Well, this is a real mystery. It is really troubling.

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2007, 12:37 AM
Gold member
Default Re: Well, this is a real mystery. It is really troubling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster
Listen to youselves, way too many of you nonresidents I'm sure. Are you planning to overthrow an evil dictator? I don't think so. This is absurd. Are we here to retire or start an insurrection. Relax, enjoy life, golf, dance or whatever and if you don't or can't enjoy retirement, I'm sure there are many other "islands of opportunity" awaiting your conquest. My suggestion is to move on................and be happy elsewhere.
Gee, I thought Pete Wahl had retired.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:42 AM
Veteran member

Nope, just a "full-time" 5 year resident who loves to hear you Nattering Nabobs of Negativism.............Whiners.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:02 AM

Jan, Just finished reading your post concerning all your efforts to advertise TOTV ie; shirts, 3x5 cards, signs, etc. I wil proudly pay for and wear a TOTV shirt. I have a thought and I am sure you guys have thought of it already, BUMPER STICKERS. Put em on Golf Carts, Cars, anything that moves. They also stick to Daily Sun Paper Boxes. Not that I am advocating that.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:07 AM

You asked for a good reason and I think That I have found a couple.

1. The name talk of the villages is synonymous with there apparent "The villages" corporate name and logo and it ****es them off. It may seem small and ludicrous to some but not the current hierarchy that are in control.

2. Now since they seem to own/operate or control everything we eat, sleep and if they could harness it the air all around us. We are no different then corporate America where there slogan is it's our way or the highway.

3. Also I viewed some comments here about the sales of new vs. used homes through this site by members and guests. Things I don't think they want the general public (US) to know. Right now they are hurting with the slow sales market as others are around the USA. Except they have the heads up market right now that nobody else has in the USA and thats all this available land they got and people to buy into there concept and it sells itself.

4. Baby boomer's`are coming and they know it and want the full share not a split with local Realtors who are getting ripped off by TV and are getting away with it everyday.

5. By allowing advertising with this site it may look like to buyers that they are endorsing things being said and done here. They absolutely do not want that to ever, ever happen.

6. Finally did you go out with anyone from there family, maybe you forgot and don/t know it.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:27 AM
Founder

We, the administrators, do not want to consider any kind of assessment to our members. This is a free board and we want to keep it that way. Our membership continues to grow each day. Our page views also continue to grow. We will be okay. Each day I receive at least two inquiries about advertising here.

Bumper stickers always seem like a good idea. Experience tells us that people do not put bumper stickers on their vehicles (only a few do). We are working on the logo shirts. I hope you all understand that there is a considerable up front investment on the part of the administrators. Printing companies do not do one shirt at a time, on demand. There has got to be a large order, in all sizes, costing sometimes a thousand or more dollars. Colors and sizes are all considerations as well.

All in all, TOTV is great. The members are great and we'll be okay.

I would just like to say to the Daily Sun that regardless of why you will not let us advertise, we still like you. We hope that you will reconsider and let us be part of this community. We're good people. Our members are good people. Please give us a chance, OKAY? Even if you won't let us advertise in your paper, would you at least tell us why so we can try to correct whatever it is that you see as a problem. :dontknow:
Old 11-09-2007, 02:46 AM
Veteran member

Bubbalarry, Help me with the logic behind the following comment of yours.

"4. Baby boomers are coming and they know it and want the full share not a split with local Realtors who are getting ripped off by TV and are getting away with it everyday"

How are the local realtors getting ripped off?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:12 AM

It comes down to this......they don't like competition.

Plain and simple.

Put an ad in The Reported.....it is mailed.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Veteran member

:edit: (This thread is really a disturbing story.
Here is an idea for you Jan.

I am thinking all the Sun's competitors would like to write a story about this repressive issue.
Since we are not in TV yet we are not familiar with the names of other area papers but, I am sure you and your partners know where to go.
Larry & Bev
Wanabee future TVer
Old 11-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Gold member

Just a thought regarding bumper stickers. You are right , most people do not like to put them on their vehicle, myself included.
How about the peel off variety, like the sticker they put on my windshield after every oil change. Point is it can be put on a vehicle window and then peeled off or transfered to another vehicle at will. Just the logo would be enough , making it a smaller sticker. People will ask what it stands for, and then we can make the pitch for the forum.
This forum is such a incredible resource and I appreciate all the administrators hard work. I would love to advertise for you with something beyond word of mouth.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:16 PM

OK, it's the age of the internet. How about a "viral" marketing program:

All the 3000+ TOTV members send up to 10 emails to their friends in TV or interested in TV making them aware of this forum. Also, we all talk it up in person.

If each of those recipients in turn mail to 10....you get the idea.

I wouldn't consider is SPAM because it would be coming fom a friend informing me of a GREAT resource.

How about it?

Another plus...no cost to TOTV. Ya gotta love the net!!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Founder

The email network idea is a good one. I wonder if people would do it. Even if 10% did it, that would be 3,000 emails. We could give it a try.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:39 PM

not against an email campaign but i think most of us totv members have probably already told our village friends about totv. i'd focus equal attention to the fact that folks visit but don't necessarily post and stay.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Veteran member

I really think the tee shirts are going to get the word out and make a difference.

Can you imagine MASSES of gren, yellow...whatever color, being worn at the town squares--especially on Cruise Nite ? Someone is bound to ask what "TOTV" stands for!!
Village of Hemmingway
Old 11-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy D
I really think the tee shirts are going to get the word out and make a difference.

Can you imagine MASSES of gren, yellow...whatever color, being worn at the town squares--especially on Cruise Nite ? Someone is bound to ask what "TOTV" stands for!!
TOTV t-shirts. I'd buy that for a dollar! Actually, I would be willing to spend up to $11 or so. Some of my I donated blood T-shirts are wearing out.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:35 PM

I agree with all who said send your story to The Reporter. I remember a year or so ago there was a string of burglaries in The Villages and I was curious as to why The Sun didn't run the story. A neighbor said to me, "Don't be surprised! You will never see anything in the Sun that would be detrimental to The Villages image of Pleasantville, USA." P.S: The Reporter In The Villages can also be accessed on line. I read it all the time to keep up on the news that's not in The Sun.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.