If the Rumor is true, bad news for.....

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Default If the Rumor is true, bad news for.....

Those of us who are PT villagers and letting property manegemnt use our homes for Life style Preview renters are in for a big NO THANK YOU it appears...If the rumor is true about Creekside, could it be that TV will no longer use our homes as rentals and will keep the Creekside homes strictly for their rental income profit???...Buyer Beware if you are considering this option when you buy.......
Old 09-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Default Re: If the Rumor is true, bad news for.....

What's Creekside? A new Village? Part of the age restricted Villages?
Old 09-12-2008, 01:59 AM
Eternal Member

When my home was in the property management program I was told there were 1400 homes in the program. These homes were 100% occupied for the high season. I doubt they will abandon this lucrative revenue opportunity. Remember, they collect 20% of the gross rent, and the owner picks up all of the expenses. If they're renting for $2500 and collecting 25%, that's $500 per month. $500 x $1400 = $700,000. Per month, for 3 months is $2.1 million. As long as they have the demand, why would they walk away from all that money?
Someone said there are 200 units in Creekside. Maybe they will just satisfy some pent up demand with these additional units.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:08 AM

Inquiring about this just last week, I was told by a rep from TV property management that they have reduced the number of individually owned homes in property management to less than 400 from over 1300 a few years ago. Most attractive to property management are those in the newer areas, as they can showcase the newer developments. I wouldn't bank on having your home rented out actively after it's more than 3 years old, particularly if it's not in mint condition, unless you do it on your own or through an 'outside' property management company.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:39 AM
Gold member

Although we didn't buy through our Villages salesperson, we remained friendly, and he made it clear to us that houses more than three years old were never used for life style preview participants. Personally I would never count on TV property management serving as a rental agent for me; after all, that's not why we bought a home here....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.