Well, this is a real mystery. It is really troubling.

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Well, this is a real mystery. It is really troubling.

Concerned Villager - I really liked the way you simplified everything. :#1:

For those who want to understand this better, I would strongly suggest you watch THE CORPORATION.

This DVD informs you how corporations work.

Hyacinth Bucket
Old 11-23-2007, 05:06 PM

Dear concerned villager,

You are absolutely right on target. This is our third year renting at the villages, I didn't want to go home, but hubby was not sure about running two homes and the cost.

Due to the housing market we thought we might find some lower priced "used" homes, but what we did find to our astonishment was that the new homes with a "warranty" and never lived in were MUCH cheaper than anything being resold. So we bought. Are very happy and excited. Am sure the market will turn around again. So will just enjoy our warm sunny days in the villages.

I hope all of the resellers can afford to sit on their properties until the market rebounds.

teekart
Old 11-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Concerned Villager

What a pleasure to see such a sensible, unemotional and accurate portrayal of the TV real estate dynamics.
1. You are absolutely right
2. (Concerned Villager) What are you conerned about?
Old 11-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Concerned Villager

What a pleasure to see such a sensible, unemotional and accurate portrayal of the TV real estate dynamics.
This description could almost go in a flow chart! What happens when they sell that last house though? Think someone brought up this issue a few months back??
Old 11-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

good post concerned villager, I am curious, do you live in TV, no special reason, just curious.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyduff
STOP IT..... STOP IT.... STOP IT!

At the risk of sounding Pollyannia, and I ,admit to that about myself.

People of the Villages.... Look around you.... Did it occur to you... "What did we do in our {former} life to deserve all that we have here in the Villages?". Now don't you dare accuse me of being anyone connected to "the family" but we live in the most beautiful place on earth, all of our needs are met and you all want to complain about the Village Sun not posting a "Thank you" ad from Jon. I love you Jon and can't thank you more for providing us with this WONDERFUL web site but Jon...... Please honey child, GET OVER IT! And thank your britches we all live here!
Amen to that and to be honest with you... some of the other topics on this site are just adding fuel to the fire why others are questioning should they or should they not move to the Villages. This site and freedom of speech is hurting the Villages goal to keep selling and growing.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
I attempted to place a Talk of The Villages ad in the Villages Daily Sun. The ad was to thank all of you for being patient during our server problems and invite others to join the forum. They have flatly refused to accept it.

The advertising deparmtnet responded by saying "we decline to accept your advertising."
I called and talked to several managers. The only thing they would say, in answer to every one of my questions was "we decline to accept your advertising."

I ask why. Same answer. I said it was neither obscene or controversial. Same answer. I said it was unfair to our 3,000 members. Same answer. I asked what I could change in the ad to make it acceptable. [u]Same answer.[/u

What could be the reason? Is it because people on Talk of the Villages are free to voice opinions and that freedom of speech is not part of the master plan? I hope I am wrong.

This is really troubling. If anybody can find out what the reason is, I would love to know. We are all Villages residents and the Villages is located in the USA as far as I know.
There is a way of getting the word out about TOTV. If everyone that is a member of TOTV would send out an E-Mail to all their friends and neighbors, then they also send to their friends and so on, it pyramids, soon everyone would know.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:13 PM

I just found this old thread and found it quite interesting. Scary about banning an ad. Is there anything new to this story?
Old 09-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl
Alex. Alex. Alex.

Did I hear that the top slot, The presidency of POA is open?
Why would his curiousty about this matter cause you to take this position? His question is a good one, and one that I am keenly interested in. The answer to his question is "no" there is nothing new to report. TOTV is still banned from advertising in The Daily Sun and they still refused to give us a reason. They simply say, "it is within their rights to do so." If anybody can shed any light on this I would be pleased. We are good people, trying to give the residents and would be residents a way to talk to each other. We work hard at this. We like the Villages. Talk of The Villages is just a little enterprise and we are no threat to the GIANT villages machine. I don't know why they are taking the position they have taken.

Being interested in this, is not "anti Villages" as some would want to believe.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:18 PM

Thanks Talk Host.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
TOTV is still banned from advertising in The Daily Sun and they still refused to give us a reason.
Jan, I find this really hard to understand. They obviously have the wrong idea about TOTV. I think most readers of the posts on this site are left with the impression that most of the posters are estatic about living in TV and would recommend it highly to others. I think we're a great sales tool for the Developer.

A Villages Sales Rep sent me an e-mail yesterday updating me on the inventory being built over by LSL. And she said "Why don't you post it on TOTV". So obviously some of the Village Sales Agents are well aware of the site and friendly towards it.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Sage

Jan,

I guess I'm a little confused about this too. Do you think it is personal against you because of the train issue? I ask this because the Daily Sun takes and prints advertisements from realtors, developers, and lawyers who might be considered competitors or adversaries to TV's developers. So, I don't see where they would consider TOTV itself as a negative on TV or a competitor to the developer...quite the contrary, in fact.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Gold member

Villages 07:
"So, I don't see where they would consider TOTV itself as a negative on TV or a competitor to the developer...quite the contrary, in fact."

For the most part that's very true, V07, but this is primarily a blog sight, and as we have seen, some people have perpetual axes to grind. The Sun is a paper "commercial" for The Villages and they are exercising their ability to keep potential gripers from harming the image they want to portray through blogs of innuendo, half facts and I'm certain, some real facts they do not want aired via the internet. Also, how does discrimination affect the Sun's decision? If they let one blog sight advertise, do they have to let the POA advertise also if they want to advertise a blog sight? I don't know how that works... :dontknow:
Old 09-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Veteran member

This no-ad thing comes from the same close-minded folks who tried to shut down the Obama rally featuring former Sen. Chaffee, in a privately owned restaurant in Spanish Springs. The higher-ups are afraid of any point of view other than that of THE MAN.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:04 AM

O.K., I'm really a little confused here. I kind of fail to see any threat per se from TOTV. The overwhelming attitude on this site is one of pride in The Villages in general. I feel fairly confident in assuming that a lot of people like me found such broadspread support for The villages from those living and posting here that it helped us make a decision to buy here. How is that possibly negative or threatening to the powers that be?
I have no problem with privately owned businesses making their own choices about advertising and such, but what is the point here? I really am curious. Perhaps I am a little naive and don't see the big picture, but I just don't get it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.