Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   What are the biggest rip-off co.s in TV (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/what-biggest-rip-off-co-s-tv-261035/)

refeik 04-18-2018 12:45 PM

golf fees

Coal Miner 04-18-2018 01:35 PM

Service Smart and Tire Choice are the 2 biggest rip offs in TV.

Chatbrat 04-18-2018 02:09 PM

So if you have been screwed by service smart & tire choice--get a cheap magnetic sign & put it on your car--to alert other Villagers--this site doesn't get around to everyone

Lucky Mary 04-18-2018 02:27 PM

VIR group is unbelievable!! Company owes lots of money to a lot of people!! People need to google Alistair Barrett Powell/VIR & all will be amazed to see what they find......

stacy88@charter.net 04-18-2018 02:35 PM

I also nominate The Vir group. Not only do they owe me over $9600.00 in unpaid rent, they damaged my villa by burning my siding by putting the gas grill up against the wall, stained my carpets with some type of oil, and had significant damage to my moldings by dogs. There’s a class action lawsuit filed with Florida’s attorney general!! Please RUN from them!

crabbyannie1 04-19-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpkinp (Post 1533903)
How about the notorious Davis Clinic. They can cure anything?

Are you kidding? According to their advertising, they can cure EVERYTHING! HA HA HA

Penguin 04-19-2018 02:09 PM

I have heard complaints about Tire Choice for 5 years so why are they still in business. Everyone, I mean everyone I talk to has been slighted from Tire Choice. It would be nice to have a reputable repair shop there because its so convenient for a lot of villagers.

Chatbrat 04-19-2018 02:24 PM

Go to Accutech, you can't go wrong-Robert, uses OEM parts and is meticulous--my personal Benz just hit 150K, &with luck I hope I last as long as it does-& its a 2011 , I'm a 1943

jtdraig 04-20-2018 08:38 AM

Tire choice, like most of the other tire places, gives their service representatives commissions on the work that they "recommend" to their customers. So, you can go in for an oil change and some slick dude comes out telling you that if you don't get new brakes you are going to die. So, $750 later you go out with new brakes that you may or may not need. This happened to me a few years back. I decided to take the vehicle to a mechanic that I trusted (Accutech) and I didn't need new brakes at all. That is the last time that I set foot in Tire Choice and I do go out of my way to tell friends not to go there.