Urgent: Trader Joe's request

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2020, 12:23 PM
Default Urgent: Trader Joe's request

A loss could be our gain! Let's bring Trader Joe's home!![/COLOR] Now is an ideal opportunity for us to flood Trader Joe's with our request to occupy the proposed Earth Fare space on 441 ahead of the competition and get their attention and commitment. This will enhance our much needed grocery shopping experience to be finally local while providing Trader Joe's off property occupation so they can function beyond those limitations and thrive. We just might have the Lady Lake Mayor's support on this!
Sorry I could not include here for your convenience the request form link for Trader Joe's and the article from Villages news regarding this endeavor, but you can google Trader Joe's and at the bottom of their homepage open contact us that will open options for location request. Please contact Trader Joe's ASAP so we can make a difference and finally get them closer than a 2 hour or more round trip and the frozen foods safely home!
*The article can be found on Villages News search Earth Fare.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:03 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

Would love a Trader Joes here...but do you really think they will listen...they are smart retailers...keep your pipe dream going.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

It’s been done for years. Since it’s a private company they go where the best money is. We just drive to Gainesville
Old 02-05-2020, 07:27 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Old 02-05-2020, 09:28 PM
Platinum member

Wow, a lot of folks want that two buck chuck!
Old 02-06-2020, 02:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Wow, a lot of folks want that two buck chuck!
Two buck went away long time ago, but you can buy duckhorn about $10 less.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:07 AM

I am amazed At how many people do not care about the quality and source (especially seafood) of the items they consume. Everything you consume will eventually play a part in your health.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabella View Post
I am amazed At how many people do not care about the quality and source (especially seafood) of the items they consume. Everything you consume will eventually play a part in your health.
Too late, most are in their 70s, 80s, 90s. Change in diet isn’t going to make a great impact. Those who chose in earlier years fare better. If I don’t bake bread, TJs multi grain is all I buy. We only buy our juice, milk, eggs from TJs
Old 02-06-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
...We just drive to Gainesville
Trader Joe’s is a bit closer in Orlando (Dr. Phillips area), and Whole Foods is nearby, too. Just off I-4 near Universal.

I do wish both were closer.

We like both, and it’s not the healthy choices that attracts us. We find many food items there that simply aren’t available at Sam’s, Walmart, Publix, or Winn-Dixie.

So for us, we hope some other grocer alternatives get established near The Villages.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:13 AM
Sage
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2inOR View Post
Trader Joe’s is a bit closer in Orlando (Dr. Phillips area), and Whole Foods is nearby, too. Just off I-4 near Universal.

I do wish both were closer.

We like both, and it’s not the healthy choices that attracts us. We find many food items there that simply aren’t available at Sam’s, Walmart, Publix, or Winn-Dixie.

So for us, we hope some other grocer alternatives get established near The Villages.
We have treatment at VA in Gainesville every 3 weeks, would rather go to Orlando, but it work just the same
Old 02-06-2020, 02:44 PM

May I suggest Fresh Thyme as an alternative? I have never been to Trader Joes and once to Sams where I didn't buy anything or even join up but we love FT as it has the best produce, meat, salad, bar, bakery, etc we have found. At home our main shopping area is the Belden Village in Canton, Ohio, which has both Earth Fare and Fresh Thyme. We have been to both but spend our money at FT which is better and more important, cheaper! Prices are equivalent to Walmart or even Aldis. Their sourdough bread is the very best.
Old 02-06-2020, 02:51 PM

My suggestion is for a Trader Joe's on SR 44 which is smack dab between upper Villages of 120,000 residents and the fast growing Fenney which already houses hundreds of residents and one day will be as large as the upper Villages. There is so much prime property available for retail stores along SR 44, The Villages, FL. ZIP: 32163, between Leesburg and Inverness.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:12 PM

Trader Joe’s reps have stated they could not function on The Villages property continuing their financial security. Now, there is opportunity for a quicker opening if they resume the Earth Fare new build. I too would prefer one near 44, however, Lady Lake is a very reasonable drive if it gets them to open their doors there sooner.
Charles Shaw wines are still available as of last week- the popular 2 buck Chuck. Trader Joe’s has a remarkable earned reputation in the industry and with shoppers. They are willing to let you sample most things before purchasing, and don’t have sales in order to pass on bulk cost to consumers, as well as easy returns. They do carry organic, gluten and dairy free products. They opened their first store in 1967 still operating in Pasadena, California.

As of today, they announced 3 new stores coming soon - 2 on the west and one east. I hope we aren’t wasting time debating instead of giving our best effort to obtain this shopping enhancement. We do have the Lady Lake Mayor’s interest and support. (Article from February 3 on The Villages News online.)
This would be a huge win for our community.
Interesting note: “ Homes located near- you guessed it- Trader Joe’s have experienced, on average, a 5 year home price appreciation of 67%”!
Don’t hesitate and risk another lost potential. Send in those email requests and enlist others!! It’s worth the effort.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:56 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherhope View Post
A loss could be our gain! Let's bring Trader Joe's home!![/COLOR] Now is an ideal opportunity for us to flood Trader Joe's with our request to occupy the proposed Earth Fare space on 441 ahead of the competition and get their attention and commitment. This will enhance our much needed grocery shopping experience to be finally local while providing Trader Joe's off property occupation so they can function beyond those limitations and thrive. We just might have the Lady Lake Mayor's support on this!
Sorry I could not include here for your convenience the request form link for Trader Joe's and the article from Villages news regarding this endeavor, but you can google Trader Joe's and at the bottom of their homepage open contact us that will open options for location request. Please contact Trader Joe's ASAP so we can make a difference and finally get them closer than a 2 hour or more round trip and the frozen foods safely home!
*The article can be found on Villages News search Earth Fare.
Dream on
Old 02-06-2020, 11:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

I could get behind having a Trader Joe's, taking up a corner...of a really big Costco.

Closed Thread

Tags
joes, trader, request, finally, fare

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.