

The bond is not ALWAYS paid off on a pre-owned home.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:41 AM

Pretty simple. The bulk of homes are north if 44 and most south of 44 have been purchased in the past 3 years so turnover is light
Old 04-09-2020, 08:05 AM

The south area is newer with newer people moving in so I think people are more willing to make new friends?
Old 04-09-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
You probably need to come down before you commit to buy and rent, 1, 2, or 3 months to see what area suits YOU. What I consider great may not be suitable for you. This will also give you time to look for your dream house, and potentially meet the neighbors. PS, I think I am in the best section of the Villages, just south of 466a.
No, I’m in the best part of The Villages, just south of 466/Southern Trace😁. Seriously, the best part of The Villages is the part that suits you. I agree with renting before buying so you can find the right spot for you.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts

If you are sound sensitive there is a train that runs near the 301 in the west side of TV. It bothered me in the early mornings and night with the windows open, so something to consider.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,020 Times in 5,321 Posts

Interesting how many folks move here and than move again to a different location here in TV.

here just 2 months and in between 466 and 466A and convenient to everything.

I do not understand the attraction to Feeney so far away from most village amenities.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:20 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Grace View Post
Frankly, I have had the opportunity to live in several areas in TV (Lake, Sumter and Marion Counties. Lake is the smallest county mostly 1/2 of the old section Marion owns roughly the land starting from Paradise Rec. Center and the northern section of Orange Blossom. Sumter County just got a major property tax hike. In my opinion the properties North of 466, are desirable for many reasons.
1. Marion tax’s are more reasonable than Sumter County.
2. We have fresh water coming out of our irrigation systems, not chemical water. Take notice to the protective white suites the irrigation crews wear south of 466, not to mention the awful smell of it.
3. The worst part of living around the squares is the TRAFFIC from December through April. You are forced to navigate the roundabouts to get anywhere (Stores, Home Depot, all shopping areas by car, and via golf cart it is a slow process.
4. The new town square called Brownwood is surrounded by high crime towns and Non-Village residents that infiltrate the square and prey on TV residents by thefts, burglarizing cars, golf carts stolen, the law enforcement presence is ever present, which I guess is good but is that what you want for you retirement. Also, you can hear Interstate 75 from your backyard. Also Sumter county.
5. Now I’ll tell you why I prefer North of 466 in TV. You have immediate fast access to CR 42 and from there, it’s less than a mile to 301, 441/27 and access to 75 but far enough away that you can’t hear it. By using CR 42 you get to bypass the the roundabouts and get quickly on 4 lane highways that will take you to shopping, restaurants, doctors, etc. We have (some newer sections up here do not have natural gas) but most have gas cooking, gas heat, gas hot water, some have put natural gas BBQ’s in their yards and Lanais, (because they can).
6. A quick drive from CR 42 and you’re in beautiful rolling hills and countryside. With farms, and just gorgeous views all around.
7. And lastly, there’s a train that runs along 301 and in the evening you can hear (way off in the distance) the sound of a train whistle which coming from the North of the US, it’s a very comforting sound.
Hope that helps with your questions. If you take one piece of advice DO NOT buy a patio home. There is absolutely NO privacy, you can become a victim to Community Standards as they have unfettered access to your yard, side, and backyard. If I had it to do all over again I would not have chosen a patio villa. I suggest a block and stucco courtyard villa with a concrete wall enclosing your backyard. That style home is the MOST PRIVATE and Community Standards has basically nothing to say about what is enclosed in your Courtyard Villa. Most violations reported to Community Standards are from your neighbors. This type of home prevents this crap from your “friendliest hometown neighbors”
My humble opinion to your question.
Bernadette
352-391-0229

Great post
Old 04-09-2020, 08:23 AM

We are happy just south of 42. Farthest north you can get. Chatham
Old 04-09-2020, 08:47 AM
Default Wait out the Storm could be better pricing and interest rates may drop more

I was just down visiting just before all the Corona-virus broke out end of April beginning of March 2020. I went to all the locations and looked at homes new and used. Checked out most of the facilities around each area. I have changed from used to new homes. I want move in ready and don't want to spend time remodeling. Plus the new homes have more bang for the buck. They have smart home wired in so you can control lighting, heat, air etc.. from your phone. Plus with this pandemic I see that homes are dropping in price. I am waiting out the storm. I was going to come down again this summer to rent and check more out but was told by the TV person helping you rent that it is shutdown for now. She mentioned the website will not let you rent either. you can still search for new and used on the TV website and app. I am working close with my TV rep that I met when I visited and he is keeping me updated on changes. I cut and pasted from his email - "We just extended new home closings to 90 day" I am looking in the new areas. Prices flex depending on several factors dig deep on your search.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:49 AM

try the central part, its ideally located. The largest central would be the Village of Duval
Closed Thread

Tags
noticed, area, great, villages, north

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.