What % Own a Dog?

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Wow!
Saw a stroller yesterday with a child in it.
Whatever next!
There’s a limit to what I’ll believe on this forum!
Old 01-12-2022, 07:16 PM
Default Own a Dog?

I have a dog, although I vowed I would never have another after the heartbreak of losing my last one. Then …. I was on Pet Matches for Villagers and there was this 7 year old chihuahua whose mother was not able to take care of him …. And I am a dog mom again. One of the pluses of adopting an older dog is that he was fully house trained.

Another option is to foster. They are always looking for temporary homes for fur babies. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-2-56 View Post
Friends and I are always impressed with all of the dog walkers, dogs in the parks and dogs riding in carts.
I love dogs but I cannot go through losing another one.

Has there ever been a poll or survey of what percentage of Villager’s homes have a canine?
Feline?
Either?

Just curious.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

In the past month, death has knocked on the door of the 3, one person residents. All three had pets, one very elderly dog, a 3 year old jack, and a 8 month old mixed puppy.

Families didn’t want, so hope they all found a good Rescue, instead of just dropping off at the pound. We decided that this will our last pet who is 13. Yes much joy everyday, but to expect someone to take over is just too much.

I don’t want my family to have to deal with the gut wrenching problem of trying to find a home. Sometimes it’s not just about you, even if one is alone.

Last edited by asianthree; 01-13-2022 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,622 Times in 5,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-2-56 View Post
Friends and I are always impressed with all of the dog walkers, dogs in the parks and dogs riding in carts.
I love dogs but I cannot go through losing another one.

Has there ever been a poll or survey of what percentage of Villager’s homes have a canine?
Feline?
Either?

Just curious.
Zero percent. Dogs are not owned.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:43 AM

We are not exact elderly - yet, but already would never ever consider getting a puppy or a dog with a high certainly of being around 15 years out. Not judging others - but It is just not fair to the dogs especially if they are also seniors if something happens to us or our housing needs change. Being 75 and choosing a puppy is just not a good combination
Old 01-13-2022, 10:29 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

8 houses with only one dog owner with two dogs, but about 20 regular dog walkers using our lawns.
Old 01-13-2022, 03:50 PM

One of the funniest videos I've seen lately is this guy I watch on YouTube crying over a cremated cat he sent out in the mail. Not sure how well it translates to anyone not familiar with him but my wife and I cried from laughter at his reactions:

Pet Angel CAUGHT, BUSTED for Scamming Me ~ Heartbroken Trust Shatters Reputable Company - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Did you get the urge to chase cars? For me it was fire hydrants, but...well...

Funny how different cultures see their critters. Cattle live the life of Riley in India while over here, just about every time I see one, I'm thinking "ribeye". On the other hand we people-ize our pooches to the extent that critter funeral homes and crematories are doing a pretty good business and we'll spend thousands of dollars to keep (say) a 16-year-old dog, one that has already outlived it's life expectancy by probably four years, alive for just a few more months.

Hey. I'm guilty too! Kitty got pretty sick a couple years back and I ponied up about $1500 or so for the fix. Back in the day, we just shot the sick animals.
Old 01-13-2022, 03:54 PM

Old 01-13-2022, 06:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,251 Times in 4,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by triflex View Post
One of the funniest videos I've seen lately is this guy I watch on YouTube crying over a cremated cat he sent out in the mail. Not sure how well it translates to anyone not familiar with him but my wife and I cried from laughter at his reactions:

Pet Angel CAUGHT, BUSTED for Scamming Me ~ Heartbroken Trust Shatters Reputable Company - YouTube
Nice you know you think that's funny...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-14-2022, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,359 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Zero percent. Dogs are not owned.
See how that statement stands up in court, if your dog ripped the neighbor to shreds!
Old 01-14-2022, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,359 Times in 2,509 Posts

Duplicate.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:39 AM

Quote:

We had a friend who adored his Labrador, dog died, owner threw it in the garbage truck, unbelievable, but true.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:06 PM

I'm not sure what you do with a dead animal in The Villages. I certainly would not want it buried in my backyard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbartle1 View Post
We had a friend who adored his Labrador, dog died, owner threw it in the garbage truck, unbelievable, but true.
Old 01-15-2022, 06:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,251 Times in 4,283 Posts

Quote:
I'm not sure what you do with a dead animal in The Villages. I certainly would not want it buried in my backyard.
Most Vets offer cremation services...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-15-2022, 05:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,653 Times in 1,496 Posts
Default HAHAH, oops. Sorry.

Quote:

😆😆😆, sorry. I did not see the you tube video, but I can't help thinking that someone's cat dies, so they have it cremated then box up the ashes and take them to the post office to mail them. Sounds like some nutty Seinfeld episode. Thinking of all the possible scenario's and, it is hilarious, not that a cat died, that is sad, but the rest of it is nutty.
Hahaha. 😂😂😂😂
Closed Thread

Tags
dogs, dog, poll, survey, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.