Wellness Center

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Send a message via AIM to LovinItAtTheVillages Send a message via Yahoo to LovinItAtTheVillages
Default Wellness Center

:arrow: I have been looking online for any info on The Villages Wellness Center...but really isnt much on there except address and phone..
I am going to go over next week but wondered in mean time..has anyone here gone?
is it a good place for a beginner to go..I have never done any training and need to get in shape ..need to lose weight this year for sure........but dont want to join and then find I dont attend because I dont know what to do

I need a program where they have trainers to guide you as to what machines do what
Thanks for any info.................. :hot:
Old 01-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Founder
Default Re: Wellness Center

I was a member of the Wellness center for over a year. Everything there is nice. The equipment is in good shape. It is very clean. There are employees there to help you get started and there are employees there who walk around and give tips. In fact, you must spend a visit with a trainer before you can start. They even have you fill out medical info so that they are sure you are physically able to do it.
Now, the negative that caused me to leave and go elsewhere. During the winter months, it is crowded. More than one time, I left because there were too many people. Specially on Monday, and specially this time of year.

I am a very serious fitness buff and I found myself having to wait, or bypass certain equipment because it is occupied. I also found that many of the members there do not pay attention to the circuit. That is to say, you are suppose to go from one piece of equipment to the next in order to allow a smooth flow through the equipment. Instead, people go from 1 to 6 to 4 to 9 and so on. That is a problem for me, but many others don't seem to care to much. It's nice, the people are nice, its clean, it's just toooooooooooo busy for me.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Send a message via AIM to LovinItAtTheVillages Send a message via Yahoo to LovinItAtTheVillages

ahh...ok thats good to know ..and I would only be there during busy months sooo I will have to check it out
I planned to go every afternoon...after Im done getting my Tourist Tan LOLOL
Old 04-09-2007, 10:35 PM

Sorry I missed this one in Jan..

I joined the Center in March of this year. It is great for me. I like to go in the early morning. This year, they did something different. The 3 monthers had to come in after 11 a.m. This freed up the machines for the 6-12 month members. It seemed to work quite well. The staff liked the change..as well as the members that has longer memberships.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.