We're coming! Relocation Co?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2013, 07:57 AM
Default We're coming! Relocation Co?

The house is sold! Never used a relocation company before but we are considering Suddath Relocation Systems, & Atlantic Relocation Systems. Any feedback out there?
Old 03-29-2013, 08:04 AM

I used Suddath for my move from NYC this past May. After all the horror stories I had heard about moving companies I made sure I did a lot of research before I decided on Suddath. I was very happy with their service. The move went smoothly, the people I dealt with were professional and everything happened in a timely manner. Best of all, they quoted me the best price. Good luck with your move.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,374 Times in 1,852 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I see you are speaking about a moving company.

The relocation service offered by The Villages did not help us at all.

Others have said that it did, but the realtors they select for you..must pay a portion of their fee to The Villages, kind of not a motivating factor to really put your house at the top of their list

Just my very humble opinon.

See, I don't think everything from The Villages is perfect.

Just a whole lot.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,412 Times in 621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I see you are speaking about a moving company.

The relocation service offered by The Villages did not help us at all.

Others have said that it did, but the realtors they select for you..must pay a portion of their fee to The Villages, kind of not a motivating factor to really put your house at the top of their list

Just my very humble opinon.

See, I don't think everything from The Villages is perfect.

Just a whole lot.
That's interesting to know, Gracie. We too were offered relocation help through TV, and had such a bad experience with our realtor that we took the condo off the market after one month. Absolutely nothing was done to put the condo forth--no advertising, no open houses, no contacting other realtors for feedback after showings--and no checking on the place as promised when we were out of the country for three weeks for our son's wedding.

That was actually the last straw: someone showed the place, left the sliders wide open to the deck facing a busy marina (where all could see), and used the bathroom. (I'll leave it to the imagination as to how we discovered that. Thank goodness it was Ron and not I.) Our neighbor walked by and noticed the sliders; went in and closed and locked the place up, then emailed us.

Also, nothing was said about a fee going back to TV. We would not have gone with them had we known.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.