Well...well...well

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2020, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLiberal View Post
Maybe the Government can create a Pandemic Response Division of the National Security Council to work on ideas for the next virus.
There was a pandemic response division...Trump got rid of it in 2018
Old 04-20-2020, 08:22 AM

If the best way to fight this virus Is a “stay-home, close businesses” plan - then why after this amount of time are the daily numbers of new cases / deaths still rising?
Are jobs and in some cases irreversible economic loss being sacrificed for a realistically uncontrollable scenario?
Old 04-20-2020, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanoa1kale2 View Post
........... The snarky comments seen on this site are not taking into account those out without masks may very well have been survivors and are not capable of transmitting the virus. Acquiring masks is difficult at this time, even for front line health workers. Keep your distance and practice good sanitary procedures when you come home from shopping.
How long will it be before we see T-shirts that say, "I've had Covid-19. I can NOT infect you".
Old 04-20-2020, 08:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If I post anything about this post, I will be banned and maybe arrested.
GG, while that is really funny, it is probably also true!
Old 04-20-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltma View Post
Has the flu ever flooded our hospitals and ERs like this? Your thoughts are flawed.
Hers a January of 2018 story from Time.

Hospitals Overwhelmed by Flu Patients Are Treating Them in Tents | Time

The media didn’t gin up the fear and panic as much as now. That’s not to say that this shouldn’t be taken seriously. As I’ve mentioned on other threads, the Wuhan virus is deadly serious for approximately 4% of those who contract. There’s an added level of anxiety since we have no vaccine, but the fact still remains that approximately 96% of cases are classified as “mild”, and 98% of cases recover.

I look very skeptically at conspiracy theories, but I can’t help but think that there is a lot we aren’t being told and that sinister political posturing games are being played by everyone involved.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:36 AM

Over 40,000 deaths now
Old 04-20-2020, 08:57 AM

We will probably get a vacine for COVID-19, too bad we haven't found a vacine for ignorance and stupidy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker View Post
So the “regular” flu in 1980 killed 80,000 Americans according to the CDC. And this is with 45% of the adult population having been vaccinated. So conservatively 50 million people vaccinated.

Did we shut down the country and destroy millions of people’s lives?

Nope.

With Coronavirus we have ZERO people vaccinated, and so far about 34,000 deaths, which the CDC is trying to inflate by counting people who die at home. If we apply that same logic to the 2018 flu deaths then you would be over 100,000 deaths from the “regular “ flu.

So it looks like we need to shut down the country every year, for at least 2 months, until we are all living in huts, or tents if you’re a camper.

There is a reason the word “sheeple” was invented...
And the New Stanford study reinforces the folly by government. Showing that it’s not 3%. It’s 1/10 of one percent. Wow.
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by milling73 View Post
If the best way to fight this virus Is a “stay-home, close businesses” plan - then why after this amount of time are the daily numbers of new cases / deaths still rising?
Are jobs and in some cases irreversible economic loss being sacrificed for a realistically uncontrollable scenario?
Are numbers of deaths still rising? I keep hearing the curve is flattening, including NYC. As for the increase in numbers of cases, that is a given with more and more testing being done. There are many asymptomatic cases out there that we don't even know about. More testing = more positive results, including those who are asymptomatic.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
Then if that’s your belief maybe you should go shopping without a mask and gloves!there was 34200 from the flu in 2018-2019 get your facts straight!
Fauci and Gates have a vested interest in vaccines for Covid-19 (aka SARS-CoV-2). They stand to make $billions. The MSM is lying to you. Look on line, e.g. Paul Craig Roberts.

“When your business priority is profiting from disease rather than achieving/maintaining health, then events like pandemics become your ‘business partners’ and vibrant health becomes an enemy or evil.” ~ Darzoum
Old 04-20-2020, 09:05 AM

We now know who our village idiot is!
Old 04-20-2020, 09:12 AM

Hi all.. I'm just going to relay a phone conversation we had this morning with someone who lives in NYC and both of them had Covid... they are recovered, however, I don't think we are hearing the real stories like they are hearing in NY City.. Many of their friends have had it and one 39 year old friend was in a coma for 3 weeks.. and now is coming out of it.. his body has atrophied so bad that he still can't text and is still in the hospital.. another friend, because his organs were shutting down had his leg amputated.. and this disease is really affecting the liver and they are now short on dialysis machines.. these are all young healthy people.. NO PRE EXISTING CONDITIONS..
No one is immune to this.. I know it's hard, but we've put all this time in so far.. why blow it now by trying to get out there in the public. Some one put it the best this way.. If you were offered a bowl of skittles and they told you 2 of them in the 100 would kill you.. would you even try one!!!
This Covid is REAL PEOPLE.. We may not be hearing all the stories which may change your mind about it.. BUT I JUST DID!!!!! Gov. Coumo stated the the highest concentration of pos covid is not in NYC, it is in a small rural town mid NY state.. So you don't need a mass of people close together.. all it takes is the virus to plant hold.. YOU NEED TO KNOW.. I WANT THIS OVER AS MUCH AS YOU DO.. As a small Business.. I am paying huge rent, and can not be open.. it's not just keeping my home abreast.. I have a store front that I'm paying rent for with utilities..and I CANNOT BE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.. it's taking a toll..PEOPLE LISTEN..stop making this political... these are our lives, our parents lives, our children..,PAY ATTENTION.. DO WHAT IS RIGHT..Just be patient.. and this will pass.. WE must stand together!!
Old 04-20-2020, 09:13 AM
theruizs

Quote:
So the “regular” flu in 1980 killed 80,000 Americans according to the CDC. And this is with 45% of the adult population having been vaccinated. So conservatively 50 million people vaccinated.

Nope.

With Coronavirus we have ZERO people vaccinated, and so far about 34,000 deaths, which the CDC is trying to inflate by counting people who die at home. If we apply that same logic to the 2018 flu deaths then you would be over 100,000 deaths from the “regular “ flu.

So it looks like we need to shut down the country every year, for at least 2 months, until we are all living in huts, or tents if you’re a camper.

You are looking at the facts in a way that will fit the point you want to make, not all the facts. There IS NO vaccine yet for this virus. It is far more infectious than the flu, and the death rate of those infected (4.6% in the US) eclipses the fraction of a percent death rate of the flu. Yes, that’s because we have a vaccine for the flu each year, so what? The experts have said if this thing runs wild millions would die, not 100,000. This comparison to the flu is getting really old and has been proved false over and over.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryDC View Post
Fauci and Gates have a vested interest in vaccines for Covid-19 (aka SARS-CoV-2). They stand to make $billions. The MSM is lying to you. Look on line, e.g. Paul Craig Roberts.

“When your business priority is profiting from disease rather than achieving/maintaining health, then events like pandemics become your ‘business partners’ and vibrant health becomes an enemy or evil.” ~ Darzoum
Gates has GIVEN millions to the study and research of contagious diseases - including COVID-19. Not loaned, and not "invested." GIVEN. He has a foundation set up that does this.

Edited to add: Paul Craig Roberts is a Holocaust denier.

"When you post stupid things on the internet because you believe conspiracy websites, then you prove yourself to be gullible." ~My cat
Old 04-20-2020, 09:46 AM
Default Amen Brother !

Quote:

Nope.

Amen Brother, this is a good example of the media hype that can create fear and panic. This is a mutation of the "SARS" flu which occurred a few years ago. One might become a conspiracy buff if this type of planning keeps up. I wonder why dying from corona virus is different then dying from the common flu or even the H1 N1 which was thought to be viralent a few years ago. Dead is dead, but the reaction to this pandemic seems to be over the top.
Closed Thread

Tags
deaths, people, vaccinated, flu, shut

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.