Priority Pools - and their guest

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Default Priority Pools - and their guest

I am a priority member - and would like to take other resident villagers to the priority pools. Because they are residents and not a "guest" - do I also need to get a guest pass for them - or - will their village id be enough.

I can all the office on Monday - just wanted to see if anyone had taken another villager to a priority pool - and what they needed to do.

Thanks.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyblue View Post
I am a priority member - and would like to take other resident villagers to the priority pools. Because they are residents and not a "guest" - do I also need to get a guest pass for them - or - will their village id be enough.

I can all the office on Monday - just wanted to see if anyone had taken another villager to a priority pool - and what they needed to do.

Thanks.
My understanding is that you cannot take another Villager to the priority pools.

And you can't get a guest pass for a Villager.
See related posts and threads on guest passes.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Only way you're going to get a Villager into a priority pool who is not a member is if they do not have a TV address on their driver's license. In uddah woids, they (and you) gotta lie and say they're not Villagers.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-16-2010, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

The easiest way is to have them pay the annual "priority pool fee" of $200. My wife who doesn't golf did just that so that she can enjoy the pools with visiting family and company.

Since you made the effort to become a member why give non paying residents a "free" ride and take the risk of being penalized for skirting the rules. .........jmho
Old 10-16-2010, 08:53 AM
BOMBERO
Default Here's your sign

Quote:

Thanks.
Yeah, this will work. I know it will. 200 of you guys can chip in $1.00 each and pay my Priority Pool Fee. Then I'll take all 200 of you to a Priority Pool as my guests.
kyblue please move over, 201 of us are coming to splash around.

Last edited by BOMBERO; 10-16-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:

Thanks.
Hey kyblue,

I know I do not own in TV so I am not allowed to have an opinion on this I guess. But I might someday, depending on the results of the upcoming recon mission. If it happens, I know I will want to BUY a priority pool membership.

So kyblue, I am a nice lady and will cut you some slack here because I think when you think this thru a little further you will get it.............

but.......if you still don't see it, I sure hope you remembered to let your friends out of the trunk when you were sneaking them into the drive-in last night.

Boomer
Old 10-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Soaring Parsley
Default A Case of Mistaken Identity

......about this morning's post here from me.....

I am SO embarrassed.

I have read a lot of posts from kentucky blue and he can be quite good at the slightly edgy little aside (some of which have been downright hilarious) and so I figured I would give him a slightly edgy little aside (purely for educational purposes, of course) and he would be fine with it. And that’s what happened this morning. But Sassy Boomer was posting an answer to the wrong blue.

When I looked back just now, I saw that the thread was from kyblue not kentucky blue. And then I noticed that kyblue is from Cincinnati, like me, and is probably nice and polite and maybe really did not think through how those priority pool passes have to work. Maybe kyblue was missing the obvious. I miss the obvious sometimes – like this morning.

Oh, this is so hard to explain. It is probably making no sense. I am making it worse. And now probably both kyblue and kentucky blue think I am a you-know-what. Soon nobody in the tri-state area will be speaking to me.

Geez. See why I have to fly under the radar around here. Who knows what Boomer might say?

I have GOT to stop posting on TOTV. Or I have to make Boomer stop posting on TOTV. But I can’t. (sigh) At least nobody knows who I am.

AKA Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 10-16-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Sage

Boomer:

Question - what is the third state in your Tri-state Area around Cincinnati?

The Cincinnati Tri-State Area is not noted in Wikipedia - maybe it needs correction?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-state_area

(both my brothers have priority pool memberships and we use the car trunk just like the days at the Sauk Trail Drive-In.)

http://www.driveintheater.com/
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 10-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,369 Times in 2,397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
......about this morning's post here from me.....

I am SO embarrassed.

I have read a lot of posts from kentucky blue and he can be quite good at the slightly edgy little aside (some of which have been downright hilarious) and so I figured I would give him a slightly edgy little aside (purely for educational purposes, of course) and he would be fine with it. And that’s what happened this morning. But Sassy Boomer was posting an answer to the wrong blue.

When I looked back just now, I saw that the thread was from kyblue not kentucky blue. And then I noticed that kyblue is from Cincinnati, like me, and is probably nice and polite and maybe really did not think through how those priority pool passes have to work. Maybe kyblue was missing the obvious. I miss the obvious sometimes – like this morning.

Oh, this is so hard to explain. It is probably making no sense. I am making it worse. And now probably both kyblue and kentucky blue think I am a you-know-what. Soon nobody in the tri-state area will be speaking to me.

Geez. See why I have to fly under the radar around here. Who knows what Boomer might say?

I have GOT to stop posting on TOTV. Or I have to make Boomer stop posting on TOTV. But I can’t. (sigh) At least nobody knows who I am.

AKA Boomer
Who's on first?
Old 10-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Boomer:

Question - what is the third state in your Tri-state Area around Cincinnati?

The Cincinnati Tri-State Area is not noted in Wikipedia - maybe it needs correction?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-state_area

(both my brothers have priority pool memberships and we use the car trunk just like the days at the Sauk Trail Drive-In.)

http://www.driveintheater.com/
Hey chuck,

I am trying to remember if I have ever offended any Hoosiers. They're my other neighbors here in SW Ohio.

Wikipedia! Oh my! Do you know what your English teacher would have to say about using Wikipedia as a reference source. (What was her name again?)

That drive-in link you posted brings back memories -- which I have rethought posting here.

- - - - - - -

And...Hey there, Bogie Shooter, you don't know nuthin 'bout edgy little asides do you.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 10-16-2010 at 11:25 PM. Reason: too late to be typing stuff I guess
Old 05-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Default Swimming Pools with food/drink bar

Is there such a thing---so that we could buy a cold drink and snack while we are at a pool? If not, does anyone know if we would be allowed to bring a cooler to a pool? Thank you.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

The Orange Blossom Pool (priority) has the Tiki Bar. I've brought coolers to the pool (non-alcoholic, though) and never had anyone say anything, so I guess it's okay.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Gold member
Default Just read the Pool Rules

posted at every pool and probably online (check thevillages.net). Yes, you can bring coolers - no glass allowed, must eat at the table area, not on the lounges, etc. Probably has to do with keeping the pools clean, which makes sense. And yes, alcohol allowed - at least at the adult pools. Not sure about the family pools.

And yes, you can order food and drink at the Country Club pools, if you are a Priority Member - at least that's my understanding. Not sure where you have to eat there (I am not a member), have only had glimpses over the gate.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Gold member
Default Priority Pool?

New to TV and do not know about Priority Pools and memberships? What is this? Thanks. Shr
Old 05-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Location: Too many to mention, then Loveland, OH; Poinciana then Fernandina!

I have been looking for a list of priority pools and unable to locate one - can anyone direct me to such a list?
"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs your heart is very big " Erica Jong
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.