What to change in the Lantana

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Sage
Default What to change in the Lantana

We will be building a Lantana and the design meeting is in 3 weeks. We are hoping those who have built them could offer ideas as to what they love about it and what they would change if they could go back and redo. Any and all suggestions and comments are welcome. We are building a golf garage and already have a two foot stretch front to back and are building a pool. Also, does anyone know what a standard lot measures for the width?
Old 02-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Sage

My Lantana has two sliding doors...one in the living room, the other in the kitchen dining area. I LOVE that extra slider. Friends have different arrangements in the laundry room....opting to have the washer and dryer out of the pathway into the house. Not sure if that's an option or of they had it changed after the fact.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Sage

I think the model has the sliders (are they pocket?) both in the living area and the nook area.
Where do they have the washer/dryer? I thought that was the only place.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
I think the model has the sliders (are they pocket?) both in the living area and the nook area.
Where do they have the washer/dryer? I thought that was the only place.
They have a closet/pantry lining the entire wall where the washer and dryer usually are. The washer and dryer are against the wall that backs the kitchen I believe. That pantry closet is amazing! Again, I'm not sure if it was installed after the fact or not, but it is one thing I'd love to have.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Sage

I think I see where you are referring to on the floor plan..I was going to use that to make an office. But if I could fit the washer/dryer and sink in that space, it would give me a really nice size office in the pathway. Did it accommodate the sink as well?
Old 02-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
I think I see where you are referring to on the floor plan..I was going to use that to make an office. But if I could fit the washer/dryer and sink in that space, it would give me a really nice size office in the pathway. Did it accommodate the sink as well?
You know, I don't really know....I was so busy looking at that pantry... The sink is probably there, plumbing had to be rerouted for the washer and dryer so....

A couple of my friends also have Lantanas and have made the laundry room their offices. They've left the washer, dryer, sink in place and have had wall cabinets and built in desks put in. Looks nice.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Veteran member
Default Lantana

Quote:
Hi

Have you checked out?

http://www.thevillages.com/homes/new...%20Options.pdf

We are going with kitchen option G. Shows the laundry, sink and walk thru from garage to the kitchen.

Where from CT are you from?...
Old 02-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Sage

Hmmn. I just realized I am going to have a refrigerator sticking out if I do that. Not thrilled about that but I really want that office. I just saw a preowned vls 209706 that shows a small office. I would do mine on an L to get more use of the space but I like having a place to put all the papers.

Last edited by shcisamax; 02-26-2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: wrong number
Old 02-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Sage

I just realized also I will lose part of the ktichen space. ooh. That could be a problem.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
We will be building a Lantana and the design meeting is in 3 weeks. We are hoping those who have built them could offer ideas as to what they love about it and what they would change if they could go back and redo. Any and all suggestions and comments are welcome. We are building a golf garage and already have a two foot stretch front to back and are building a pool. Also, does anyone know what a standard lot measures for the width?
If you are going to be in The Villages before March 23, send me an PM and I will be glad to have you over to see what was done with my Lantana. We are extremely happy with the extras and stretching and that stuff.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Sage

Shcisamax:

If you'll do a search on "Lilac Storage Room" and look at posts #19 and #23, you'll see photos of how we did our Lantana laundry room. It looks like our plan is like Option A.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Shcisamax:

If you'll do a search on "Lilac Storage Room" and look at posts #19 and #23, you'll see photos of how we did our Lantana laundry room. It looks like our plan is like Option A.
But don't you lose even more kitchen space?
Old 02-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Sage

There were no layout choices a few years ago, so we worked with what we had. More counter space would be nice, however, we are able to both work in the kitchen at the same time. We tore out the pantry in the kitchen and installed a wall oven there. It made the kitchen seem larger. I think that is an option now.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Sage

Yes, that option is actually the one they show in the model and on tour A. I like it alot especially because the refrigerator is against the wall on the back towards the garage. When it is on the outside wall, it sticks out and takes over the room.
BTW: Did you get your appliances from TV or did you do that after you bought?
Old 02-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Sage

Just found out our lot does not accommodate a 3 car garage but only a 2 plus a golf.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.