Construction Update Video 1-15-2020

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2020, 06:54 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts
Arrow Construction Update Video 1-15-2020

Here's the latest update on the construction happenings here in The Villages. It's been about three months since my last posting due to a very busy personal schedule that needed something to be cut from it and these videos were the easiest thing to eliminate to provide the time to do everything else.

In this video I take a look at the bridges under construction, some non-Villages working going on, many of the commercial properties coming up, and of course the current and new residential work that is happening.

The Villages Construction 01-12-2020 - YouTube

This video footage was shot mainly on Sunday 12 January 2020. Sunday's are usually best for this work due to less people and traffic around to have to avoid. I spent about 10 hours in the field finding the right locations and shot over 3 hours of aerial footage that took another 12 hours to distill down to what you see here. Some of the challenges involved include keeping the aircraft within line of sight and finding area to shoot/fly from that do not trespass on private property and allow views that do not violate Florida privacy law related to drone flying. On the plus side, I've been learning a lot of the back and secondary roads around Sumter County.

If you are interested in learning about and possibly getting into drones as a hobby I now tech two different classes at The Enrichment Academy on drone flying. The first is an entry level course that goes over the basics and the second delves deep into the flying software for DJI brand drones. This is one of the things that has kept me busy the three months, but it also allows me to combine two of my passions, flying and teaching, so to me it's well worth the effort.

I hope you enjoy the video.

One final note, for those considering purchasing a home near the high voltage power lines I would encourage you to watch the movie "The Distinguished Gentleman" staring Eddie Murphy, while a comedy and fiction, there is an underlying message that is touched on in the movie that is based on solid research and empirical data concerning the hazards that is worth listening to.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 01-16-2020, 07:04 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,338 Posts

Very cool, as usual. Thank you.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:49 AM

Thank you for all your hard work.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:02 AM

I saw (heard) what you did there with the crickets at Magnolia Plaza. Very appropriate and also funny.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Awesome Work Don, love the sound of crickets for Magnolia Plaza

Thank you!
Old 01-16-2020, 10:15 AM

Thank you for all your work and great photography! I truly enjoy the videos.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:15 PM
Veteran member

We missed you! So glad you are back! Thanks so much, a great job as usual. Wow has it grown in 3 months.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 01-16-2020, 01:43 PM

You have no idea of the unhappiness of the residents in Village of Collier are experiencing with the construction noise on Powell Ave. How would you like to wear noise cancelling ear phones from 8 in the morning until 5 at night, six days a week? The City of Wildwood told us Villagers that since we don't pay taxes there, we don't count.
Old 01-17-2020, 03:37 AM

I reiterate all that's said above. Your news reels are invaluable source of information of the future which allow us to gauge progress and in so doing to make predictions of the future streams. For those planning to move to TV carefull study will ensure that we are knowledgabel. THANK YOU. (oh and great to see my future neirghbours have turfed their lot so no pool and lanai (yet). Possibly another young couple with plans to add a pool when the move to TV later in life? Good to see you are doing course to share your experiences. You may well have a taker in the future. :-)
Old 01-17-2020, 05:18 AM

Thank you.. always a joy to watch your videos.. we tune in on utube on the TV.. 🏆
Old 01-17-2020, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

yes, thank you. the video is entertaining as well as informative. you answered a lot of questions i had about the new developments.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:29 AM

Thank you so much for the video and all the time and effort you have put into this to share!
Old 01-17-2020, 09:01 AM

Another informative and entertaining video. Your presentation and production skills are more impressive with each release. Thank you again. We very much look forward to these releases.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:36 AM

Thank you Don for your tireless effort in keeping us updated with all the new construction and enhancements here in and around The Villages.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:56 AM
Location: Citrus Grove from Village of Santo Domingo & Sterling Hts Michigan

You and your videos are a great public service. Thank you

Tags
flying, video, hours, construction, worth

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.