Were on our way

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Default thanks

Did I mention we buried St. Francis? I am still in shock. Not sure if I mentioned the young couple want to close the end of March.

We are going to rent back to them April and May. My last day of school is June 15 and hopefully driving down to our beautiful new home.

Sallybow we are on Bachman Path and will be coming very soon to pick out want we want in the house. Can't wait to meet you and other neighbors.
So come on in and visit.

Yes I really want the stackables on the lanai. Still deciding on kitchen cabinets and tile vs laminate . Did anyone get upgrade in kitchen?

I know one thing we did right , priced to sell, everything staged and clean clean . Thank you all for your kind thoughts see you soon. I am soooo happy
Old 03-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Default What to get

Congrats!! Our house in MI goes on the market in April/May. We built a Lily on Claverton (Buttonwood) and agree with the recommendations to stretch what you can. We got under cabinet lighting and really like that.

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Old 03-12-2011, 05:49 PM

Congrats on your sale

There must be something in the air because after 6 months on the market, we too got an offer. Hooray!!!!! We closed on our house in Hadley in December and have just been waiting to sell this home in NJ. Now we just have everything crossed that all will go well with the inspection. Once we get past that we'll be all set. Since our lawyer has informed us that we don't need to be here for closing, it looks like we'll be moving out on April 12 and I'll be in TV to celebrate my birthday on the 16th What a great gift!!
Old 03-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Veteran member

Congrats to all of you. Welcome to TV!
Old 03-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Question

We too are almost listed. Will buy after selling. Should we rent a storage place for 75 a month and then repack in a pod or should we go ahead and get the pod. We want to stage the house. If you have a pod while showing the house would that be appropriate?
Old 03-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Sage

Oceangirl,

Wow, what fabulous news!

Best wishes to all who posted in this thread that you are listed, about to list or just sold. Whatever the status of your old home, you are on your way to Lower Paradise, and I'm excited for you!

Sounds like Buttonwood is shaping you to be another warm and wonderful Village, filled with terrific people.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Gold member

Don't know any specifics about a Gardinia. We purchased a Whispering Pine model and after purchasing we did a lot of additions and improvements. One thing that I didn't do was purchase improvements that required additional work. For instance, we had our driveway paved with bricks. It looks nice but requires a coat of sand every few months because the bricks tend to loosen. We had plantings put in that don't like the frost very much so every spring we have to prune etc. More extra work. We got marble counter tops in the kitchen which supposedly require adding sealers each year. More extra work. My mantra would now be if you are doing any additional work be sure that once it's installed you shouldn't have to do extra work to maintain it.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 03-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
...We got marble counter tops in the kitchen which supposedly require adding sealers each year. More extra work. My mantra would now be if you are doing any additional work be sure that once it's installed you shouldn't have to do extra work to maintain it.
John
I'm surprised they didn't try to persuade you from using marble in the kitchen, my remodeler was very adamant against marble in the kitchen. They say it's too soft and pourest, that's why you probably have to keep sealing it because it will stain. Also they say since it's softer it can scratch and will culture bacteria. They recommend marble for bathrooms and the best for kitchens they say is quartz.

We remodeled our kitchen here in Baltimore two years ago and got granite and I really like it but is expensive. I found it's not all one price, our dealer had 7 levels of granite and we picked a middle #4 granite, it was a very popular design and cost us $3600 for a 10'x3' island plus about 12' of countertops. I wouldn't hesitate using granite in the kitchen again once we make our move to TV.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I'm surprised they didn't try to persuade you from using marble in the kitchen, my remodeler was very adamant against marble in the kitchen. They say it's too soft and pourest, that's why you probably have to keep sealing it because it will stain. Also they say since it's softer it can scratch and will culture bacteria. They recommend marble for bathrooms and the best for kitchens they say is quartz.

We remodeled our kitchen here in Baltimore two years ago and got granite and I really like it but is expensive. I found it's not all one price, our dealer had 7 levels of granite and we picked a middle #4 granite, it was a very popular design and cost us $3600 for a 10'x3' island plus about 12' of countertops. I wouldn't hesitate using granite in the kitchen again once we make our move to TV.
John -

Granite requires sealing on a periodic basis as well. Quartz does not.

Bill
Old 03-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
John -
Granite requires sealing on a periodic basis as well. Quartz does not.
Bill
That must be why Quartz is the top recommendation. However, not all granite needs annual sealing, the darker ones like Black Galaxy do not require it. It's best to know the name of your granite since each is different, mine is Santa Cecelia which is a gold/honey color with specs of black. I haven't touched it in 2-1/2 years since it's original sealing and it looks great. However, with our home going on the market soon this reminds me to put some Miracle 511 sealant on it.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangirl View Post
Still in shock but a good feeling. Our sign went up last Sat. morning. And yesterday our realtor came over with a contract.

We need to come down in the next couple of weeks to pick out upgrades in the home we are going to build in Buttonwood. I would love to hear what you have added in your home. We have selected the Gardina.

If all goes well here we should be in TV sometime in July.

We are so excitied can't wait to leave this cold weather

Can't wait to meet new friends.
WOW. Congrats on the quick sale.

I hope some of your luck will rub off on me as I am putting my condo on the market in April. I hope 2011 is my year that I can plan on moving to TV and avoid another brutal winter.

What a wonderful kind of stress to have!!!!!

Best wishes for your happiness and on your move.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.